[comp.sys.amiga.games] HD Installs

patrick_meloy@outbound.wimsey.bc.ca (Patrick Meloy) (04/12/91)

There was someone moaning about games not being hard disk installable and how
it was pot-luck with most titles whether they even mention it on the label.
Well, I to feel beset upon by these types of games (I have a very nice 210
meg drive on my 2500). I got a real jolt today while looking at some new
games though. Accolade just put out a new game that actually says 'Non-hard
disk installable' right on the label! Well, that was a real shocker let me
tell ya. Now If only I could remember which title it was. (There were a lot
of new ones you see :)

I would like to thank anyone on the net that has anything to do with Accolade,
that notice on the label just put you up about 5 notches on my publisher
rating. I'm not even going to hold the no-hd thing against the game since you
were nice enough to tell us.

---------------------------------------
| patrick_meloy@outbound.wimsey.bc.ca |
| 'The Outbound' BBS Vancouver BC     |
---------------------------------------

ridout@uservx.afwl.af.mil (04/12/91)

In article <patrick_meloy.4341@outbound.wimsey.bc.ca>, patrick_meloy@outbound.wimsey.bc.ca (Patrick Meloy) writes:
> There was someone moaning about games not being hard disk installable and how
> it was pot-luck with most titles whether they even mention it on the label.
> Well, I to feel beset upon by these types of games (I have a very nice 210
> meg drive on my 2500). I got a real jolt today while looking at some new
> games though. Accolade just put out a new game that actually says 'Non-hard
> disk installable' right on the label! Well, that was a real shocker let me
> tell ya. Now If only I could remember which title it was. (There were a lot
> of new ones you see :)
>
> I would like to thank anyone on the net that has anything to do with Accolade,
> that notice on the label just put you up about 5 notches on my publisher
> rating. I'm not even going to hold the no-hd thing against the game since you
> were nice enough to tell us.
>

> ---------------------------------------
> | patrick_meloy@outbound.wimsey.bc.ca |
> | 'The Outbound' BBS Vancouver BC     |
> ---------------------------------------

I think I will have to agree.  I tend to be alot more forgiving if I am told
what to expect up front. Although I think I will have to draw the line at on
disk as well as manual lookup protection on the same product :-).

later..
*  Brian Ridout                  What's the difference between a CAR       *
*  PL/SCEV                       salesman and a COMPUTER salesman?         *
*  Kirtland AFB NM 87117         *                                         *
*  ridout@uservx.afwl.af.mil     The CAR salesman KNOWS when he's lying!   *

patrick_meloy@outbound.wimsey.bc.ca (Patrick Meloy) (04/13/91)

>I think I will have to agree.  I tend to be alot more forgiving if I am told
>what to expect up front. Although I think I will have to draw the line at on
>disk as well as manual lookup protection on the same product :-).
>
>later..

That program is called 'hoverforce' by the way, I checked today because it was
nagging at me :) It IS in fact a very good Arcade game, it was released on
the Atari as something else (resoloution 101 or something) and was touted as
the fastest game made. I dunno if it really was, but it was DAMNED close at
least! Not only that, but the game itself was actually semi-interesting (I'm
not that much of an arcade fan sooo.)

---------------------------------------
| patrick_meloy@outbound.wimsey.bc.ca |
| 'The Outbound' BBS Vancouver BC     |
---------------------------------------

roger_earl@outbound.wimsey.bc.ca (Roger Earl) (04/13/91)

Yes, I have half a mind to return any game that isn't Hard Drive installable
(even though I don't have my Hard Drive yet) to the company if they don't
state so on the outside of the package.  I believe you can do this on the
grounds of not getting what you expected you paid for.  Furthermore, I think
individual stores should post their own stickers on software according to
compatibility/Installable/etc if they are aware of such matters.

(P.S. Accolade shouldn't have renamed 'Resolution 101' to 'Hoverforce'. I've
been looking for 101 for a long time and didn't connect when I heard
'Hoverforce' was available.  What is it with renaming European releases
anyway ? )

* "The personal computer market is about the same size as the total potato *
* chip market.  Next year it will be about half the size of the pet food   *
* market and is fast approaching the total worldwide sales of pantyhose"   *
*  -James Finke, Pres., Commodore Int'l Ltd.(1982)-                        *
Roger Earl = Usenet: roger_earl@outbound.wimsey.bc.ca = GEnie: R.Earl4