[comp.sys.amiga.games] Ports of Call - the Emergency

hclausen@adspdk.UUCP (Henrik Clausen) (04/23/91)

   Any old PoC fans around?

   It just appeared at the stores again, discounted, so I got me a copy.
Now, how do I save the guy in the life fleet? I've tried about every
imaginable manouver, like sailing alongside, hitting it most gently,
sailing around it, etc. The manual doesn't even mention the situation!

   My status invariably falls when I meet this guy - how can it be done?

                                                 -Henrik
| Henrik Clausen, Graffiti Data | If the Doors of Perception where cleansed, |
| ...{pyramid|rutgers}!cbmvax!  | Man would see Reality as it is - Infinite. |
\______cbmehq!adspdk!hclausen___|_________________________________W. Blake___/

patrick_meloy@outbound.wimsey.bc.ca (Patrick Meloy) (04/24/91)

>   Any old PoC fans around?
>
>   It just appeared at the stores again, discounted, so I got me a copy.
>Now, how do I save the guy in the life fleet? I've tried about every
>imaginable manouver, like sailing alongside, hitting it most gently,
>sailing around it, etc. The manual doesn't even mention the situation!
>
>   My status invariably falls when I meet this guy - how can it be done?

I'm with you! I bought PoC way back in 88 and have NEVER been able to save the
guy in the liferaft. If anyone has any hints, MY EARS ARE PEELED (ouch, that
hurts!).

---------------------------------------
| patrick_meloy@outbound.wimsey.bc.ca |
| 'The Outbound' BBS Vancouver BC     |
---------------------------------------

mascot@bnr.ca (Scott Mason) (04/24/91)

In article <1907c1b3.ARN1c5f@adspdk.UUCP> hclausen@adspdk.UUCP writes:

>Now, how do I save the guy in the life fleet?

Sail in from the same direction at a rate just faster than the life
raft is drifting. Brush the raft lightly w/ the side of the ship.
Alternately, sail in the same direction just slower and let the raft
run up against your side.

By the by, I played this at a friends, but it seems very repetitive and
boring. Is there anything more to it than buying your ship, then picking
routes and cargo over and over? I came to hate the few "arcade" segments.

Scott.

PS. Sorry, I do not have email access. Do not reply by mail. Sorry again.