[comp.sys.amiga.games] GAMEBOY EMULATOR

maverjj@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (John Maver) (04/03/91)

	The gameboy emulator is on ab20 in /amiga as emulators.  I guess who-
ever uploaded it wrote over the old directory by mistake.  Anyway, although
there is no compression format evident, it is lharced.  The included game -
Tetris.z80 will not work, because it is assembly source code and needs to be
compiled.  I do not have an assembly compiler, so it would be wonderfull if a
compiled version was uploaded.  Also, any other games besides tetris would be
great.

				Thanks,
	 			John Maver

ironside@guitar-slim.cs.unlv.edu (Shawn Talbert) (04/04/91)

In article <9419@mentor.cc.purdue.edu>, maverjj@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (John Maver) writes:
) From: maverjj@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (John Maver)
) Subject: GAMEBOY EMULATOR
) Date: Wed, 3 Apr 91 07:51:27 PST
)
)
) 	The gameboy emulator is on ab20 in /amiga as emulators.  I guess who-
) ever uploaded it wrote over the old directory by mistake.  Anyway, although
) there is no compression format evident, it is lharced.  The included game -
) Tetris.z80 will not work, because it is assembly source code and needs to be
) compiled.  I do not have an assembly compiler, so it would be wonderfull if a
) compiled version was uploaded.  Also, any other games besides tetris would be
) great.
)
) 				Thanks,
) 	 			John Maver

	I am almost certain I have seen a CPM emulator for the amiga (PD). If you get your hands on that, there are many CPM Z80 assemblers available. Perhaps this way you could compile the program yourself and see it run. Too bad there is no author associated with the gameboy port.. It seems like a serious effort. I presume that the physical gameboy uses a Z80 processor? I found that suprising... If anyone knows more of this program, or availability of programs for it, POST!

:)

roger_earl@outbound.wimsey.bc.ca (Roger Earl) (04/09/91)

I don't have access to Usenet file sites and I'm sure there are a great number
of other people who don't either.  If this Gameboy emulator is legit and
legal, can someone compile and upload it to GEnie ??

* "The personal computer market is about the same size as the total potato *
* chip market.  Next year it will be about half the size of the pet food   *
* market and is fast approaching the total worldwide sales of pantyhose"   *
*  -James Finke, Pres., Commodore Int'l Ltd.(1982)-                        *
Roger Earl = Usenet: roger_earl@outbound.wimsey.bc.ca = GEnie: R.Earl4

gfm@mole.gnu.ai.mit.edu (George) (04/10/91)

In article <roger_earl.4033@outbound.wimsey.bc.ca> roger_earl@outbound.wimsey.bc.ca (Roger Earl) writes:
>I don't have access to Usenet file sites and I'm sure there are a great number
>of other people who don't either.  If this Gameboy emulator is legit and
>legal, can someone compile and upload it to GEnie ??

a) The GAMEBOY Eumlator is not legit, it does not truly emulate the Nintendo gameboy

and

b) It was never meant to be released by the people who wrote it

This information is from the Author, do some reading on comp.sys.amiga.emulations for more information