[net.travel] Incredible travel savings!

eag@drutx.UUCP (GressEA) (03/20/86)

A new travel program known as the ULTIMATE Travel Network
was started this January.  It claims to be the best service
of its kind available.  Here are some of its features:

$$  DISCOUNTS ON HOTEL/MOTEL ACCOMODATIONS.  First night
    discount of 25 to 75 % off regular rates on any
    hotel/motel anywhere in the world anytime.  A minimum
    discount of 20 % on any additional successive
    nights.

$$  GUARANTEED LOWEST AIR FARE.

$$  DISCOUNTS ON CAR RENTALS.  A 25% discount on regular
    rates, or 10% off special rates from National Car
    Rental.

$$  $200,000 FLIGHT INSURANCE.

$$  SHORT NOTICE TRIP SERVICE.  Save up to 65% on unsold
    charter flights, vacation packages, cruise trips, etc.
    Most trips are scheduled to depart from four days to
    four weeks away.

$$  DISCOUNT VACATION PACKAGES PROGRAM.  Save up to 50%
    on plan-in-advance vacation packages and cruises.

$$  PLUS MANY OTHER FEATURES.

Two yearly memberships are available:

DELUXE     $79.95
SUPER      $99.95

I am posting this for a friend.  I thought that all you
folks in net.travel land would be interested.

For more information contact:

Jeff Fergus
6710 Allison St.
Arvada, CO.  80004
(303) 425-8995

Evalee Gress
ihnp4!drutx!eag
(303) 538-1317

shaprkg@sdcrdcf.UUCP (Bob Shapiro) (03/26/86)

In article <362@drutx.UUCP> eag@drutx.UUCP (GressEA) writes:

>A new travel program known as the ULTIMATE Travel Network
>was started this January.  It claims to be the best service
>of its kind available.  Here are some of its features:
>
>$$  DISCOUNTS ON HOTEL/MOTEL ACCOMODATIONS.  First night
>    discount of 25 to 75 % off regular rates on any
>    hotel/motel anywhere in the world anytime.  A minimum
>    discount of 20 % on any additional successive
>    nights.
>
>$$  GUARANTEED LOWEST AIR FARE.
>
>$$  DISCOUNTS ON CAR RENTALS.  A 25% discount on regular
>    rates, or 10% off special rates from National Car
>    Rental.
>
>$$  $200,000 FLIGHT INSURANCE.
>
>$$  SHORT NOTICE TRIP SERVICE.  Save up to 65% on unsold
>    charter flights, vacation packages, cruise trips, etc.
>    Most trips are scheduled to depart from four days to
>    four weeks away.
>
>$$  DISCOUNT VACATION PACKAGES PROGRAM.  Save up to 50%
>    on plan-in-advance vacation packages and cruises.
>
>$$  PLUS MANY OTHER FEATURES.
>
>Two yearly memberships are available:
>
>DELUXE     $79.95
>SUPER      $99.95
>
>I am posting this for a friend.  I thought that all you
>folks in net.travel land would be interested.
>
>For more information contact:
>
>Jeff Fergus
>6710 Allison St.
>Arvada, CO.  80004
>(303) 425-8995
>
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>Evalee Gress
>ihnp4!drutx!eag
>(303) 538-1317

   There are lots of these "so-called travel clubs" operating all over the
US. I guess some people have to learn the hard way. As P.T Barnum said:
"There's one born every minute".

   As someone in the travel business, I have looked into a number of these
clubs.  Many of them have folded shortly after taking the annual fee, many
have nothing but worthless junk for sale at half price but wouldn't be a
bargain if they gave it away free.  This particular one might be different
but I doubt it.  Simple logic would come to the conclusion that no quality
tour or cruise company is going to give away its product for up to 50% off.
Agency chains such as American Express, Auto Club, Ask Mr Foster, etc. can't
negotiate such deals with all of thier volume as clout so it seems a little
strange that these travel clubs can.  As for the lowest air fare - typically
there is no way for you to prove them wrong.  If you tell them that there was
a lower air fare available than they merely tell you it was sold out at the
time that you wanted to go. To go back into the archives of the airline is
literally impossible.  If you catch them before you fly, they merely rewrite
your ticket at the lower fare and give you a nice apology.

   I realize that I am biased since I am in the travel business, but it
would be interesting to hear from anybody who is using any of these clubs
with any satisfaction.

			Bob Shapiro