[comp.sys.amiga.games] DM Maps on Fish Disks?

shaun@iris.mincom.oz.au (Shaun Hayes) (04/16/91)

I distinctly remember seeing in the contents of a Fred Fish disk
that one contained some sort of DM maps.  Was I hallucinating,
or can some kind soul tell me which disk they were on..

And while I'm at it, what's the best way to kill rock monsters
when you're a low-powered hoozit.  (Someone emailed me on this
one - thanks, but the answer was chewed up before I finished
reading it (it's a long story)).  Are my (weak) fireballs actually
doing any damage, or are they just flying overhead as they appear
to do - perhaps this is one for you, Stewart ???

Thanks in advance to all the kind souls in NetLand (TM)...

--
|-----   "Strange how potent cheap music is..."                              |
|\ = /                           Julie Andrews as Gertrude Lawrence in "Star"|

tagreen@lothario.ucs.indiana.edu (Todd Green) (04/16/91)

In article <960@iris.mincom.oz.au> shaun@mincom.oz.au (Somewhere Over The Rainbow) writes:

>And while I'm at it, what's the best way to kill rock monsters
>when you're a low-powered hoozit.  (Someone emailed me on this
>one - thanks, but the answer was chewed up before I finished
>reading it (it's a long story)).  Are my (weak) fireballs actually
>doing any damage, or are they just flying overhead as they appear
>to do - perhaps this is one for you, Stewart ???

As far as I could tell (and remember, it's been about a year since I
touched the game) your fireballs do damage.  It's helpful to have them
at least at the 3rd power level.  Also picking up things (like the
boulders and rocks that they leave behind when they croak, or anything
can be used to throw at them.)  One of the best methods I found was to
cast 4 3rd power fireballs and then have each of my front two people
take a swipe at them, back up a step, wait for the creatures to come,
take two more swipes, back up a step, etc. etc.  This works really
well since it seems to take the creatures some time before then can
attack after they have moved.  Another fun thing to do though it won't
get you much experience it to lead them towards the pit with the
pressure plate, when they are over the pit step off the plate and
watch them drop.  Effective but rather boring.

Wishing I had an Amiga to play it over again,

Todd

--
Internet: tagreen@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu
NeXTMail: tagreen@lothario.ucs.indiana.edu

ake@dayton.saic.com (Earle Ake) (04/17/91)

In article <960@iris.mincom.oz.au>, shaun@iris.mincom.oz.au (Shaun Hayes) writes:
> I distinctly remember seeing in the contents of a Fred Fish disk
> that one contained some sort of DM maps.  Was I hallucinating,
> or can some kind soul tell me which disk they were on..

	The Dungeon Master maps appeared on Fred Fish disk 240.

Earle
Earle Ake   /___ /___/ / /     Science Applications International Corporation
           ____//   / / /__                 Dayton, Ohio
Internet: ake@dayton.saic.com        uucp: dayvb!ake         SPAN: 28284::ake