[comp.sys.amiga.games] Cadaver help

jahnd@prism.cs.orst.edu (David A Jahn) (02/19/91)

Help! I have run in to a dead end on Level 3 of Cadaver (the one where the king
sends you on several quests for herbs, the white powder, etc.).  I am currently
searching the guard chambers for the chalice.  I've gotten by the two guys who
"bowl" at you; I've gotten the key (exit key) behind the board by killing the
gargoyles; pulling the lever in this room activates something - what?
I've gotten the key from the next room where the "faces" spit rocks -
that key clicks in the lock in this room but again I've noticed no effect.  In
the next room (where the "volcanos" spit rocks) there are 2 keyholes and 2
doors.  One door is unlocked but blocked on the other side.  The other door is
locked.  I have no keys and no unlock-door spells.  What am I missing?  How
do I leave this room?   BTW - Cadaver is an excellent strategy-adventure-
arcade game which I highly recommend to all you gamers out there.

      			  David

buffa@kish.inria.fr (Michel Buffa) (02/21/91)

In article <1991Feb19.064127.7511@lynx.CS.ORST.EDU>, jahnd@prism.cs.orst.edu (David A Jahn) writes:
> do I leave this room?   BTW - Cadaver is an excellent strategy-adventure-
> arcade game which I highly recommend to all you gamers out there.
>
>       			  David

I agree totally: CADAVER is one of the very best "strategy-adventure-
arcade games" ever made.

Michel Buffa:       Projet Robotvis, INRIA, France

    Internet:       buffa@sardaigne.inria.fr
Surface Mail:       Michel BUFFA, INRIA - Sophia Antipolis,
                    2004, route des Lucioles, 06565 Valbonne Cedex -- FRANCE
 Voice phone:       (33) 93.65.78.39, Fax: (33) 93 65 77 65

edg@ingres.com (Ed Goldman) (02/23/91)

I need help on Level 3 as well, but have not gotten as far as the original
poster:

I've completed the 2nd part of the "kings quests" (through the kitchen area).
I've come out of this with 2 gems.  In the 3rd quest is room that contains
4 holes in the floor in which to place 4 gems.  In this very same room is a
chest that contains another gem.  This leaves me 1 gem short and I can't seem
to find it.  I'm guessing that I should have come out of the kitchen area
with 3 gems, not 2, but can't find a 3rd anywhere.

Since I haven't played for a while, being stuck, I can't remember how I got
the 1st 2 gems.  So, can someone tell me where all the gems are located?

Maybe this has something to do with it:

In the kitchen area there's a storeroom with a lot of stacked barrels.
Using a key, a large round hole opens in the wall (similar to another room
where the hole acts as a "catapult" for the large stone).  I put the
stone into this hole, but all it seems to do is go into an adjacent room
where it rolls back-and-forth on a high raised platform.  Is this a
red-herring or do I need to do something with this?  There's also a barrel
sitting up on this high platform which is, where I believe, I found the
item to complete this quest.  Dropping the barrel to the ground seemd to have
no effect either.

Thanks in adv.,

-edg-

goose@surf.sics.bu.oz.au (Ralph Schwarten) (04/03/91)

Hi, can someone help me with the first few problems in level two of
cadaver ?
I can make it through to the levers but have no idea of how to continue

thanks fro any help please post your replies as my mailer is a bit
funny
goose