[comp.sys.amiga.games] GODS demo posted to ab20

buffa@yeu.inria.fr (Michel Buffa) (04/21/91)

I just uploaded a playable demo of the first level of GODS, the very last game
written by "The Bitmap Brothers", authors of CADAVER, PEEDBALL II, XENON I and
II...

I put it in /incoming/amiga/games

The disks is very long to boot (1 or 2 minutes of unpacking) but it worth the
time. The final game is out now, and is excellent.

By the way, there also PD softwares on the disk. You can access them through
workbench.

The demo disk is the one distributed freely with the last issue of Amiga
Format. Enjoy !!!

Michel Buffa:       Projet Robotvis, INRIA, France

    Internet:       buffa@sardaigne.inria.fr
Surface Mail:       Michel BUFFA, INRIA - Sophia Antipolis,
                    2004, route des Lucioles, 06565 Valbonne Cedex -- FRANCE
 Voice phone:       (33) 93.65.78.39, Fax: (33) 93 65 77 65

cs326ag@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Loren J. Rittle) (04/22/91)

In article <10965@mirsa.inria.fr> buffa@mirsa.inria.fr writes:
>I just uploaded a playable demo of the first level of GODS, the very last game
>written by "The Bitmap Brothers", authors of CADAVER, PEEDBALL II, XENON I and
>II...

When you say `last,' do you mean their latest or the last one they will ever
make?  Man, I'm going to run out and buy this puppy --- it is great! (And
I don't play games much anymore...)  I wonder if the CP will work on my
'030 machine...  The demo runs fine, but more than one game gets hosed
when they give it to the CP expert!

Are the other works by "The Bitmap Brothers" as good as this demo
appears?

>Michel Buffa:       Projet Robotvis, INRIA, France

Loren J. Rittle
--
``The Amiga continues to amaze me--if I had not been told that this video was
  created using the Amiga and Toaster, I would not have believed it.  Even

6600prao@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Parik Rao) (04/22/91)

 I haven't kept up with the Bitmap Brothers (cadaver hasn't even
arrived at the local store :(, can you tell me why they're bailing?  Is
it just out of the amiga scene or computing in general?  Speedball and
Xenon I/II are/were classics, loved their games...

--
Apple II Forever |       6600prao@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu      | IBMs get the job done
Parik Rao       |      Amiga - for the creative mind     |        Class of 1994

colas@lemur.inria.fr (Colas Nahaboo) (04/22/91)

In article <1991Apr21.223421.28633@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>, cs326ag@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
(Loren J. Rittle) writes:
> When you say `last,' do you mean their latest or the last one they will ever
> make?

no, he meant just the latest. The Bitmap Brothers have no announced plans for
quitting.

> Are the other works by "The Bitmap Brothers" as good as this demo
> appears?

definitively. The bitmap brothers have class!

--
Colas Nahaboo, colas@sa.inria.fr, Bull Research, Koala Project, GWM X11 WM
Phone:(33) 93.65.77.70(.66 Fax), INRIA, B.P.109 - 06561 Valbonne Cedex, FRANCE.

buffa@yeu.inria.fr (Michel Buffa) (04/22/91)

In article <1991Apr21.223421.28633@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>, cs326ag@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Loren J. Rittle) writes:
> In article <10965@mirsa.inria.fr> buffa@mirsa.inria.fr writes:
> >I just uploaded a playable demo of the first level of GODS, the very last game
> >written by "The Bitmap Brothers", authors of CADAVER, PEEDBALL II, XENON I and
> >II...
>
> When you say `last,' do you mean their latest or the last one they will ever
> make?  Man, I'm going to run out and buy this puppy --- it is great! (And
> I don't play games much anymore...)  I wonder if the CP will work on my
> '030 machine...  The demo runs fine, but more than one game gets hosed
> when they give it to the CP expert!

I meant their latest. They are currently working on a kind of Mario Bros game
called "Magic Pocket"

> Are the other works by "The Bitmap Brothers" as good as this demo
> appears?

XENON I : good, but unplayable after level one.
SPEEDBALL I : excellent !
XENON II: very good shoot'em'up
CADAVER: In my opinion it's the best adventure game I ever played
SPEEDBALL II: One of the best sport games available. Nuch better than
	      SPEEDBALL I.
GODS: Fantastic. I just played the final version, and it's very good. I just
played the first two worlds, they are also in the demo, but the main
differences are:

	    -It loads much quicker than the demo
	    -It gives codes not to start at level 1 all the time
	    -It comes in two disks, the 2nd one is not copy protected (it is
	    the one where the scores and the codes are saved), and in the
	    documentation it is recommended to make a backup. Great !
	    -There are many secret lever, secret lives that appear when you
	    jump in a particular place...
	    -More music too.

