[comp.sys.amiga.games] Dungeon Master on Hard Drive

gt5598a@prism.gatech.edu (BURTON,MARK TAYLOR) (01/29/91)

If anyone in the Ga. Tech area has successfully used the dm patches from ab20
to install DM on their HD, please leave me email at gt5598a@prism.gatech.edu.

If anyone else has had and solved the problem of the file 'exec' hanging up
their computer, please let me know.  (This is the exec file created from
the lpatches)

Thanks to all who have been kind enough to help me get this far.
  ( Mark )

dsg@cci632.UUCP (David Greenberg) (01/30/91)

	Has anyone actually got the lpatch to work correctly??!!....Mine just
generates an empty file!!!!! If anyone has a working copy please send it to me!!!

						Thanks,
						Dave

jpbaker@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Jon P Baker) (04/17/91)

After having had Dungeon Master (I) for 2 years I found the dm-on-hd
patch for it on ab20.  The only problem is that you need Lattice's
lpatch to make it work.

1) Is there a PD workalike of lpatch so I can do this?

2) Would it be possible for someone to mail me _JUST_ lpatch so I can
put DM on my hard drive if there is no PD version?

3) Has anyone used this patch?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.  I am getting tired of having
to run it off of floppy.

Jon

--
+------------------+--------------------------------+
| Jon Paul Baker   | jpbaker@silver.ucs.indiana.edu |

her@compel.UUCP (Helge Egelund Rasmussen) (04/18/91)

jpbaker@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Jon P Baker) writes:

>After having had Dungeon Master (I) for 2 years I found the dm-on-hd
>patch for it on ab20.  The only problem is that you need Lattice's
>lpatch to make it work.

Will this patch work for 'Chaos Strikes Back'???

>Jon

Helge
---
Helge E. Rasmussen  .  PHONE + 45 36 72 33 00  .  E-mail:  her@compel.dk
Compel A/S          .  FAX   + 45 36 72 43 00  .
Copenhagen, Denmark

2fmlempire@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (04/18/91)

In article <1428@compel.UUCP>, her@compel.UUCP (Helge Egelund Rasmussen) writes:
> jpbaker@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Jon P Baker) writes:
>
>>After having had Dungeon Master (I) for 2 years I found the dm-on-hd
>>patch for it on ab20.  The only problem is that you need Lattice's
>>lpatch to make it work.
>
> Will this patch work for 'Chaos Strikes Back'???

Unfortunately, no, I tried...:-(

David Poland

frank@morpheus.UUCP (Frank McPherson) (04/20/91)

--
You're right, that patch won't work on Chaos Strikes Back, but there is
another method (it's not a patch) which I thought was on AB20, but which

-- Frank McPherson		 INTERNET : emcphers@fox.cs.vt.edu	--
--				AmigaUUCP : uunet!vtserf!morpheus!frank --

dsg@cci632.cci.com (David Greenberg) (04/24/91)

Does anyone have a working lpatch command....mine seems to work, but outputs
empty files.....

						Dave