[comp.sys.amiga.games] HELP !! Cadaver

goose@surf.sics.bu.oz.au (Ralph Schwarten) (04/10/91)

Hi,

Can someone help me with Cadaver ?
I am stuck in the beggining stages of level 2
I can get past the spitting volcanoes etc but am stumped with the levers
any help greatly appreciated

Ralph

webbc@kirk.nmg.bu.oz.au (Chris Webb) (04/10/91)

In article <1489@surf.sics.bu.oz.au>, goose@surf.sics.bu.oz.au (Ralph Schwarten) writes:
> Hi,
>
> Can someone help me with Cadaver ?
> I am stuck in the beggining stages of level 2
> I can get past the spitting volcanoes etc but am stumped with the levers
> any help greatly appreciated
>
> Ralph

Ralph mate for crying out loud get rid of your poxy little Amiga and get
a real machine. Everyone knows Commodore only make stuf for kids !
 You can't even buy decent hard disks for them.
Imagine the thrill of playing a game and not having to swap disks every
other minute. Pull youself together - you won't regret it.

AA - Amigas Anonymous.

cpmwc@marlin.jcu.edu.au (Matthew W Crowd) (04/10/91)

In article <2939@kirk.nmg.bu.oz.au> webbc@kirk.nmg.bu.oz.au (Chris Webb) writes:
>In article <1489@surf.sics.bu.oz.au>, goose@surf.sics.bu.oz.au (Ralph Schwarten) writes:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Can someone help me with Cadaver ?
>> I am stuck in the beggining stages of level 2
>> I can get past the spitting volcanoes etc but am stumped with the levers
>> any help greatly appreciated
>>
>> Ralph
>
>Ralph mate for crying out loud get rid of your poxy little Amiga and get
>a real machine. Everyone knows Commodore only make stuf for kids !
> You can't even buy decent hard disks for them.
>Imagine the thrill of playing a game and not having to swap disks every
>other minute. Pull youself together - you won't regret it.
>

>AA - Amigas Anonymous.

Who is this loser ?

matt.

am66@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Alexander Maldutis) (04/10/91)

In article <2939@kirk.nmg.bu.oz.au> webbc@kirk.nmg.bu.oz.au (Chris Webb) writes:
>In article <1489@surf.sics.bu.oz.au>, goose@surf.sics.bu.oz.au (Ralph Schwarten) writes:
>> Hi,
>>

>> Ralph
>
>Ralph mate for crying out loud get rid of your poxy little Amiga and get
>a real machine. Everyone knows Commodore only make stuf for kids !
> You can't even buy decent hard disks for them.
>Imagine the thrill of playing a game and not having to swap disks every
>other minute. Pull youself together - you won't regret it.
>

>AA - Amigas Anonymous.

Is this a joke?  Most people will tell you that the new Rigid Disk Block
standard for HDs makes the Amiga drives some of the fastest for micro-
computers.  Just read c.s.a.hardware.  I find my 386's drive glacial
compared with my Amiga drives.

Besides, this belongs in advocacy.

		HA HA!  YOU THINK THIS IS THE REAL .SIGNATURE?
				IT IS!
Total Computing!**********************************am66@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu*

mmoore@ux.acs.umn.edu (Malcolm Diallo Moore) (04/11/91)

In article <2939@kirk.nmg.bu.oz.au>, webbc@kirk.nmg.bu.oz.au (Chris Webb) writes:

> Ralph mate for crying out loud get rid of your poxy little Amiga and get
> a real machine. Everyone knows Commodore only make stuf for kids !
>  You can't even buy decent hard disks for them.
> Imagine the thrill of playing a game and not having to swap disks every
> other minute. Pull youself together - you won't regret it.
>

> AA - Amigas Anonymous.

I certainly hope you don't mean an MS-DOS machine.  Cause if you do you serious
ly living in a dream world.  MS-DOS is the clunkiest, no-sound-havinest, no-
graphics-havinest, most-expensive-costingest, sound-board-needinest, joystick-
board-needinest, oldest, most crustiest machine in the entire world!!  "Bad
command *or* file name." "General Failure error."  Hell, it can't tell the diff-
erence between a command and a file name so it says "Bad command *or* file name"
And sometimes it doesn't even know what's wrong with itself!!  Just tell me, Mr
Webb, just tell me, what in the fuck IS General Failure?!?"

IBM is so behind the times it has to ask Microsoft to make a clunky-ass, RAM-
hungry GUI so people will stop going to Amiga and Mac because they're much
easier to use. That oughta tell you something.  And who would WANT to play games
on an IBM??  They're just NOW coming out with some good graphics games for IBM,
but that's only if you have EGA or VGA!!  You don't even any damn kind of GA to
play games on the Amiga!

I won't even go through how an IBM will sometimes just lock up on you....

The Capital MD
IBM = (I)'m a (B)itch (M)achine
APPLE = (A) (P)unk (P)u**y (L)ickin (E)gghead
AMIGA = (A)ll (M)otherf*-- Naw fuck that, it's just a FRESH COMPUTER!!