	    -It is rather complex to complete level 2 !!!

Michel Buffa:       Projet Robotvis, INRIA, France

    Internet:       buffa@sardaigne.inria.fr
Surface Mail:       Michel BUFFA, INRIA - Sophia Antipolis,
                    2004, route des Lucioles, 06565 Valbonne Cedex -- FRANCE
 Voice phone:       (33) 93.65.78.39, Fax: (33) 93 65 77 65

miller@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu (Geoffrey M. Miller) (04/22/91)

How do you figure that the Bitmap Brothers are finished?  I know that
they are working on two projects currently unreleased: Magic Pockets
and Cadaver Data ...

Geoff Miller
University of Illinois

jamie@heavy.enet.dec.com (04/22/91)

The Bitmap brothers aren't bailing out! I think Michel meant "latest".
If the BB's pulled out of the games market there'd be riots in suburbia
worldwide!

It's very typical, standard-wise, of the Bitmaps. Everything they've
done has been pretty well perfect. They tend to tackle a different area
of the games market with each release, too. They hit the standard
scrolling shoot-em-ups with Xenon I and II. They hit the Isometric
adventures with Cadaver, Platform games with GODS, two player
football-type game with Speedball and Speedball II. What next ? If they
produce a 3D space game like Elite it'll be a great experience!

Cheers,

				Jamie.

uzun@pnet01.cts.com (Roger Uzun) (04/22/91)

[]
I have no ftp access,  is there any way for me to get the
GODS demo?
_Roger

UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!pnet01!uzun
ARPA: crash!pnet01!uzun@nosc.mil
INET: uzun@pnet01.cts.com

jamie@heavy.enet.dec.com (04/22/91)

I think we should expect a Cadaver "mission" disk from the bitmaps
sometime, too. The game seems geared for just that. I loved that game! I
played it through to level four but the going got too tough. That was on
my old ST. I then got an Amiga and as a result had to kiss goodbye to
Cadaver. I'll probably get it sometime when my pockets aren't so burnt
from buying the Amiga and finish it. Highly recommended!

Cheers,

				Jamie.

caw@miroc.Chi.IL.US (Christopher A. Wichura) (04/23/91)

In article <1991Apr22.105158.26630@hollie.rdg.dec.com> jamie@heavy.enet.dec.com writes:
>It's very typical, standard-wise, of the Bitmaps. Everything they've
>done has been pretty well perfect. They tend to tackle a different area

Hardly.  So far, not one game of theirs has worked on an A3000.  Not even
SpeedBall II, which came out after the release of the A3000.  I haven't
seen GODS, though...  But I'm not holding my breath about it, either.

#include <stdeuroslam.h>

-=> CAW

Christopher A. Wichura                Multitasking.  Just DO it.
caw@miroc.chi.il.us  (my amiga)                          ...the Amiga way...
u12401@uicvm.uic.edu (school account)

slewis@sugar.hackercorp.com (Steve Lewis) (04/23/91)

In article <10972@mirsa.inria.fr>, buffa@yeu.inria.fr (Michel Buffa) writes:
> CADAVER: In my opinion it's the best adventure game I ever played
> SPEEDBALL II: One of the best sport games available. Nuch better than
> 	      SPEEDBALL I.
> GODS: Fantastic. I just played the final version, and it's very good. I just
> played the first two worlds, they are also in the demo, but the main
> differences are:

Mr Buffa, thanks very much for uploading that demo! Gods is very
impressive, if not very groundbreaking.  Its comparable in my mind to The
Killing Game Show for that kind of game.  Are there similar demos for
Speedball II or Cadaver available?

jamie@heavy.enet.dec.com (04/23/91)

There are no demos for Speedball 2 but I have a demo level of Cadaver
that I can upload. I'll try to remember tonight.

Cheers,

				Jamie.

jamie@sievax.enet.dec.com (Jamie Badman) (04/24/91)

In article <caw.9413@miroc.Chi.IL.US>, caw@miroc.Chi.IL.US (Christopher
A. Wichura) writes:
>From: caw@miroc.Chi.IL.US (Christopher A. Wichura)
>Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.games
>Subject: Re:  GODS demo posted to ab20
>Date: 23 Apr 91 06:46:16 GMT
>
>In article <1991Apr22.105158.26630@hollie.rdg.dec.com>
>jamie@heavy.enet.dec.com writes:
>>It's very typical, standard-wise, of the Bitmaps. Everything they've
>>done has been pretty well perfect. They tend to tackle a different
>area
>
>Hardly.  So far, not one game of theirs has worked on an A3000.  Not
>even
>SpeedBall II, which came out after the release of the A3000.  I
>haven't
>seen GODS, though...  But I'm not holding my breath about it, either.
>
>#include <stdeuroslam.h>
>
>-=> CAW
>
>Christopher A. Wichura                Multitasking.  Just DO it.
>caw@miroc.chi.il.us  (my amiga)                          ...the Amiga
>way...
>u12401@uicvm.uic.edu (school account)

I think you misunderstood me. I mean that in terms of graphics, sound
and gameplay their productions are excellent and near perfect. Just
because they don't write software for a particular platform doesn't make
it any less so.

