[comp.sys.amiga.games] Shadow of the Beast II Help

Graham Jose <gbj@melb.bull.oz.au> (04/29/91)

Could someone please give me an idea of how to tackle the dog room. I always
end up getting trapped in there with the dog with no way out except death...
And speaking of death is there anyway to restart the game (other than
rebooting) with cheat mode active?

Thanks,

| Graham Jose, Snr Software Engineer (EFTPOS,Comms) |   Phone: 61 3 4200450 |
| Melbourne Development Centre	                    |   Fax:   61 3 4200445 |
| Bull HN Information Systems Australia Pty Ltd     |-----------------------|
| ACSnet  : gbj@bull.oz                             |  Who wants my opinion |
| Internet: gbj@melb.bull.oz.au                     |  anyway?              |

avatar@MAPLE.CIRCA.UFL.EDU (04/30/91)

>Could someone please give me an idea of how to tackle the dog room.
[deleted]
>And speaking of death is ther anyway to restart the game (other than
>rebooting) with cheat mode active?

1: Me too. I have gotten past the dog room all of four times. I thought I
needed to hit my lever first, and I could just drop in already swinging. But
I think this is wrong because it is not consistent. Anybody?

2: I don't think so. It makes the dog room a REAL pain.

AVATAR@maple.circa.ufl.edu

I don't know how to make a .sig and I don't know if this version will do it.

reynolds@iastate.edu (Reynolds Jesse Leonard) (05/01/91)

In article <28294@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> AVATAR%oak.decnet@pine.circa.ufl.edu writes:
>>Could someone please give me an idea of how to tackle the dog room.
>[deleted]
>>And speaking of death is ther anyway to restart the game (other than
>>rebooting) with cheat mode active?
>
>1: Me too. I have gotten past the dog room all of four times. I thought I
>needed to hit my lever first, and I could just drop in already swinging. But
>I think this is wrong because it is not consistent. Anybody?
>
>2: I don't think so. It makes the dog room a REAL pain.
>
>AVATAR@maple.circa.ufl.edu

	Hints!!

	For the dog room, you need the key from the far right.  Of course,
you should also get the potion and the six coins on the way.  When you get
back, go down the chain slowly, jump off to the left without waking the
gargoyle, and use the key to free the dog-beast.  Jump quickly back up to
the rope, and let the dog scare off the gargoyle.  Then, jump down when the dog
is at the far left, and flip the LOWER switch.  Again, jump up fast.  Now you
will be ready to go back to the boulder...

Jesse Reynolds  |  reynolds@iastate.edu