[comp.sys.amiga.games] Installing Shanghai/Battle Chess on HD

2fmlempire@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (04/08/91)

In article <1991Apr8.192659.18334@swbatl.sbc.com>, taylor@swbatl.sbc.com (George Taylor - Southwestern Bell - Dallas, Tx.) writes:

> I know this probably has been requested before but could someone
> email me the instructions on how to install legitimately owned
> copies of Shanghai and Battle Chess on my HD.

Well, you stick in the Battle Chess disk, click its Icon, then click on
the HDInstall icon...

> Thanks
>
> George Taylor

David Poland
2fmlempire@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu

taylor@swbatl.sbc.com (George Taylor - Southwestern Bell - Dallas, Tx.) (04/09/91)

--
George Taylor - SWBT - Regional Marketing
208 S. Akard, Room 0551, Dallas, Texas   75202

brianr@tekig5.PEN.TEK.COM (Brian E Rhodefer) (04/09/91)

In article <1991Apr8.151546.29532@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu> 2fmlempire@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu writes:
>> could someone
>> email me the instructions on how to install legitimately owned
>> copies of Shanghai and Battle Chess on my HD.
>>

>Well, you stick in the Battle Chess disk, click its Icon, then click on
>the HDInstall icon...

If you have space in DH0:, that is.  I helped a friend install BattleChess
on her 2500, and the fact that her copy of the HDInstall program was hard-coded
to create the HD file in DH0: was a tad objectionable, since her vanilla
HD0: partition was only big enough to do the transfer to the FFS-formatted
DH1: partition, BattleChess wouldn't FIT on it.

What we had to do, if I recall aright, was to edit the HDInstall
program, string-replacing some other 3-character volume name ("BC0:",
for example), for all "DH0:" occurrences.  We created a drawer somewhere
for BattleChess to load into, and ASSIGNed our new volume name there.
The HDInstall program then worked properly.

Brian Rhodefer