[comp.sys.amiga.games] Jez San's Flight Simulator

mikep@hpmwtd.HP.COM (Mike Powell) (04/13/91)

	Hey all...  I recall hearing that Jez San was supposed to be
	doing a flight simulator for Amiga.... but this was a couple
	of years ago almost...  Does anyone know what became of it?

	Was this the HAWK simulator... or is that a different one?

	And I see that Chuck Yeagers simulators (original and advanced)
	never made it to the Amiga either....

	What's wrong with this picture?

	-Mike-

perod@ifi.uio.no (Per Christian deg}rd) (04/15/91)

	Yep, Jez San's flight sim should be available in a couple
	of months (now where have I heard that one before), and this
	is the game that has been called X, Hawk, Aggressor etc.
	I don't know what the final game will be called though.

	According to the rumours, you will be able to fly almost
	all modern warplanes, so this sim could really be something.

	Per Chr. Odegard   perod@ifi.uio.no

borgen@stud.cs.uit.no (Boerge Noest) (04/15/91)

In article <15080014@hpmwmat.HP.COM> mikep@hpmwtd.HP.COM (Mike Powell) writes:

>	Hey all...  I recall hearing that Jez San was supposed to be
>	doing a flight simulator for Amiga.... but this was a couple
>	of years ago almost...  Does anyone know what became of it?
>
>	Was this the HAWK simulator... or is that a different one?
It was, now it's Bird of Prey (or somesuch). Coming RSN(well, at least it's
said to be nearing completition(sp?)).
--
|///  borgen@stud.cs.uit.no   (Borge Nost)   		B2000 rev 4.1	 \\\|
|//   ...and then there was AMIGA...					  \\|

--

jmauric@hubcap.clemson.edu (Phantom of Adexsi) (04/15/91)

From article <15080014@hpmwmat.HP.COM>, by mikep@hpmwtd.HP.COM (Mike Powell):

> 	And I see that Chuck Yeagers simulators (original and advanced)
> 	never made it to the Amiga either....

ive seen advertisements for chuck yeagers flight sim. for the amiga. its
supposed to be version 2.0. dont know if its any good though.
				--john

!X!   Music   Edit    Tools    Special  !        999999999 Bytes Free
=====!       !=================================================================
     !#Opera#!______

adrian@cs.hw.ac.uk (Adrian Hurt) (04/17/91)

In article <15080014@hpmwmat.HP.COM> mikep@hpmwtd.HP.COM (Mike Powell) writes:

>	Hey all...  I recall hearing that Jez San was supposed to be
>	doing a flight simulator for Amiga.... but this was a couple
>	of years ago almost...  Does anyone know what became of it?
>
>	Was this the HAWK simulator... or is that a different one?

Originally to be called "Hawk", Jez San's flight simulator is now named "Birds
of Prey".  He originally wrote it on a PC with lots of add-ons (mostly extra
memory) and then had to figure out what to cut out so it would run on an
unmodified 1 MByte machine (PC, Amiga or ST).  I saw an article in a magazine
which said it should be out in September or October this year; believe that if
you want.

There was a preview of it in a magazine called "Ace" (not the one which
mentioned the Sept./Oct. release, by the way).  Screen shots indicate that
if you select an external view, you can see the missiles which your plane
is carrying, and watch them launch.  Apparently 40 aircraft are simulated,
including oldies such as the F-4, newies such as the F-117 and biggies such
as the B-52.  There are also Soviet planes, including the Bear bomber.

 "Keyboard?  How quaint!" - M. Scott

 Adrian Hurt			     |	JANET:  adrian@uk.ac.hw.cs
 UUCP: ..!ukc!cs.hw.ac.uk!adrian     |  ARPA:   adrian@cs.hw.ac.uk

stevex@omx.UUCP (Steve Tibbett) (04/25/91)

In article <2744@odin.cs.hw.ac.uk> adrian@cs.hw.ac.uk (Adrian Hurt) writes:
>In article <15080014@hpmwmat.HP.COM> mikep@hpmwtd.HP.COM (Mike Powell) writes:
>Originally to be called "Hawk", Jez San's flight simulator is now named "Birds
>of Prey".  He originally wrote it on a PC with lots of add-ons (mostly extra
>memory) and then had to figure out what to cut out so it would run on an
>unmodified 1 MByte machine (PC, Amiga or ST).  I saw an article in a magazine
>which said it should be out in September or October this year; believe that if
>you want.

I believe it's been renamed "Birds of Prey".

--
   ...Steve Tibbett...bix=s.tibbett...Plink=STEVEX...BBS=613-731-3419...
              ...VirusX=4.01...Insert Disclaimer Here...