[comp.sys.amiga.games] Amiga games???

sphaak@vela.acs.oakland.edu (sphaak) (04/04/91)

I have the original FALCON, plus Operation:Counterstrike (which is great). I
BOUGHT them both.  Now something called Falcon 1.2 is out for the AMIGA???
I havn't heard anything fom Spectrum Holobyte about this.  What is it and why
should I buy it?

I was also wondering about the availability of a few games.
Is Mechwarrior EVER coming out, or was it vaporware?
what about Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe?
SimEarth?
Battletech: the Crescent Hawk's Revenge?
Megatraveller: the Zhodani Conspiracy?
                   !
                  !!
                 !!!
                !!!!
               !!!!!
              !!!!!!
             !!!!!!!
 M.U.L.E    !!!!!!!!  goddamit!
             !!!!!!!
              !!!!!!
               !!!!!
                !!!!
                 !!!
                  !!
                   !

If these games were out for the Ami I would BUY everyone of them.  Are there
plans to release any of them??

Ross Starkey

rogue@cellar.UUCP (Rogue Winter) (04/04/91)

sphaak@vela.acs.oakland.edu (sphaak) writes:

> I was also wondering about the availability of a few games.
> Is Mechwarrior EVER coming out, or was it vaporware?
> what about Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe?
> SimEarth?
> Battletech: the Crescent Hawk's Revenge?
> Megatraveller: the Zhodani Conspiracy?
>  M.U.L.E    !!!!!!!!  goddamit!

SimEarth should still be in production.  I'd expect it to be out on the Amiga
market around July (no inside sources, just an educated guess based on
SimCity's timing).

As for M.U.L.E., I'd love to see it on the Amiga,but my impression is that
it's NEVER been released for any 16-bit machine.  My roommate once dragged
out his old Atari 800 (no flames - Miner & Mical created it) and we played
M.U.L.E. for about four days without touching any of the 16-bitters in the
place.  Brought back a piece of my childhood, that did.

huebner@en.ecn.purdue.edu (Robert E. Huebner) (04/05/91)

In article <5620@vela.acs.oakland.edu> sphaak@vela.acs.oakland.edu (sphaak) writes:

>I was also wondering about the availability of a few games.
>Is Mechwarrior EVER coming out, or was it vaporware?
>what about Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe?
>SimEarth?

  I keep hearing that this is definitely planned.  I hope they follow
  through.  I've been told that the Mac version will run under AMAX if
  you're real anxious.

>Battletech: the Crescent Hawk's Revenge?

  I could have sworn I saw this game at the local dealer with an Amiga
  sticker.  I could be wrong.  I was no unimpressed by the MS-DOS release
  I do not expect much.

>Megatraveller: the Zhodani Conspiracy?

  This was advertised in the May issue of AmigaFormat.  Looks great, too!
  No specific date was mentioned, but I assume that means its a firm plan.

> M.U.L.E    !!!!!!!!  goddamit!

  I agree.  I've found Full Metal Planete makes a suitable surrogate,
  though.  (Draconian, 1988).

>If these games were out for the Ami I would BUY everyone of them.  Are there
>plans to release any of them??

Get out your checkbook.

With the exception of the Luftwaffe game (which I have never heard of) I
think you'll see the other titles eventually.  Mechwarrior will obviously
be an Amiga release if it emerges at all.  (Fingers crossed)

One more point- If you have seen the new CDTV in stores, look at the
catalog of available titles.  Maxis advertises a CDTV version of
SimCity.  The screenshot looks significantly different than the standard
Amiga version.  Perhaps the greater storage has been utilised in some way?

--
| Robert E. Huebner                   | "Death is nature's way of telling  |
| huebner@en.ecn.purdue.edu           |  you to slow down"                 |

fhwri%CONNCOLL.BITNET@yalevm.ycc.yale.edu (04/05/91)

>                    !
>                   !!
>                  !!!
>                 !!!!
>                !!!!!
>               !!!!!!
>              !!!!!!!
>  M.U.L.E    !!!!!!!!  goddamit!
>              !!!!!!!
>               !!!!!!
>                !!!!!
>                 !!!!
>                  !!!
>                   !!
>                    !

