[comp.sys.amiga.games] Drakkhen

a309@mindlink.UUCP (George Lin) (06/13/90)

I have 8 Gems, but can't get into the INCA pyramid.  Can anyone tell me why?

also.....

-------------------------
> amiga@diku.dk writes:
> By the way, I've found a bug!!! Don't drop, sell or give
> away sceptres or rings which increase abilities if they
> are not applied, you loose one point if you do!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, I think the reason you lost points is because of the following:

Certain rooms in the castle are void of magic.  If you enter one of these
rooms, none of your spells will work.  Casting a spell which uses (let's just
say) wisdom, will reduce your wisdom by 1 point, until you reach some minimum
(starting-2??).  Also if you wear a ring (or sceptre) through these rooms, when
you walk out, the rings will have a negative effect on the power that inhances.
(ie strength ring gives you strength+2, so if your original strength level was
16, you would have 18 with the ring, but after you pass through the non-magic
room, your strength will only be 16 with the ring on.)
[not absolutely sure though, try it for yourself.]
----------------------
George Lin
a309@mindlink
uunet!van-bc!rsoft!mindlink!George_Lin

amiga@diku.dk (Flemming Andreassen) (06/13/90)

   I got a grand problem with Drakkhen, which by the way
is one of the most smashing roleplaying games ever made,
after my opinion. I've found the eight (won't tell which)
But can't find hall of the blind OR the priest...
Please help!!!!!!!!!!
By the way, I've found a bug!!! Don't drop, sell or give
away sceptres or rings which increase abilities if they
are not applied, you loose one point if you do!!!!!!!!!!

					Klavs Pedersen

axjjb@acad3.fai.alaska.edu (BRYANT JOHN J) (06/29/90)

How do I keep a stat that is added to by a magic item. Do I lose it once
I decide to hold that item..is there a way of keeping it permanently..
also. the manual doesn't say much about magic items...

Anyone try hero's quest??

david@starsoft.UUCP (Dave Lowrey) (06/29/90)

I recently picked up a copy od DRAKKHEN.

I am having a hell of a time getting started with it!

What am I supposed to do? Where do I go?

I have gone to the tavern, and gotten the hints.

I have gone in the first castle, and wander around till my guys got
killed (I did get past the shark and the "force fields").

Now what?

What the heck are those "grave markers" that are everywhere? Every time
I touch one, something bad jumps out of it!

I don't want any major hints, just a little "nudge" to get me going
in the right direction.

Oh, one more thing....Is there any sound in the game???? The credits
list "music and FX", but I have yet to hear anything!

Thanks!!!!
These words be mine. The company doesn't care, because I am the company! :-)

      Dave Lowrey	 |  In Texas: {uhnix1,moray}!starsoft!david
Starbound Software Group | The World: dwl10@uts.amdahl.com (amdahl!dwl10)
      Houston, TX	 |

matt@sapphire.jpl.nasa.gov (matt of ASTD) (07/01/90)

Help! Help!  My party is mucho studly.  We are ready (we think)
to take on Prince Hazhulkhen of Fire because he is just so ugly.
We've 7 gems.  We be way bitching dude!  However, there is one
slight problem.  How do we enter his castle?  We think we found
it (a gold Egytian looking place?) but no one will open the door
for us humble dudes.  How is this simple task performed?

Matthew Presley (UCLA CS Grad. Student) & (JPL CS dude)
Internet (presley@cs.ucla.edu) or (matt@sapphire.jpl.nasa.gov)
"Twisted yellow puppies play broken flutes loudly..."

mapjilg@gdr.bath.ac.uk (J I L Gold) (07/03/90)

Newsgroups: rec.games.misc
Subject: Drakkhen Spoiler?
Could any nice, kind, affectionate, warm, fluffy and moist person tell
me *HOW TO GET INTO THE FIRE CASTLE*!!!!!!!! (before I go insane).
Email, preferably...

Thanks, (hahahahahahahahahahahaha - too late!).
--
#  J.Gold                            |    mapjilg@uk.ac.bath.gdr               #
#  University of Bath , UK           |    jilg@uk.ac.bath.maths                #

matt@sapphire.jpl.nasa.gov (matt of ASTD) (07/04/90)

Aaaaarrrrgh!!
I've got 8 gems.  I'm bitching.  The evil princes and princesses are
alligator meat.  Let's talk 115 protection.  Let's talk killing
dragons with glee.

What do I do now?????????????????????????????????

Matthew Presley (UCLA CS Grad. Student) & (JPL CS dude)
Internet (presley@cs.ucla.edu) or (matt@sapphire.jpl.nasa.gov)
"Twisted yellow puppies play broken flutes loudly..."

mapjilg@gdr.bath.ac.uk (J I L Gold) (07/05/90)

Hello, Amiga Uers.
AAAAAAAAAaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not very sure what's happening here. There I am, with 7 gems, ready
to get into the Fire castle. In I go...there are 4 symbols. I push
one...CRASH...Guru.

