[comp.sys.amiga.games] Arctic Fox vs A3000

uzun@pnet01.cts.com (Roger Uzun) (04/08/91)

[]
I know it is old, but I really miss it.  I have Arctic Fox for the
Amiga, I patched the disk a long time ago to block out all fastmem
and I know it works on accelerated A2000's, like from GVP or a
2500.  But none of the old EA games will boot up on my A3000.
Has anyone found a patch or fix for these games.  I would really
like to play Arctic Fox again.
I still have all the original packaging, disks and such, I don't
imagine the folks at EA would be any help, would they?

-Roger

UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!pnet01!uzun
ARPA: crash!pnet01!uzun@nosc.mil
INET: uzun@pnet01.cts.com

hamilton@intersil.uucp (04/09/91)

In article <8464@crash.cts.com>, uzun@pnet01.cts.com (Roger Uzun) writes:
> []
> I know it is old, but I really miss it.  I have Arctic Fox for the
> Amiga, I patched the disk a long time ago to block out all fastmem
> and I know it works on accelerated A2000's, like from GVP or a
> 2500.  But none of the old EA games will boot up on my A3000.
> Has anyone found a patch or fix for these games.  I would really
> like to play Arctic Fox again.
> I still have all the original packaging, disks and such, I don't
> imagine the folks at EA would be any help, would they?

After over 5 years, Artic Fox is still one of the best games I've ever
played.  Perhaps if all of us Artic Fox fans wrote EA asking for
Artic Fox II, or at least another Artic Fox update, they MIGHT listen.
I'll give it a try, although I have little hope.
--
Fred Hamilton                          "Unlike most of you,
Harris Semiconductor                    I am not a nut..."

cctr120@csc.canterbury.ac.nz (Brendon Wyber, C.S.C.) (04/11/91)

In article <255.2801b773@intersil.uucp>, hamilton@intersil.uucp writes:
> In article <8464@crash.cts.com>, uzun@pnet01.cts.com (Roger Uzun) writes:

[ Various stuff about how great ArticFox is deleted. ]

Where can I grap hold of the patch for it so that it doesn't crash with fast
mem?

Be seeing you,

Brendon Wyber                     Computer Services Centre,
b.wyber@csc.canterbury.ac.nz      University of Canterbury, New Zealand.

"Ph-nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."