[comp.sys.amiga.games] Turrican

diogenes@bbs.sbs.com (Charles Bandes) (11/05/90)

I was told that there is a pd demo of Turrican on abcfd20, but I haven't
been able to find it there - can anyone tell me where to look and what the
filename is?  Thanks!

set@phobos.cis.ksu.edu (Steve E Tietze ) (11/08/90)

I think its in the incoming amiga.  Try that.

Steve
Amiga Man

robinson@delux2.cs.umass.edu (Richard Robinson) (04/17/91)

Since my mailer is not currently working, I will reply here.

In the first level, there are some high blocks above the waterfall.
To get to them, climb to the top of the tower and go to the left.
Destroy the rocks and make sure to get the hidden treasure above
you. Then, standing about one turrican width to the left of the
edge, jump up and to the left. Hold left until you land on the block,
then quickly stop. After a few tries, you'll get the hang of it.
Now hop to the left and up and eventually you will find a total
of 5 1-up's and some miscellaneous other stuff.

One last tip - when using an inivisble block to climb on, make sure
that you destroy it once you get to the next higher thing. This is
especially useful in 2-2 (I think). There is a metal plunger which
shoots you way up. The only way to get on it is to use the big
invisible block. Instead, jump on the left green platform and use
the lightning to destroy the block you were on.

-Dread
--
robinson@elux1.cs.umass.edu

ridout@uservx.afwl.af.mil (04/21/91)

In article <29367@dime.cs.umass.edu>, robinson@delux2.cs.umass.edu (Richard Robinson) writes:

> Since my mailer is not currently working, I will reply here.
>
> In the first level, there are some high blocks above the waterfall.
> To get to them, climb to the top of the tower and go to the left.

What tower??  Is this the lower waterfall in the beginning of the game?

> Destroy the rocks and make sure to get the hidden treasure above
> you. Then, standing about one turrican width to the left of the
> edge, jump up and to the left. Hold left until you land on the block,
> then quickly stop. After a few tries, you'll get the hang of it.
> Now hop to the left and up and eventually you will find a total
> of 5 1-up's and some miscellaneous other stuff.

I havent been able to find any of this stuff.:-(
Could some one be more descriptive so I can find this stuff.

> One last tip - when using an inivisble block to climb on, make sure
> that you destroy it once you get to the next higher thing. This is
> especially useful in 2-2 (I think). There is a metal plunger which
> shoots you way up. The only way to get on it is to use the big
> invisible block. Instead, jump on the left green platform and use
> the lightning to destroy the block you were on.
>
> -Dread
> --
> robinson@elux1.cs.umass.edu
That doesn't sound like the one I found so I will tell every body where I found
6 1-up's.  That platform that you stand on and it drops you down and makes your
head spin.  You notice that there is a lot of honey comb on the sides.  Well if
you climb all the way back up there are 6 of those babies.  The trick is
shooting the honey comb in the correct places as you jump so you have a place
to land.  After a few games you get the hang of it.  If you are not careful too
much of the honeycomb is gone and you cant get any higher.

I have been able to get to the last of the game but I am dont have enough lives
by that point to figure out how to kikk the big guy.  I usually loose about 10
lives in the spaceship.
--
|  Brian Ridout                  What's the difference between a CAR       |
|  PL/DOSCS                      salesman and a COMPUTER salesman?         |