[comp.sys.amiga.games] Sentinel ??

sl242003@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Jon Paul Baker) (04/03/91)

Last school year some friends of mine were playing a game called
Sentinel or Sentinel World on an IBM PC.  Has this game been ported to
Amiga?  It is an excellent, involved space adventure game with fairly
well done graphics.  (Nothing astounding, but it was a good game.)

Jon

beust@avahi.inria.fr (Cedric BEUST) (04/03/91)

In article <1991Apr2.170445.28628@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu> sl242003@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Jon Paul Baker) writes:

>Last school year some friends of mine were playing a game called
>Sentinel or Sentinel World on an IBM PC.  Has this game been ported to
>Amiga?  It is an excellent, involved space adventure game with fairly
>well done graphics.  (Nothing astounding, but it was a good game.)

  Sure! Sentinel does exist on Amiga, and the use of the mouse and the
graphics add a lot to this already mysterious and addictive game. I had been
playing it a lot on my old Apple ][ and had even more pleasure to face it
again on the Amy. Hours of play guaranteed!

  I can't remember who it was distributed by, though...

| Cedric BEUST                                     University of Nice    |
| INET: beust@mimosa.unice.fr                      $whoami               |
| UUCP: llaor.unice.fr!arkonis!beust               god (personal alias)  |
|                   -- "To be, or not to be...",                         |
|                      That is illogical, captain!                       |
|                                     -- Spock                           |

am66@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Alexander Maldutis) (04/03/91)

There's been some talk about Sentinel, and I believe the game being referred
to is not Sentinel by Firebird (pretty ancient), but Sentinel Worlds by
Electronic Arts, written by Karl Buiter.  As far as I know, there is no
port to the Amiga.  I remember in the instructions, at the end, Karl was
lauding the IBM EGA standard for graphics, and the work of his colleagues
to make them excellent in the game (no wonder no Amiga port :-))  I didn't
find the game to be anything particularly special, although the new game by
him, Hard Nova, promises to be good and unavailable for the Amy.

Hope this helps.

		HA HA!  YOU THINK THIS IS THE REAL .SIGNATURE?
				IT IS!
Total Computing!**********************************am66@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu*