[comp.sys.amiga.games] Speedball II ?????

klein@seq.uncwil.edu (Tony Klein) (04/22/91)

    I was browsing through the news and saw a reference to Speedball II,
    does anybody have it ?  How is it different from Speedball?  Me and
    a fried spent almost every weekend last summer trying to beat each
    other, any info on where you can get it and maybe a review would be
    greatly appreciated !

                                     Thanks,
                                       Tony

  /                                                                    \
  | ... Gotta stop living at a pace that kills before I wake up dead ! |
  |          klein@seq.uncwil.edu   or   kleina@vxc.uncwil.edu         |
  \____________________________________________________________________/

anderson@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu (Brent James Anderson) (04/23/91)

     I would greatly recommend Speedball 2.  It's even better than the first
one, and has arcade quality graphics.  I love the old one too, and they are
both excellent.  The second Speedball has more detailed training setups,
just as much violence, and new types of weapons to use against the other team.
There's also great sounds and it's just as fast as the first one.  The players
and playing field are also larger which contributes to the arcade-like feel.

jamie@heavy.enet.dec.com () (04/23/91)

Speedball 2 is excellent. The playing area is twice as large with many
"bonus" sections on it such as stars to throw the ball at to gain extra
points etc. The players are larger and more detailed and the animation
is lovely. You have the option to play in knockout or league (2
divisions) or play the manager of the team, in which you concentrate
more on the training aspect than the playing (you don't actually control
your players game in manager mode). After playing Speedball 2 I'd never

I've got into the second division once before but never made much of an
impression there. Has anyone had any success at that level?

				Jamie.

kuan@iris.ucdavis.edu (Frank [Who me?] Kuan) (04/24/91)

In article <1991Apr23.090026.23284@hollie.rdg.dec.com> jamie@heavy.enet.dec.com () writes:

>I've got into the second division once before but never made much of an
>impression there. Has anyone had any success at that level?
>
>				Jamie.

I've placed third on division I last week. Fatal Justice was in first
place, and Super Nashwan was in second place. The three of us were
in a pretty close fight for the top. Towards the end of the playoffs,
I nearly beat Super Nashwan, but they scored a goal in the last 3
seconds of the game to tie it up. Then, I played #1 Fatal Justice,
and kicked their butts by 30 points, so that knocked them off from
first place. Final standings: Super Nashwan got bumped up to #1 thanks
to me, and I came in a very close third, about 20-30 points below
Fatal Justice. After I play a few more games, I think I will
be able to win Division I!