[comp.sys.amiga.games] Are many games scaled to the CPU speed of the 3000?

dean@coplex.uucp (Dean Brooks) (04/08/91)

   As a soon-to-be A3000 owner, I keep wondering about the major
software companies making their software scaled to fit the speed
of the CPU they are running on?

   I already own Falcon, for instance.  Will it just speed up
to the point where it is unplayable, or will it do the "right" thing
(i.e. keep the plane going the same speed as before, but just speed
up the graphics refresh rate).

   If they (the major software publishers) are doing things the
right way, can anyone give a list of games they know that do the
"right" thing?

					Thanks, Dean
--
dean@coplex.UUCP   Dean A. Brooks
                   Copper Electronics, Inc.

ccs007@monet.ucdavis.edu (Jonathan L Sims) (04/08/91)

  On a realted note, I was considering getting ICD's AdSpeed and was wondering
if this would
improve playability of some of my favorite games (Falcon, Harpoon,  F19,
etc.....).  Does the
accelerator really make that much of a difference.  For instance, I really love
Harpoon but the
interface on a stock A500 SUCKS and was wondering is more RAM or an  accelerator
would make
a difference.

Thanks,
Jon
ccs007@castor.ucdavis.edu

In article <1991Apr8.002313.976@coplex.uucp> dean@coplex.uucp (Dean Brooks) writes:
>   I already own Falcon, for instance.  Will it just speed up
>to the point where it is unplayable, or will it do the "right" thing
>(i.e. keep the plane going the same speed as before, but just speed
>up the graphics refresh rate).

	The good ones (Falcon, Indy 500) just up the frame rate.  Some just
run too fast.

{uunet|rutgers}!cbmvax!jesup, jesup@cbmvax.commodore.com  BIX: rjesup
Disclaimer: Nothing I say is anything other than my personal opinion.
Thus spake the Master Ninjei: "To program a million-line operating system
is easy, to change a man's temperament is more difficult."
(From "The Zen of Programming")  ;-)

nguyent@balboa.eng.uci.edu (Thien Nguyen) (04/08/91)

In article <1991Apr8.002313.976@coplex.uucp> dean@coplex.uucp (Dean Brooks) writes:

>   As a soon-to-be A3000 owner, I keep wondering about the major
>software companies making their software scaled to fit the speed
>of the CPU they are running on?
>
>   I already own Falcon, for instance.  Will it just speed up
>to the point where it is unplayable, or will it do the "right" thing
>(i.e. keep the plane going the same speed as before, but just speed
>up the graphics refresh rate).
>
>   If they (the major software publishers) are doing things the
>right way, can anyone give a list of games they know that do the
>"right" thing?
>
>					Thanks, Dean
>--

Most of the games on run pretty much at the same speed on my A3000.  I don't
know if Falcon will run.  The Interceptor runs pretty fast.

tfarmer@cavebbs.gen.nz (Thomas Farmer) (04/10/91)

In article <20443@cbmvax.commodore.com> jesup@cbmvax.commodore.com (Randell Jesup) writes:
>In article <1991Apr8.002313.976@coplex.uucp> dean@coplex.uucp (Dean Brooks) writes:
>>   I already own Falcon, for instance.  Will it just speed up
>>to the point where it is unplayable, or will it do the "right" thing
>>(i.e. keep the plane going the same speed as before, but just speed
>>up the graphics refresh rate).
>
>	The good ones (Falcon, Indy 500) just up the frame rate.  Some just

Some games that run well are : Indy 500 (great game!), Stunt Car Racer
(even better game!) and A10.

All those work with faster frame rates and so on.

F18 Interceptor works too fast, but it's neat fun.

Hard Driving is truly ridiculously fast... :-)
--
  Mail to: sbeagle@kennels.actrix.gen.nz   Or phone +64-4-796-306
       I live in a sane society, I don't need a disclaimer!!