[comp.sys.amiga.games] The Name of the Game

duplain@rtf.bt.co.uk (Andy Duplain) (03/25/91)

Hi Amiga Gamers,

	I suddenly had the urge to play a game that I haven't seen for about
	three years, unfortunelty I can't remember what it's called!
	If I explain it to you, perhaps someone can fill the holes in my mind

	The game is a flight combat simulator using wire-framed 3D graphics.
	One side of the screen shows the view from inside your plane and the
	other side shows the view from the enemies plane (which can be human
	or computer).  There are various choices of plane to fly, F-18, MiG,
	and Paper Plane (which was the best of the lot!).  The graphics
	where very basic and it used a simple grid on the ground to allow
	you to judge height.
	The game was brilliant to play !

	Can anyone tell the name of this game and/or where I can get it from
	(seeing as it's so old)... perhaps there are some second-hand copies
	sitting around doing nothing, that I could buy off someone ?

	Please E-Mail me with any help... Thanks in advance.
--
=== Andy Duplain ==============================================================
British Telecommunications PLC, Customer Systems, Brighton, United Kingdom.

2fmlempire@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (03/26/91)

In article <1991Mar25.095810.13768@rtf.bt.co.uk>, duplain@rtf.bt.co.uk (Andy Duplain) writes:
> Hi Amiga Gamers,
>
> 	I suddenly had the urge to play a game that I haven't seen for about
> 	three years, unfortunelty I can't remember what it's called!
> 	If I explain it to you, perhaps someone can fill the holes in my mind
>
> 	The game is a flight combat simulator using wire-framed 3D graphics.
> 	One side of the screen shows the view from inside your plane and the
> 	other side shows the view from the enemies plane (which can be human
> 	or computer).  There are various choices of plane to fly, F-18, MiG,
> 	and Paper Plane (which was the best of the lot!).  The graphics
> 	where very basic and it used a simple grid on the ground to allow
> 	you to judge height.
> 	The game was brilliant to play !
>
> 	Can anyone tell the name of this game and/or where I can get it from
> 	(seeing as it's so old)... perhaps there are some second-hand copies
> 	sitting around doing nothing, that I could buy off someone ?

This sounds like Sky Chase, don't remember who makes it though.

David Poland
2fmlempire@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu

dave@unislc.uucp (Dave Martin) (04/03/91)

From article <1991Mar25.095810.13768@rtf.bt.co.uk>, by duplain@rtf.bt.co.uk (Andy Duplain):
> 	The game is a flight combat simulator using wire-framed 3D graphics.
> 	One side of the screen shows the view from inside your plane and the
> 	other side shows the view from the enemies plane (which can be human
> 	or computer).  There are various choices of plane to fly, F-18, MiG,
> 	and Paper Plane (which was the best of the lot!).  The graphics
> 	where very basic and it used a simple grid on the ground to allow
> 	you to judge height.
> 	The game was brilliant to play !

I can't think of the name of it at the moment but its from Maxis Software
(the SimCity people).  They included an offer for it with my copy of
simcity.  It doesn't run on 3000 (at least under 2.0) though.  Too Bad.

--
VAX Headroom	Speaking for myself only... blah blah blahblah blah...
Internet: DMARTIN@CC.WEBER.EDU                 dave@saltlcy-unisys.army.mil

chrisg@cbmvax.commodore.com (Chris Green) (04/04/91)

In article <1991Apr2.234702.15909@unislc.uucp> dave@unislc.uucp (Dave Martin) writes:
>From article <1991Mar25.095810.13768@rtf.bt.co.uk>, by duplain@rtf.bt.co.uk (Andy Duplain):
>> 	The game is a flight combat simulator using wire-framed 3D graphics.
>
>I can't think of the name of it at the moment but its from Maxis Software

	It's called SkyChase.

fhwri%CONNCOLL.BITNET@yalevm.ycc.yale.edu (04/05/91)

The name of that game is SKY CHASE from MAXIS...
                                                --Rick Wrigley