[comp.sys.amiga.games] DM/CHAOS working cheat

justin@county.oz.au (Justin Beech) (04/03/91)

I grabbed off some US bbs a dungeon master save game that gives you four
artisan-level characters all with health 999, Stamina 999 and Mana 512,
sitting outside the door of the dungeon, ready for action! These heavy-
hitters could be used for chaos as well I spose.

Has this been posted before?
Should I post the uuencoded file here? (its 66K uuencoded)
I wont bother unless the response is good.

In case I get into copyright trouble from the international hackers organ
or whatever, the hack was done by:

--
Justin Beech - County Natwest Pty Ltd  (justin@synth.county.oz)
UUCP:     uunet!synth.county.oz.au!justin

am66@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Alexander Maldutis) (04/03/91)

Hello there.  Please post the characters.  Thankx.

		HA HA!  YOU THINK THIS IS THE REAL .SIGNATURE?
				IT IS!
Total Computing!**********************************am66@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu*

Stewart.Mckinnon@p0.f178.n221.z1.fidonet.org (Stewart Mckinnon) (04/07/91)

RE: DM/CHAOS HEAVY HITTERS - Really, where's the fun in this? The
whole POINT of this game is the fun of building up your characters,
and developing your skills....if you have 'ready-made' characters
with infallible attributes, the challenges are going to be too simple
and there will be less of a feeling of acheivement. Many people have
got through both DM and Chaos with SOME difficulty, but this was
obviously overcome. Where DM & CHAOS differ from other games, is that
you use your BRAIN and tactics and other skills to solve the puzzles,
fight the monsters and overcome the odds that way. Other games (mainly
mindless shoot-em-ups) make you rely on ONE thing only - how fast
you can pound the fire button - oh, and sheer LUCK!! Give me these
(DM & CHAOS) over anything - anytime.

--
Stewart Mckinnon - via FidoNet node 1:221/171
UUCP    : watmath!xenitec!zswamp!178.0!Stewart.Mckinnon

wulfgar@jwprod.UUCP (Wulfgar of the Tribe of the Elk) (04/11/91)

In article <7173.27FFF96A@zswamp.fidonet.org> Stewart.Mckinnon@p0.f178.n221.z1.fidonet.org (Stewart Mckinnon) writes:
>RE: DM/CHAOS HEAVY HITTERS - Really, where's the fun in this? The
>whole POINT of this game is the fun of building up your characters,
>and developing your skills....if you have 'ready-made' characters
>with infallible attributes, the challenges are going to be too simple
>and there will be less of a feeling of acheivement. Many people have
>got through both DM and Chaos with SOME difficulty, but this was
>obviously overcome. Where DM & CHAOS differ from other games, is that
>you use your BRAIN and tactics and other skills to solve the puzzles,
>fight the monsters and overcome the odds that way. Other games (mainly
>mindless shoot-em-ups) make you rely on ONE thing only - how fast
>you can pound the fire button - oh, and sheer LUCK!! Give me these
>(DM & CHAOS) over anything - anytime.
I have solved the game both ways, regular first, then I built the genetic
mutants from h*ll.  I agree that the heavy hitters package is lame...I
built my own mutants (Artisan everything? Hah! Try ARCHMASTER everything!)
The difference is, the mutants took less than a day to get all the way through!
(BTW I don't believe in maps.  I have since completed it twice in 6 hours or
less with NO MAPS!)
    I can see your viewpoint, about it spoiling the game, but look at it this
way....  As long as you do the hacking you need to yourself, it's really just
a different kind of game.  You might say that you work against the designer,
and I work against the programmer.
    Either way Dungeon Master was the ultimate game ever.  It will blow you
through the back wall of the room!  Only game that can make you jump backwards
and leave a wet spot on the floor when a scorpion appears.  Those who finished
DM are too jaded for CSB, but I had a friend over the other day, and I let him
play CSB with prison guys.  He got on a level with a dragon stomping around.
At one point he was shaking visibly and turning the party in circles, babbling
"I can hear it!  I can hear it but I don't see it!  Where is it??!?!  It's
right on top of me!!  Where!?!?!"  Sweet game...still working on CSB.  What
are good weapons?  (Not that 8 MON FUL IRs won't wipe anything away...)

--
|NAME: Wulfgar of the Tribe of the Elk                                      |