[comp.sys.amiga.games] GODS DEMO DISAPPEARED FROM AB20 !

buffa@yeu.inria.fr (Michel Buffa) (04/24/91)

The demo of the game GODS disappeared from ab20. I don't know why as this is
just a demo, without any copyright and only one level. Furthermore, I read in
English magazine that a lot of Public Domain associations propose it in the
disks they distribute. Maybe it has been removed because I posted a .dms file
of the disk that was sold with Amiga Format, maybe Amiga Format has a special
copyright on the other software that was on the same disk.

What I can do is to post a disk with just the GODS DEMO without the other
software.

Anyway, I can E-MAIL this demo to people interested, because I spent several
hours playing it and I still haven't finished the first level. The demo is
Giant !!! Better than many games that are sold. Anyway, I encourage evrybody
to run to the shop and buy the final game. It just appeared on the shops this
week in France.

Michel Buffa:       Projet Robotvis, INRIA, France

    Internet:       buffa@sardaigne.inria.fr
Surface Mail:       Michel BUFFA, INRIA - Sophia Antipolis,
                    2004, route des Lucioles, 06565 Valbonne Cedex -- FRANCE
 Voice phone:       (33) 93.65.78.39, Fax: (33) 93 65 77 65

ameiba@reed.UUCP (Keith Steiger) (04/25/91)

In article <11045@mirsa.inria.fr> buffa@mirsa.inria.fr writes:
>The demo of the game GODS disappeared from ab20. I don't know why as this is
>just a demo, without any copyright and only one level.

It merely moved.  ab20 is far more organized than it used to be, and things
which obviously belong in a category move into /amiga fairly quickly.

It moved to /amiga/games/gods1....  Please, people, when something is no
longer where you expect in /incoming, check /amiga.  Things aren't supposed
to stay in /incoming for long periods of time.

By the way, what happened to /amiga/graphics/images?  And are there any other
archives of IFF files around, or am I supposed to convert GIF files?

--
 Keith Steiger--ameiba@reed.edu--"I am what you see.  I cannot be otherwise."
  Disclaimer: Reed College tries very hard to ignore its students' opinions.

frank@morpheus.UUCP (Frank McPherson) (04/25/91)

In article <16354@reed.UUCP> ameiba@reed.UUCP (Keith Steiger) writes:
>In article <11045@mirsa.inria.fr> buffa@mirsa.inria.fr writes:
>
>It moved to /amiga/games/gods1....  Please, people, when something is no
>longer where you expect in /incoming, check /amiga.  Things aren't supposed
>to stay in /incoming for long periods of time.

--
Instead of just looking around the directory tree, why not take the short
amount of time it takes you to get FILES.Z?  Once you have that, you can

-- Frank McPherson		 INTERNET : emcphers@fox.cs.vt.edu	--
--				AmigaUUCP : uunet!vtserf!morpheus!frank --