[comp.sys.amiga.games] HELP! - Infocom's Bureaucracy

u8705377@cs.uow.edu.au (Paul Anthony Wilkinson) (04/04/91)

Hi All.

I am stuck in Infocoms Bureaucracy adventure.

I have been to all the houses and I think I have all the mail. The only mail I  don't have is the mail addressed to me which, presumably, contains the cheque
that I need to get to the airport.
I suspect that the secret lies with the guy who lives in the big mansion at the end of the street.  He comes on his intercom and says "Unfortunately there is a radio connected to my brain".  Everything I try to say to him seems to evoke theresponse "you can do better than that".  Is the secret something to do with the other guy who turns up at the robbed house?

Someone take pity on this poor stuck adventurer. I have had this game for 2     years now and I got stuck after about the fourth day!.  I have completed other  Infocom games and I have a sneaky suspicion that the answer is going to be so   obvious that I will feel like a complete idiot!

     Thanks in Advance,
        Paul Wilkinson

        u8705377@wraith.cs.uow.edu.au

mlb17270@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Matthew Lee Brown) (04/05/91)

u8705377@cs.uow.edu.au (Paul Anthony Wilkinson) writes:

>Hi All.

>I am stuck in Infocoms Bureaucracy adventure.

>I have been to all the houses and I think I have all the mail. The only mail I  don't have is the mail addressed to me which, presumably, contains the cheque
>that I need to get to the airport.
>I suspect that the secret lies with the guy who lives in the big mansion at the end of the street.  He comes on his intercom and says "Unfortunately there is a radio connected to my brain".  Everything I try to say to him seems to evoke theresponse "you can do better than that".  Is the secret something to do with the other guy who turns up at the robbed house?

>Someone take pity on this poor stuck adventurer. I have had this game for 2     years now and I got stuck after about the fourth day!.  I have completed other  Infocom games and I have a sneaky suspicion that the answer is going to be so   obvious that I will feel like a complete idiot!

>     Thanks in Advance,
>        Paul Wilkinson

>        u8705377@wraith.cs.uow.edu.au

Okay, here goes... (spoiler follows)

	The Woody Allen Rambo guy (who is looking for the paranoids house),
accidentally comes to the robbed house first.  When he shows up, say the
same thing to him that the paranoid guy says to YOU back at the fortified
house.  Woody will then give you the "pass-phrase" unwittingly.

		Hope this helps,
		Matt
		mlb17270@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu

P.S: Your mailis ALWAYS at the LAST house you check.  If you had saved the
stamp collector for last, you mail would be there for examp (neat huh?).
I haven't finished the game (used to play it on my C128), but I have gotten
a wee bit farther.