[comp.sys.amiga.games] Help I'm brain damaged

daq@hpfcso.FC.HP.COM (Doug Quarnstrom) (04/08/91)

Hi,

I was trying to donwload games from ab20 yesterday, but I need
a copy of zoo.  The zoo archiver on ab20 has a .pak suffix.
What is .pak format?  Someone please help, because I am finding
this quite annoying.  I need to get zoo so that I can get lharc
so that I can get zoom so that I can get the lemmings demo.
Jesus, it's enough to make one save some time and just go buy
the game, but I would like to get mechforce too.

Thanks in advance,

doug

gfm@mole.gnu.ai.mit.edu (George) (04/10/91)

In article <14820007@hpfcso.FC.HP.COM> daq@hpfcso.FC.HP.COM (Doug Quarnstrom) writes:
>Hi,

>What is .pak format?  [LOTS DELETED]

>Thanks in advance,
>
>doug

.pak is a self-dissolving format, just call the filename from CLI/Shell as if it were a command and it will unpack itself

----
  gfm@gnu.ai.mit.edu

fhwri%CONNCOLL.BITNET@yalevm.ycc.yale.edu (04/10/91)

> Hi,
>
> I was trying to donwload games from ab20 yesterday, but I need
> a copy of zoo.  The zoo archiver on ab20 has a .pak suffix.
> What is .pak format?  Someone please help, because I am finding
> this quite annoying.  I need to get zoo so that I can get lharc
> so that I can get zoom so that I can get the lemmings demo.
> Jesus, it's enough to make one save some time and just go buy
> the game, but I would like to get mechforce too.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> doug

.PAK programs SHOULD be self-extracting. Just type the filename and it ought
to extract itself.

Note that I said "should" and "ought."

                                        --Rick Wrigley
                                        fhwri@conncoll.bitnet
                                ~~~---second-hand smoke is THEFT---~~~

andrew@teslab.lab.OZ (Andrew Phillips) (04/10/91)

In article <14820007@hpfcso.FC.HP.COM> daq@hpfcso.FC.HP.COM (Doug Quarnstrom) writes:
>...  The zoo archiver on ab20 has a .pak suffix. What is .pak format? ...

You have everything you need already!  You probably have a file
called something like zoo.pak.  Just make this file executable (using
PROTECT), if it is not already.  Then run it and it will create all
the files from the zoo package.  Files that end in .pak are
self-extracting archives.

I've cross-posted and redirected followups to comp.sys.amiga.misc
because this is probably of general interest.

Andrew.
--
Andrew Phillips (andrew@teslab.lab.oz.au) Phone +61 (Aust) 2 (Sydney) 289 8712

dtiberio@eeserv1.ic.sunysb.edu (David Tiberio) (04/10/91)

In article <14820007@hpfcso.FC.HP.COM> daq@hpfcso.FC.HP.COM (Doug Quarnstrom) writes:
>Hi,
>
>I was trying to donwload games from ab20 yesterday, but I need
>a copy of zoo.  The zoo archiver on ab20 has a .pak suffix.
>What is .pak format?  Someone please help, because I am finding
>this quite annoying.  I need to get zoo so that I can get lharc
>so that I can get zoom so that I can get the lemmings demo.
>Jesus, it's enough to make one save some time and just go buy
>the game, but I would like to get mechforce too.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>doug

  Download the zoo.pak file, and get it onto your amiga. Then run
the program as if it were not packed. It will automnatically unpack
itself and then you can list the directory and see what was in the zoo.pak
archive.

David

--
    David Tiberio  SUNY Stony Brook 2-3481  AMIGA  DDD-MEN  Tomas Arce
           Any students from SUNY Oswego? Please let me know! :)

                   Un ragazzo di Casalbordino, Italia.