I read a long article about the new productions, Magic Pockets and the
Cadaver levels disk in a new Amiga games mag last night. They reckon
that the levels disk will be much improved in terms of graphics and
puzzles and that they can keep on producing level disks so long as
people buy them! I think it would be nice if they produced level disks
for different environments; space, jungle, underwater etc. The set could
be a great collection. Magic pockets is pretty well near completion.
It's about some kid with bottomless pockets who decides to take a look
in them one day to recover a load of toys. The Bitmaps imply that the
game "Brat" has "borrowed" many ideas from preview versions of MP (MP
has appeared on a saturday morning kids show in another form for a
while, apparently).

				Jamie.

n298ad@tamuts.tamu.edu (John Jordan) (04/24/91)

	It Seems the ab20 archives have been reorganized, can someone
tell me where and what the exact name is for this Gods Demo?
thanx.

uzun@pnet01.cts.com (Roger Uzun) (04/25/91)

[]
Just because the do not write for a particular platform, Jamie Badman
says.  The A3000 is an Amiga, the bitmap brothers alledgedly write
AMIGA software.  When one writes AMIGA software is runs on all AMIGAS.
When one writes software that runs on some amigas, namely a500's with
512k of CHIP RAM and 1 floppy, and no accelerator, for example,
one is not writing for the AMIGA platform, merely for a subset of
machines out there.

There is no excuse at this stage for software that does not
support all standard amigas, programs written in 1985 do it.
To ignore accelerated machines, is pure laziness.

jamie@sievax.enet.dec.com (Jamie Badman) (04/25/91)

In article <8805@crash.cts.com>, uzun@pnet01.cts.com (Roger Uzun)
writes:
>From: uzun@pnet01.cts.com (Roger Uzun)
>Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.games
>Subject: Re:  GODS demo posted to ab20
>Date: 25 Apr 91 02:16:01 GMT
>Sender: root@crash.cts.com
>
>[]
>Just because the do not write for a particular platform, Jamie Badman
>says.  The A3000 is an Amiga, the bitmap brothers alledgedly write
>AMIGA software.  When one writes AMIGA software is runs on all AMIGAS.
>When one writes software that runs on some amigas, namely a500's with
>512k of CHIP RAM and 1 floppy, and no accelerator, for example,
>one is not writing for the AMIGA platform, merely for a subset of
>machines out there.
>
>There is no excuse at this stage for software that does not
>support all standard amigas, programs written in 1985 do it.
>To ignore accelerated machines, is pure laziness.
>
>-Roger
>
>UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!pnet01!uzun
>ARPA: crash!pnet01!uzun@nosc.mil
>INET: uzun@pnet01.cts.com

No, the platform they are writing for is the basic Amiga 500; the mass
market. In Europe the majority of Amigas sold are A500 machines. They
are in business; why should they spend their time making the games run
on all the possible configurations of the machine if they stand to make
little, if any, extra income from doing so ? I guess a reasonable
assumption is that the more powerful an Amiga configuration the more
likely it is that it's owner is more interested in using it for serious
purposes. The basic A500 user is interested, on the whole, in games and
that's what the Bitmaps deal in.

Sure, it would be nice if the software ran on everything, but these guys
are trying to make a living.

And all this doesn't detract from the fact that this entire discussion
stemmed from a misunderstanding, on your part, from my initial
statement.

				Jamie.

manes@vger.nsu.edu ((Mark D. Manes), Norfolk State University) (04/26/91)

In article <1991Apr25.094718.905@hollie.rdg.dec.com>, jamie@sievax.enet.dec.com (Jamie Badman) writes:
> In article <8805@crash.cts.com>, uzun@pnet01.cts.com (Roger Uzun)
> writes:
>>There is no excuse at this stage for software that does not
>>support all standard amigas, programs written in 1985 do it.
>>To ignore accelerated machines, is pure laziness.

AGREE!

>>-Roger
>>
>>UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!pnet01!uzun
>>ARPA: crash!pnet01!uzun@nosc.mil
>>INET: uzun@pnet01.cts.com
>>

> No, the platform they are writing for is the basic Amiga 500; the mass
> market. In Europe the majority of Amigas sold are A500 machines. They
> are in business; why should they spend their time making the games run
> on all the possible configurations of the machine if they stand to make
> little, if any, extra income from doing so ? I guess a reasonable

Uh, because that will increase their market??  Uh, perhaps there is
no real reason for it not to run on A3000s except laziness?

