[comp.sys.amiga.games] Sooo many questions

visconti@cis.ohio-state.edu (04/08/91)

   I have several questions on Bane of the Cosmic Force.  I swear I've looked and
relooked everywhere I have found. (I have mapped out all areas that I've wandered in)

Here's where I am ...  In the castle (do you leave it ?).  I have used the Key of
Ramm to get the treasure chest and into the area with the Altar.  I used the gold
key to clean out (I think) the snake w/pits area.  I have the Deadman's Log, the
Book of Ramm, the Dagger of Ramm, Iron, Chrome, Copper keys (useless so far), the
wine bottle, the goat's mask, the rotten cheese, one key of spade (I used the other),
the mystery potion (from QueeQueg) and a bunch of other things.

   Here's my lengthy list of questions ...

   I need to find the buried treasure to get the password to the captain's den.  To
find the treasure (I think) I need to find Snoopcheri and give her to L'Montes.  Okay,
I give up, where is Snoopcheri ?  (Any info appreciated)

   What do the Iron, Copper, Chrome keys do ?  They seem rather useless.

   Where is the Skull Key ?  (Does L'Montes have it ?  Can I just kill him ?  Should I
use MindRead ?)

   How do I know which buttons to press on the Altar ?  Should I just press away until
something happens ?  And if so, does it happen in the room above the altar ?

   Is there any way to open the 8 gates in the Jailer's Key area ?

   Which key opens the gate near the Skull door ?  Which key opens the door at the top
of the Belfry (can I knock-knock it ?) ?

   What am I missing ?

   Who's on first ?
Any help appreciated ... hints, blatent answers, suggestions.

Mark Visconti
---------------------------
visconti@cis.ohio-state.edu

jimmy@uhunix1.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu (Jimmy Chan) (04/08/91)

In article <104551@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu> visconti@cis.ohio-state.edu writes:
>Here's where I am ...  In the castle (do you leave it ?).  I have used the
>Key of Ramm to get the treasure chest and into the area with the Altar.  I
>used the gold key to clean out (I think) the snake w/pits area.  I have the
>Deadman's Log, the Book of Ramm, the Dagger of Ramm, Iron, Chrome, Copper
>keys (useless so far), the wine bottle, the goat's mask, the rotten cheese,
>one key of spade (I used the other), the mystery potion (from QueeQueg) and
>a bunch of other things.
>   Here's my lengthy list of questions ...
>   I need to find the buried treasure to get the password to the captain's
>den.  To find the treasure (I think) I need to find Snoopcheri and give her
>to L'Montes.  Okay, I give up, where is Snoopcheri ?  (Any info appreciated)

If you found a hole in the wall on the level below the level you began
the game, try using the cheese (if you have the cheese that is).

>   What do the Iron, Copper, Chrome keys do ?  They seem rather useless.

Iron opens doors on the Entry level, the copper some doors on the level below
the Entry level and the Chrome opens doors on the level above where you
started.  You did try using the keys with doors right?..
Only the Chrome is important the other two can be actually dropped.

>   Where is the Skull Key ?  (Does L'Montes have it ?  Can I just kill him ?
>  Should I
>use MindRead ?)

Skull key? no such key in the castle.  Killing NPCs will hamper you game
later on.  Where do you plan on getting equipment for your characters???

>   How do I know which buttons to press on the Altar ?

Have you tried reading the book of ramm?

> Should I just press away until something happens ?  And if so, does it happen> in the room above the altar ?

Hmmm..let's see by random chance you will have a permutation of 4*4*4*4*4
or 4 to the fifth power equals 1024 possible permutations that you will
have to try...well if you have the time to spend go ahead.

And no to the 2nd question.

>   Is there any way to open the 8 gates in the Jailer's Key area ?

No.

>   Which key opens the gate near the Skull door ?

Gold key.

> Which key opens the door at the top of the Belfry

Bell Key.

>(can I knock-knock it ?) ?

No.  But you must have tried this...