Amiga- the one and onlee...

jreeves@magnus.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Joe B Reeves) (04/12/91)

Ahem to the man who said:
"get rid of the poxxy Amiga..
get a real machine."

Don't cross post here in comp.sys.amiga.games if you are going to rag on
the Amiga. Very, very, rude.
Amiga : for $700 or less(educational)
Exceptional 1 meg 2 drive stereo super duper high res machine.
DOS:
for $400- a 7mhz computer and a Amber monitor. Maybe it beeps.
Buy a SVGA, stereo sound board, extra drive, mouse, operating system,
a nice expensive monitor, blah, blah, and you have

Empty pockets and a machine that STILL DOES NOT COMPARE TO AMIGA.
Now ther's gud lawgic.

|Joe Reeves | The Ohio State University | jreeves@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu  |
|---Memo-to-myself.-Do-the-dumb-things-I-gotta-do.-Touch-the-puppet-head.----|
|    //               They Might Be Giants debut album.                      |

jreeves@magnus.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Joe B Reeves) (04/12/91)

Sorry about the previous posting, but I'm not deleting it, still. I like DOS,
love Amiga. It stays that way. But I will never never never do it again, I
promise.

IBM still stinks, though.

colas@lemur.inria.fr (Colas Nahaboo) (04/12/91)

> In article <2939@kirk.nmg.bu.oz.au> webbc@kirk.nmg.bu.oz.au
> >In article <1489@surf.sics.bu.oz.au>, goose@surf.sics.bu.oz.au

Please people, before drawing your flamethrower, look at the mail adress of
these people: they are from the same host!!! This sound rather like a private
joke... (not anymore private, actually :-))

--
Colas Nahaboo, colas@sa.inria.fr, Bull Research, Koala Project, GWM X11 WM
Phone:(33) 93.65.77.70(.66 Fax), INRIA, B.P.109 - 06561 Valbonne Cedex, FRANCE.

jerry@polygen.uucp (Jerry Shekhel) (04/14/91)

Well, I tried to refrain from flaming this illiterate Amoeboid, but I can't.

(Malcolm Diallo Moore) writes:

>IBM is so behind the times it has to ask Microsoft to make a clunky-ass, RAM-
>hungry GUI so people will stop going to Amiga and Mac because they're much
>easier to use. That oughta tell you something.
>
>[...]
>
>They're just NOW coming out with some good graphics games for IBM,
>but that's only if you have EGA or VGA!!  You don't even any damn kind of GA to
>play games on the Amiga!

Of course not.  The Amiga's non-upgradeable graphics are just perfect for
the game machine that it is.  Hey, what the hell is a "Flicker Fixer"
anyway?  I know, I know -- there are additional graphics boards for the
higher-end Amoebas.  Can you imagine that?  Commodore is so behind the
times that it has to ask third parties to make graphics cards for them.
That oughta tell you something, eh Malcolm?

If you really think that IBM is worried about people converting away from
DOS to the Amiga, then I suggest that you wake up and smell the sh*t you're
shoveling.  Obviously you've never used Windows.  No, I guess you're happy
running your Amoeba's GUI with its whopping 200-line screen resolution.
What's that?  I know, I know -- it IS possible to use 400 lines if youve got a
good supply of Visine.

> And who would WANT to play games on an IBM??

Anyone who would like to play Wing Commander, the game that kicks ass on
anything ever made for the Amoeba.

>I won't even go through how an IBM will sometimes just lock up on you....

Are you high on crack, or have you just been staring at your Amoeba's GURU
screen for too long?

>AMIGA = (A)ll (M)otherf*-- Naw fuck that, it's just a FRESH COMPUTER!!

FRESH, huh?  And I bet you think the New Kids are a FRESH BAND?

>Amiga- the one and onlee...

Amoeba -- it moves so slowlee...
--
+-------------------+----------------------+---------------------------------+
| JERRY J. SHEKHEL  | POLYGEN CORPORATION  | When I was young, I had to walk |

mmoore@ux.acs.umn.edu (Malcolm Diallo Moore) (04/15/91)

In article <1045@stewart.UUCP>, jerry@polygen.uucp (Jerry Shekhel) writes:
> Well, I tried to refrain from flaming this illiterate Amoeboid, but I can't.

[Some bullshit garbage about Amiga graphics not being upgradable and IBMs are]

What has IBM done besides push their clunky EGA/MCGA series?

> Anyone who would like to play Wing Commander, the game that kicks ass on
> anything ever made for the Amoeba.

Oh please.  Wing Commander is blocky and slow running on anything under less
than a 386 SX with 4 MB RAM.  And I suggest you turn the sound off, unless
you like hearing the sound of something or someone being squeezed through
a sieve)  When Wing Commander comes out for Amiga (and it will) I'm certain
it will be run much faster and less clunkier graphics.

And I guess you haven't seen The Killing Game Show or Awesome.  Oh but wait!!
They don't make that for IBM.

> Are you high on crack, or have you just been staring at your Amoeba's GURU
> screen for too long?