Reboot, reload, into castle, push another symbol...CRASH!...Guru

Reboot, reload, into castle, push yet another symbol...CRASH!...Guru

Reboot, reload, into castle, push last symbol...the magic field fades!
Into next room...CRASH!...Guru.

Possible diagnoses:
(a) The game save disk is a nibble-copied (with X-Copy) version of
    my original save disk. I did this when I had a nasty choice of
    directions that I wasn't sure about a *long* time back.
(b) Hardware causing trouble? I disconnected my A590 to no avail.
    I also have a second floppy drive and the A501 expansion on
    my A500. I also have the 1meg Agnus.

I tried loading the game and saving my position onto the old save disk.
That has now trashed the original. I fear now that I may have to do it
all over again...HHHHEEEELLLLPPPP! :-(
--
#  J.Gold                            |    mapjilg@uk.ac.bath.gdr               #
#  University of Bath , UK           |    jilg@uk.ac.bath.maths                #
#  "Take fate by the throat...shake your fist, shake your fist"-Mary My Hope   #

rxtgep@minyos.xx.rmit.oz (Glen Pill) (07/09/90)

Has anyone playing the game 'Drakkhen' found the weapons shop ???

if so, then please, please, (insert much grovelling like behavior here )
tell me where it is.

 Thanks.

johnson@tolerant.com (johnson sieu) (07/09/90)

  I also  can't find the weapons shop.  Can someone tell us where it is?

Johnson

briang@sdd.hp.com (Brian Gragg) (07/10/90)

In article <4945@minyos.xx.rmit.oz> rxtgep@minyos.xx.rmit.oz (Glen Pill) writes:
>Has anyone playing the game 'Drakkhen' found the weapons shop ???
>
>if so, then please, please, (insert much grovelling like behavior here )
>tell me where it is.
>
> Thanks.

The weapons shop is in the ICE sector (far north) I believe.  If you take
the road north into the ice sector (the road farthest east I think), the
weapons shop should be just to the east at the first or second
intersection.

I didn't find it all that helpfull.  There wasn't anything there you can't
get in the first castle.  I found it much more dangerous to travel through
the swamp and ice sectors than the first castle.

Good Luck

  Brian Gragg    briang@sdd.hp.com   hp-sdd!briang  uunet!ucsd!hp-sdd!briang

miracle@sctc.com (Barry Miracle) (10/09/90)

I read somewhere that there was a cheat for Drakkhen character
generation that went something like when the character generation
screen comes up type "31415927" then for the character's name type
"supervisor" and the character will be given extra high attributes.  I
tried this and must have it mixed up a little.  Could someone
straighten me out?

Barry Miracle
miracle@sctc.com

johnhlee@hermod.cs.cornell.edu (John H. Lee) (10/09/90)

In article <1990Oct8.174916.4513@sctc.com> miracle@sctc.com (Barry Miracle) writes:
>I read somewhere that there was a cheat for Drakkhen character
>generation that went something like when the character generation
>screen comes up type "31415927" then for the character's name type
>"supervisor" and the character will be given extra high attributes.  I
>tried this and must have it mixed up a little.  Could someone
>straighten me out?
>
>Barry Miracle
>miracle@sctc.com

Hmmmm.  I don't know the cheat, but I suspect that a review of a tape of
Star Trek (Classic Trek, not NeXT Trek) might help.  Specifically, the
episode "Assignment: Earth".

"Where's 159?"  "(pause) With 158?"
	John Lee		Internet: johnhlee@cs.cornell.edu
The above opinions of those of the user, and not of this machine.

steves@pnet01.cts.com (Stephen Scheck) (10/10/90)

miracle@sctc.com (Barry Miracle) writes:
>I read somewhere that there was a cheat for Drakkhen character
>generation that went something like when the character generation
>screen comes up type "31415927" then for the character's name type
>"supervisor" and the character will be given extra high attributes.  I
>tried this and must have it mixed up a little.  Could someone
>straighten me out?
>
>Barry Miracle
>miracle@sctc.com

        You must enter "31415927" for the charcter's name, then "supervisor"
for the name again. Then you will have higher stats, and you can enter the
name you want for the character.
             Steve

UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!pnet01!steves
ARPA: crash!pnet01!steves@nosc.mil
INET: steves@pnet01.cts.com

grmg6820@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Geoffrey R Mason) (11/19/90)

I just recently got the game Drakkhen after having read nice things about it
in Amiga magazines...  I played it for a acouple of hours, most of this time
was restarting after being beaten senseless by some random monster.  What
I am asking the net is: "What the hell am I supposed to do?"

Am I supposed to wander around killing things?  Is it hard drive installable?
Is there any way to run away from creatures?  Can anyone give me some hints
for the beginner?

Jeff Mason

farren@well.sf.ca.us (Mike Farren) (11/19/90)

grmg6820@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Geoffrey R Mason) writes:
>What I am asking the net is: "What the hell am I supposed to do?"

Why, win the game, of course :-)

>Am I supposed to wander around killing things?  Is it hard drive installable?
>Is there any way to run away from creatures?  Can anyone give me some hints
>for the beginner?

