[comp.sys.amiga.games] HELP! Chaos Strikes Back

e90mli@rigel.efd.lth.se (04/18/91)

I have almost completed the game but wonders about the following:

 What are the MAGNIFYING GLASS, ORANGE GEMS and the CHOKER good at?

How do you enter the DEATH ROW

  How do you come to the south-west corner on the junction level
  (I have a blank spot on my map)

Is there any skillfull player that knows the answers PLEASE drop a mail.

hnelson@osceola.cs.ucf.edu (Henry Nelson) (04/19/91)

In article <1991Apr18.134211.25516@lth.se> e90mli@rigel.efd.lth.se writes:
>I have almost completed the game but wonders about the following:
>
> What are the MAGNIFYING GLASS, ORANGE GEMS and the CHOKER good at?
>
>How do you enter the DEATH ROW
>
>  How do you come to the south-west corner on the junction level
>  (I have a blank spot on my map)
>
>Is there any skillfull player that knows the answers PLEASE drop a mail.

I would like to add another question.

I have gone through 3 paths to the DD and even beyond, but I haven't figured
out how to get the key that is surrounded by pits in Coutals level.

I have found the three buttons.
The first opens a wall so that you can go back to the teleporter.
The second opens a wall close to where the buttons are.
The third I don't know what to do.

I also haven't been able to figure out how to reach the emeralds.

I haven't been able to garnish any information from the Oracle that
I don't already know.

Thanks

Henry

pdc@lunch.wpd.sgi.com (Paul Close) (04/26/91)

hnelson@osceola.cs.ucf.edu (Henry Nelson) writes:
>e90mli@rigel.efd.lth.se writes:

>>I have almost completed the game but wonders about the following:
>>How do you enter the DEATH ROW

You don't need to, but there is a pit on one of the levels above that drops
you into death row.  There's a stone golem, and you need to throw things
through the grating in the door to get out.  Check your maps.  I don't
remember offhand, but it might be the pit in the room below the pit that the
three-headed monsters come out of.

>>  How do you come to the south-west corner on the junction level
>>  (I have a blank spot on my map)

I think that that is the very beginning of one of the "ways".  The one that
you get teleported into and out of.  I don't have my maps handy, so I'm
guessing.

>I have gone through 3 paths to the DD and even beyond, but I haven't figured
>out how to get the key that is surrounded by pits in Coutals level.

That is a tough part of the level.  I did it, though.  The oracle is
sensitive around here, but eventually I got the clues I needed.

>I have found the three buttons.
>The first opens a wall so that you can go back to the teleporter.
>The second opens a wall close to where the buttons are.
>The third I don't know what to do.

You mean the three buttons in the one alcove?  The scroll nearby shows A, B,
and C.  The buttons correspond to walls that open.  Look on your map, and
you should see.  Just push all of them.  You'll have to throw items over
pits to open new areas.

Write me for more help.

>I also haven't been able to figure out how to reach the emeralds.

You will :-)

>I haven't been able to garnish any information from the Oracle that
>I don't already know.

Very frustrating, to be sure.  I got badly stuck in the DDD on the thief
path.  I ended up at the exit for a different path.  I eventually solved it,
though.
--
Paul Close	     pdc@sgi.com	   ...!{ames, decwrl, uunet}!sgi!pdc

    Oh, no!  You walked into the slavering fangs of a lurking grue.