--Ross Starkey

Be assured that SOME of us are trying to figure out a way to port the C64
version of M.U.L.E. to the Amiga, if we can disassemble the original disk,
etc.

Have you noticed that it's available as a Nintendo cart? Gak--makes me
consider buying one of those infernal machines...
                                                --Rick Wrigley
                                                fhwri@conncoll.bitnet
                                ~~~---second-hand smoke is THEFT---~~~

brad@nro.cs.athabascau.ca (Brad Grier) (04/07/91)

sphaak@vela.acs.oakland.edu (sphaak) writes:

> I have the original FALCON, plus Operation:Counterstrike (which is great). I
> BOUGHT them both.  Now something called Falcon 1.2 is out for the AMIGA???
> I havn't heard anything fom Spectrum Holobyte about this.  What is it and why
> should I buy it?

----Falcon 1.2 is simply a bugfix for the Gravis MouseStick. If you don't
----have the MouseStick, you don't need Falcon 1.2.
----Operation:Firefight is the latest Falcon Mission disk, well worth
----having, much more aircombat, including MiG 29's and Hind Attack
----Choppers.
/e
/exit
/EXIT

> I was also wondering about the availability of a few games.
> Is Mechwarrior EVER coming out, or was it vaporware?
> what about Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe?
> SimEarth?
> Battletech: the Crescent Hawk's Revenge?
> Megatraveller: the Zhodani Conspiracy?
>                    !
>                   !!
>                  !!!
>                 !!!!
>                !!!!!
>               !!!!!!
>              !!!!!!!
>  M.U.L.E    !!!!!!!!  goddamit!
>              !!!!!!!
>               !!!!!!
>                !!!!!
>                 !!!!
>                  !!!
>                   !!
>                    !
>
> If these games were out for the Ami I would BUY everyone of them.  Are there
> plans to release any of them??
>

> Ross Starkey

Brad Grier             ersys!brad@nro.cs.athabascau.ca
Edmonton Remote Systems:  Serving Northern Alberta since 1982

farren@well.sf.ca.us (Mike Farren) (04/07/91)

rogue@cellar.UUCP (Rogue Winter) writes:

>As for M.U.L.E., I'd love to see it on the Amiga,but my impression is that
>it's NEVER been released for any 16-bit machine.

Six months ago, EA did have a "SuperMULE" project.  Don't know what ever
happened to it - it certainly hasn't shown up yet.

>old Atari 800 (no flames - Miner & Mical created it)

Not Mical.  Jay Miner did the custom chips for the Ataris, but R.J. wasn't
involved.
--
Mike Farren 				     farren@well.sf.ca.us

jmauric@hubcap.clemson.edu (Phantom of Adexsi) (04/08/91)

From article <49887@nigel.ee.udel.edu>, by fhwri%CONNCOLL.BITNET@yalevm.ycc.yale.edu:
> Be assured that SOME of us are trying to figure out a way to port the C64
> version of M.U.L.E. to the Amiga, if we can disassemble the original disk,
> etc.
>
> Have you noticed that it's available as a Nintendo cart? Gak--makes me
> consider buying one of those infernal machines...
i have disassembled the original disk. i have the 6502 source but i dont
know 68K assembler. ugh.
!X!   Music   Edit    Tools    Special  !        999999999 Bytes Free
=====!       !=================================================================
     !#Opera#!______

farren@well.sf.ca.us (Mike Farren) (04/09/91)

fhwri%CONNCOLL.BITNET@yalevm.ycc.yale.edu writes:

>>  M.U.L.E    !!!!!!!!  goddamit!

Whoever you were who said that, I agree!

>Be assured that SOME of us are trying to figure out a way to port the C64
>version of M.U.L.E. to the Amiga, if we can disassemble the original disk,
>etc.

Be assured that if you do, you WILL be sued until you ooze by Electronic
Arts, who still own the rights to M.U.L.E.   What I want to know is the
fate of the supposed "SuperMULE" they were going to release "soon" (as
told to me by an EA person almost a year ago).
--
Mike Farren 				     farren@well.sf.ca.us