The first thing to do is to equip your characters.  After that, go into the
castle that's right in front of you when you start the game (beware of the
shark!  You CAN get by him, if you time it right).  Once in there, check
things out, and fight things - you'll figure out which ones you can beat
pretty quickly, although it might cost you a couple more restarts on the
way.  When you've done well, go outside and SAVE THE GAME, so you don't
lose the progress you've made.  Then go back in, and do it again.  Take
advantage of the better armor and weapons you can get inside the castle.

After a while, your characters will have gotten to level three or four or
so, and you'll be ready to go on to the outside world.  Remember two things:
first, the supplies in the castles are "restocked" every time you go out
and back in again, and second, there are clues everywhere.  Look at everything
you can look at, read everything you can read.  There IS a goal to the game -
it's to get the eight gems from the Dragon Princes.  But it'll take you a
while to find out how to do that.  SAVE the sucker, and keep on plugging.
--
Mike Farren 				     farren@well.sf.ca.us

jdmst11@unix.cis.pitt.edu (John D Morris) (11/27/90)

	Could someone please (repeat PLEASE) answer a couple of questions...

1. I have Drakkhen, I talk to the big guy in the first castle, he tells me
	to check on his Sis.  I do. I get sent to the second castle, and
	teleport through the water thing. NOW WHAT?????????????????

2. I get frustrated with that castle, so I enter the one in the desert
	, and find this Drak female with a spear in her belly.  SO WHAT?

3. A stable with a couple of unicons, WHAT DO I DO?
			advanced thankomatics,
			The Hawk

P.S. this editor rots, and I CANT get rid of the following comma ,

quimbyjs@sage.cc.purdue.edu (Jeff Quimby) (01/24/91)

  I looking for people who have played Drakkhen because I need some help.  My
characters have hit the point to where nothing is a threat to them but I still
would like to finish the game.  So any who has played the game could you write
me.

-Jeff

quimbyjs@sage.cc.purdue.edu

CRH104@psuvm.psu.edu (02/14/91)

I'm stuck. Does anyone know how to get into the pyramid?  Also, why do my
   characters attributes keep going down?  Thanks.

JCRUEDIG@MTUS5.BITNET (02/14/91)

     Your attributes might be going down because of a bug in the game.  If
you drop an item that increases an attribute (ex. ring of strength) and it
is not equiped, you will lose the attribute points that the item would give
you if it was equiped.  The way to avoid this is to always make sure that
an attribute increasing item is always equiped before you drop it or trade
it.  This way, the attribute points that the item gives you will be removed
instead of your characters' points.
                               - Joshua
                                 jcruedig@mtus5.cts.mtu.edu

robinson@delux2.cs.umass.edu (Richard Robinson) (02/14/91)

You can get into the pyramid as the sun is setting (in the west) from the
south.
As for your stats, when you get a ring/sceptre that raises your abilities,
dropping it causes your abilities to go down. I don't know why or if there
is a way around it though. Sounds like a bug...

-Dread
--
robinson@elux1.cs.umass.edu

witzany@sparc1.isgs.uiuc.edu (David Witzany) (02/15/91)

     A fellow in Puerto Rico told me about this bug, too.  The way to not have
your stats drop when you get rig of rings etc. is to be using them (and getting
the point benefit from them) when you dump/sell them.  That way, the only pointsthat you lose are the ones you got from the item in the first place.

--

     Dave Witzany (witzany@sparc1.isgs.uiuc.edu)

aleneis@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Tony Leneis) (04/05/91)

Hello,

	I've been playing Drakkhen for the past week or two and have a few
questions.  First off, what is that circle of flashing dots to the left of
the "pit" in the character sheet?  I can find no explaination at all in the
manual.

	Second, what happens to your character when he's carried off by that
big black bird in the ice region?  I noticed the bird always grabs my
magician, but nothing appears to happen to her after she's dropped to the
ground (other than a minor amount of damage.)

	Third, is there any way to scroll back in the dialog window?  It
really sucks when you get an important message in the middle of combat and
it zips right off the screen.  (For example, when you exit the "water room".)

	Fourth, has anyone been successful doing individual attacks?  Where
exactly on the monster am I supposed to right-click?

	Fifth, how do you aim the lightning bolt spell?  (Also, when you
hit, has anyone gotten more than 5-10 points of damage?)

	Finally, I have a few spoiler requests (e-mail the answers to these):
(a) What are the benefits of the following abilities:
	power, recuperation, impalpability, protection, understanding
	(yes, I know what they should do, but any idea of how they work
	 in the game itself?)
(b) Are rings any better than scepters?
(c) How do I survive the force field protecting the suit of armor after the
    "water room"?
(d) What does that switch right after the "water room" do when I pull it?
    (It's the thing that tells you to watch out for stars after you click
    on the action icon.)
(e) Is there any way to get more heal potions besides the earth prince's
    castle?

Tony Leneis
aleneis@jarthur.claremont.edu
aleneis@hmcvax.claremont.edu