Ooooh. Are you that weak that you have to bring *drugs* into the picture? I
would rather have my Amiga say "Software Failure" than just smooth lock
up on me and I have to Ctrl-Alt-Delete or just snap the damn thing off and
on again.

> FRESH, huh?  And I bet you think the New Kids are a FRESH BAND?

Personally, I hate the New Kids, just as much as I hate IBM.

> Amoeba -- it moves so slowlee...

IBM: so big and clunkee...

Look Jerry,

If the dip who had flamed the amiga in the first place had been a little more
objective I wouldn't have rushed in and flamed IBM.  IBM is such an overpriced,
underpowered machine that I had to say something.  I practically know MS-DOS in
and out so I know its good and bad spots.  Unfortunately, I can't understand
why so many people are jockin' IBM like underwear.

And please don't waste your pro-IBM crap on comp.sys.amiga.games.  You had my
EMAIL address.  You should have EMAILED me personally instead.

You crack-monster you.

IBM = (I)ce Age (B)rontosaurus (M)achine

Not ready error reading drive A
Abort, Retry, Ignore, Fail?

Malcolm "The Capital MD" Moore
Amiga: Fresh --IBM: Bozack

jerry@polygen.uucp (Jerry Shekhel) (04/17/91)

mmoore@ux.acs.umn.edu (Malcolm Diallo Moore) writes:

>Oh please.  Wing Commander is blocky and slow running on anything under less
>than a 386 SX with 4 MB RAM.  And I suggest you turn the sound off, unless
>you like hearing the sound of something or someone being squeezed through
>a sieve)

Agreed, but a 386SX is hardly a powerful or expensive machine.  You can get
one with 4MB RAM, SVGA graphics, and a fast 65MB disk for about $1800 with
monitor.  For an extra $130 you can get a Sound Blaster which will give
Wing Commander fantastic sound, and the upcoming Wing Commander II will have
digitized sound (and consume most of your hard disk :-)

>When Wing Commander comes out for Amiga (and it will) I'm certain
>it will be run much faster and less clunkier graphics.

I'm sure it will be good, mainly because they will already have some
of the problems of the original noted and worked out.  I seriously doubt
it will run any faster than it does on that 386SX, and what the hell is
"clunky graphics" anyway?

>And I guess you haven't seen The Killing Game Show or Awesome.  Oh but wait!!
>They don't make that for IBM.

I'm sure the IBM world is in mortal distress over this.

>I would rather have my Amiga say "Software Failure" than just smooth lock
>up on me and I have to Ctrl-Alt-Delete or just snap the damn thing off and
>on again.

In the several years I've used an IBM-compatible, DOS itself has never
crashed on me.  Windows has crashed twice since I got it (almost a year
ago), and believe me, the grace with which it crashes equals or exceeds
the grace of the GURU, if it really matters that much.

>Look Jerry,
>
>If the dip who had flamed the amiga in the first place had been a little more
>objective I wouldn't have rushed in and flamed IBM.

Oh, so then you know why *I* flamed -- not because I hate the Amiga, but
because you weren't the least bit objective in *your* flames.

>And please don't waste your pro-IBM crap on comp.sys.amiga.games.  You had my
>EMAIL address.  You should have EMAILED me personally instead.

You should have done the same!  Really, Malcolm, you should listen to your
own advice.  No hard feelings?

mmoore@ux.acs.umn.edu (Malcolm Diallo Moore) (04/19/91)

In article <1048@stewart.UUCP>, jerry@polygen.uucp (Jerry Shekhel) writes:
> mmoore@ux.acs.umn.edu (Malcolm Diallo Moore) writes:
> >

> I'm sure it will be good, mainly because they will already have some
> of the problems of the original noted and worked out.  I seriously doubt
> it will run any faster than it does on that 386SX, and what the hell is
> "clunky graphics" anyway?

"Clunky graphics" are the graphics that aren't smooth.  Wing Commander is no-
torious for having clunky and blocky graphics, real noticeable when you're
hugging a rock, mine or enemy Kilrathi ship.

> I'm sure the IBM world is in mortal distress over this.

Maybe, maybe not.  Personally I don't care.> >

> In the several years I've used an IBM-compatible, DOS itself has never
> crashed on me.  Windows has crashed twice since I got it (almost a year
> ago), and believe me, the grace with which it crashes equals or exceeds
> the grace of the GURU, if it really matters that much.

I never said DOS crashed.  DOS itself really can't crash unless you have some
bugs or something in it.  But still, I'd rather it say "Hey, look, somewhere
something fu***d up" than just lock up on me.  I mean, I could move away from
the CPU for a moment after typing in a command and when I return there would
be noting but the cursor on the screen, with Amiga it's flashing Guru.  But that
is my personal preference.

Hey, I'm sorry if I sounded childish for rebuffing a direct Amiga flame.  But
as for IBM, I speak through experience.

Malcolm "The Capital MD" Moore

----------Amiga: The One and Only.  All the Rest Can Get the Bozack.----------

P.S. No hard feelings.