[comp.sys.amiga.games] Empire

tcrevier@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Chemistry???) (09/27/90)

I had a really old version of empire.  What does the newer version have?
Is it more like Strategic Conquest (for the Mac)?

-----> Tom Crevier        ----->  tcrevier@jarthur.claremont.edu
     Harvey Mudd                  TCREVIER@hmcvax.claremont.edu
     W I B S T R                  tcrevier@hmcvax.bitnet
"If you think you got it made, just revel in your selfish ways,
'cause when the world stops turning so will you!" - Bad Religion

thyssen@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au (Anthony Thyssen) (09/27/90)

tcrevier@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Chemistry???) writes:
>I had a really old version of empire.  What does the newer version have?
>Is it more like Strategic Conquest (for the Mac)?

   I have a version of empire - It is alot like Strategic Conquest
except for the following points
       1/ NO BOMBERS - Arrgg - I could use them though there expensive
       2/ I can't seem to group my forces
       3/ The only place armys can walk aver each other is in
         citys and troop transports.
       4/ It has a map editor - which is so horrid it is nearly unusable!
            You have to set each square individually - Arrhhhhggggg...

  Anthony Thyssen - (Dragon Computing!)         thyssen@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au
     The Butterfly Effect :-
        When a butterfly creating turbulence in England,
        can cause a typhoon in Hong Kong!            - "Chaos"

joseph@valnet.UUCP (Joseph P. Hillenburg) (09/27/90)

tcrevier@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Chemistry???) writes:

> I had a really old version of empire.  What does the newer version have?
> Is it more like Strategic Conquest (for the Mac)?
>
> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
> -----> Tom Crevier        ----->  tcrevier@jarthur.claremont.edu
>      Harvey Mudd                  TCREVIER@hmcvax.claremont.edu
>      W I B S T R                  tcrevier@hmcvax.bitnet
> "If you think you got it made, just revel in your selfish ways,
> 'cause when the world stops turning so will you!" - Bad Religion
> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Which Empire you talking about? I'm not sue of the commercial version,
but the PD version is 2.2w

-Joseph Hillenburg

UUCP: ...iuvax!valnet!joseph
ARPA: valnet!joseph@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu
INET: joseph@valnet.UUCP

thyssen@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au (Anthony Thyssen) (09/28/90)

joseph@valnet.UUCP (Joseph P. Hillenburg) writes:
>Which Empire you talking about? I'm not sue of the commercial version,
>but the PD version is 2.2w

  Just to clear things up here - There is two games both called EMPIRE

      1/ A Net-wide distrubuted multi-player game public domain game
     which involves developing full countries and attacking neibouring
     countries. This involves only the normal ascii characters for display.
     The game is basically a very long on going affair.

      2/ a strategic war game which has been around for years (commerical)
     which involves capturing individual (initially neutral) cities and
     having them produce armys, planes, and a large assortment of boats
     and subs, then attacking the enemy cities. winner being the last
     to survive (taken all enemy cities and destroyed all his armies).
     display consists of specially designed largish characters.

Joseph is thinking of empire 1  and  tcrevier of empire 2
I myself prefer empire 2 as it is simpler and more enjoyable.

  Anthony Thyssen - (Dragon Computing!)         thyssen@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au
             We only think, that computers think, we think!

dec@daves.SR.COM (David Compton) (09/30/90)

In article <5031@uqcspe.cs.uq.oz.au> thyssen@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au writes:

>joseph@valnet.UUCP (Joseph P. Hillenburg) writes:
>>Which Empire you talking about? I'm not sue of the commercial version,
>>but the PD version is 2.2w
>
>      1/ A Net-wide distrubuted multi-player game public domain game
>     which involves developing full countries and attacking neibouring
>     countries. This involves only the normal ascii characters for display.
>     The game is basically a very long on going affair.
>
>      2/ a strategic war game which has been around for years (commerical)
>     which involves capturing individual (initially neutral) cities and
>     having them produce armys, planes, and a large assortment of boats
>     and subs, then attacking the enemy cities. winner being the last
>     to survive (taken all enemy cities and destroyed all his armies).
>     display consists of specially designed largish characters.

  Just to clear things up here - There is three games both called EMPIRE

     3/ a strategic war game which has been around for years (Public Domain or
     Share ware for the IBM) which involves capturing individual (initially
     neutral) cities and having them produce armys, planes, and a large
     assortment of boats and subs, then attacking the enemy cities. winner
     being the last to survive (taken all enemy cities and destroyed all his
     armies).  Display consists of ansi graphics characters.

I too prefer Type 2 Since it is available for the amiga.  I have spent many
hours playing that game.

Is there any one out there that would be intrested in playing by email?

Thanks Dave
---
David Compton, INTERNET: dec@daves.SR.COM      (I speak for no one but myself.)
UUCP: {areas, jato, pyramid, sun, usc},!srhqla!daves!dec
UUCP: daves Any ACU 2400 +1 805 522 3964 ogin:-BREAK-ogin:-BREAK-ogin: nuucp
--
David Compton, INTERNET: dec@daves.SR.COM      (I speak for no one but myself.)
UUCP: {areas, jato, pyramid, sun, usc},!srhqla!daves!dec
UUCP: daves Any ACU 2400 +1 805 522 3964 ogin:-BREAK-ogin:-BREAK-ogin: nuucp

Nervid@cup.portal.com (Dave Dave Luke) (05/02/91)

Empire is fantastic!!!!