[comp.sys.amiga.games] WG Hockey

whites@unvax.union.edu (Shayne White) (04/25/91)

I've heard that Bethesda has released Wayne Gretsky Hockey Version 2 for
the IBM PC.  I haven't heard of an Amiga version (of the update).  Any
one know anything about this.  It is probably the same old "the Amiga
sales haven't warranted an upgrade" deal.  Frustrating, since the Amiga
version has so much more potential than an IBM version.  Bethesda should
implement a 3-d view, like a press box view.  I wrote them about this
and they said that this wasn't feasible due to them having to port to
the PC.  UGHHHHH!!!

Shayne White
(whites@unvax.union.edu)

jreeves@magnus.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Joe B Reeves) (04/25/91)

In article <1991Apr25.013705.6680@unvax.union.edu> whites@unvax.union.edu (Shayne White) writes:
>I've heard that Bethesda has released Wayne Gretsky Hockey Version 2 for
>the IBM PC.  I haven't heard of an Amiga version (of the update).  Any
>one know anything about this.  It is probably the same old "the Amiga
>sales haven't warranted an upgrade" deal.  Frustrating, since the Amiga
>version has so much more potential than an IBM version.  Bethesda should
>implement a 3-d view, like a press box view.  I wrote them about this
>and they said that this wasn't feasible due to them having to port to
>the PC.  UGHHHHH!!!
>
>Shayne White
>(whites@unvax.union.edu)

From what I have seen of the WGH2 IBM version, it look sthe same as the Great
One's Amiga Version. You're not missing out on much....
|Joe Reeves | The Ohio State University | jreeves@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu  |
|---Memo-to-myself.-Do-the-dumb-things-I-gotta-do.-Touch-the-puppet-head.----|
|    //               They Might Be Giants debut album.                      |

algoa@eecs.cs.pdx.edu (Gregory Bowers) (04/27/91)

jreeves@magnus.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Joe B Reeves) writes:

>From what I have seen of the WGH2 IBM version, it look sthe same as the Great
>One's Amiga Version. You're not missing out on much....
>--
>|Joe Reeves | The Ohio State University | jreeves@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu  |
>|---Memo-to-myself.-Do-the-dumb-things-I-gotta-do.-Touch-the-puppet-head.----|
>|    //               They Might Be Giants debut album.                      |

Someone I know told me that IBM Wayne Gretzky 2 is like the Amiga version 1.
He also said that Gretzky 2 (can I spell or waht?) :-) will be out for Amiga
by Christmas, and it should be MUCH better than the IBM Gretzky 2. Something
about doing the Amiga version to set the standard, then try get the IBM
version to be as good. Now there's an attitude I like.

While we're on the subject, Dynamix will be making the Red Baron for Amiga,
apparently they were looking for some good Amiga programmers to get some
Amiga specific code instead of straight port with inferior graphics (can you
say A-10 Tank Killer). BTW Stellar 7 is pretty good, nice and fast on a 3000,
definately playable on a 500.

Amiga is die beste! 'n IBM is 'n rekenaar? Die Mac is net 'n vrot appel!
Pacific Division Champs --- Watch this space for Blazer playoff updates!
algoa@eecs.cs.pdx.edu   Portland TrailBlazers 63-19 and in the playoffs!