[comp.sys.amiga.games] Immortal-LV2-StoneSequence

ia0i+@andrew.cmu.edu (Indu Tara Agarwal) (04/26/91)

I know this was asked some time ago, but our netnews server recently flaked
itself to a standstill.

What is the sequence/arrangement/sequence-animation required with the stone
and two red gems at the end of level 2?!?  I listened to the last words of
the dying Goblin king, but it didn't help much. (I've tried being systematic,
but it looks like there are 36! (36*35*34...*2*1) combinations possible,
and I _really_ don't feel like trying them all.  What he said about
"..right...left...center..." and the "stone...ground..." don't make much sense.

Actually, I'd even be interested if anyone has a walk-through for the game,
just in case I get horribly stuck at some later point, but for now I just want
a hint on this part...

Thanks a MILLION!   :-)

itch@cbnews.cb.att.com (richard.m.brack) (04/27/91)

*** SPOILERS ***  i guess....

In article <oc5vVq600WB28=PV8N@andrew.cmu.edu>, ia0i+@andrew.cmu.edu (Indu Tara Agarwal) writes:
> I know this was asked some time ago, but our netnews server recently flaked
> itself to a standstill.
>
> What is the sequence/arrangement/sequence-animation required with the stone
> and two red gems at the end of level 2?!?  I listened to the last words of
> the dying Goblin king, but it didn't help much.

Ahhh, but the Goblin King DID help.  The problem you having is not the
sequence, but the stone.  You need 3 gems.  The stone is used to aquire
the 3rd.

RichBrack
--
{ the itchman cometh   /-/         _          i don't want to be your angel }
{ itch@cbnews.att.com /-/        _|_|_          i want to be your witch!    }

pdc@lunch.wpd.sgi.com (Paul Close) (04/27/91)

ia0i+@andrew.cmu.edu (Indu Tara Agarwal) writes:
>What is the sequence/arrangement/sequence-animation required with the stone
>and two red gems at the end of level 2?!?  I listened to the last words of
>the dying Goblin king, but it didn't help much. (I've tried being systematic,
>but it looks like there are 36! (36*35*34...*2*1) combinations possible,
>and I _really_ don't feel like trying them all.  What he said about
>"..right...left...center..." and the "stone...ground..." don't make much sense.

Spoiler:
The left-most circle: put one gem in the right hole.
next circle: the left hole.
right-most circle: the center hole.

Like this:

*   O  O   *  *   *
  *      *      O
  *      *      *

The stone, etc. clue is that if you drop the stone where there are slimes,
they'll turn it into a gem.  That's important, 'cause you need all three
gems.

Interesting note:  I couldn't figure out the goblin's clue, but noticed that
the gems in the right hole made a different sounding click than in the wrong
hole.  That was enough to solve it quickly.

Elsewhere in the Immortal, too, you must remember that most directions are
with respect to you, the player, not the little animated guy on the screen.
Sometimes even w.r.t the joystick!

>Actually, I'd even be interested if anyone has a walk-through for the game,
>just in case I get horribly stuck at some later point, but for now I just want
>a hint on this part...

That would be nice... But don't look at me, I'm not anywhere near done. :-)
--
Paul Close	     pdc@sgi.com	   ...!{ames, decwrl, uunet}!sgi!pdc

    Oh, no!  You walked into the slavering fangs of a lurking grue.