I dare anyone to say "They had to write code that would only run on the
68000 -- to release the real power of the Amiga".

It doesn't wash.  There are _no mysteries_ when writing software for
all of the Amiga platforms.  Ignoring the accelerated Amiga is very
very stupid.

> assumption is that the more powerful an Amiga configuration the more
> likely it is that it's owner is more interested in using it for serious
> purposes. The basic A500 user is interested, on the whole, in games and
> that's what the Bitmaps deal in.
>
> Sure, it would be nice if the software ran on everything, but these guys
> are trying to make a living.
>
> And all this doesn't detract from the fact that this entire discussion
> stemmed from a misunderstanding, on your part, from my initial
> statement.

And this coming from a fella that works at Digital, where they pride
themselves on having ONE software platform called VMS...

> 				Jamie.

 -mark=

 +--------+   ==================================================
 | \/     |   Mark D. Manes   "Mr. AmigaVision,  The 32 bit guy"
 | /\  \/ |   manes@vger.nsu.edu
 |     /  |   (804) 683-2532    "Make up your own mind! - AMIGA"
 +--------+   ==================================================

bconnor@hpuxa.acs.ohio-state.edu (Beverly B. Connor) (04/27/91)

	Ok, Ok, no insults please, but what does the .dms 'fix on the GODS demos off ab20
mean? Is that some version of Warp or something else. Do tell...
Thanks a kk (Million)
-CC
bconnor@hpuxa.acs.ohio-state.edu

*  /\   /\  /\  | /~_  /\  __ | /\ /\ /\        The proud and the few.      *
* /~~\ /  \/  \ | \_/ /~~\    | \/ \/ \/   bconnor@hpuxa.acs.ohio-state.edu *

david@starsoft.hou.tx.us (Dave Lowrey) (04/27/91)

In article <1991Apr25.094718.905@hollie.rdg.dec.com> jamie@sievax.enet.dec.com (Jamie Badman) writes:

> >Just because the do not write for a particular platform, Jamie Badman
> >says.  The A3000 is an Amiga, the bitmap brothers alledgedly write
> >AMIGA software.  When one writes AMIGA software is runs on all AMIGAS.
> >When one writes software that runs on some amigas, namely a500's with
> >512k of CHIP RAM and 1 floppy, and no accelerator, for example,
> >one is not writing for the AMIGA platform, merely for a subset of
> >machines out there.
> >
> >There is no excuse at this stage for software that does not
> >support all standard amigas, programs written in 1985 do it.
> >To ignore accelerated machines, is pure laziness.
> >
> >-Roger
> >
> >UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!pnet01!uzun
> >ARPA: crash!pnet01!uzun@nosc.mil
> >INET: uzun@pnet01.cts.com
> >

> No, the platform they are writing for is the basic Amiga 500; the mass
> market. In Europe the majority of Amigas sold are A500 machines. They
> are in business; why should they spend their time making the games run
> on all the possible configurations of the machine if they stand to make
> little, if any, extra income from doing so ? I guess a reasonable
> assumption is that the more powerful an Amiga configuration the more
> likely it is that it's owner is more interested in using it for serious
> purposes. The basic A500 user is interested, on the whole, in games and
> that's what the Bitmaps deal in.
>
> Sure, it would be nice if the software ran on everything, but these guys
> are trying to make a living.

Why should it cost more to develop for multiple platforms?

The RKM's clearly state the rules for developing "machine independant"
code. If the developers would follow those rules, then their applications
would automatically run on all Amigas, without any extra work needed.

In fact, they now have a larger potential customer base, without any
extra cost or work!

There is absolutely no excuse for a program to run on a 500, and not
run on a 2X00 or 3000!

These words be mine. The company doesn't care, because I am the company! :-)

      Dave Lowrey        |  david@starsoft.hou.tx.us
Starbound Software Group |
      Houston, TX        | "Dare to be stupid!" -- Weird Al Yankovic

sss10@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Grouchy Smurf) (04/28/91)

In article <889.2817fd72@vger.nsu.edu> manes@vger.nsu.edu ((Mark D. Manes), Norfolk State University) writes:
>In article <1991Apr25.094718.905@hollie.rdg.dec.com>, jamie@sievax.enet.dec.com (Jamie Badman) writes:
>> In article <8805@crash.cts.com>, uzun@pnet01.cts.com (Roger Uzun)
>> writes:
>>>There is no excuse at this stage for software that does not
>>>support all standard amigas, programs written in 1985 do it.
>>>To ignore accelerated machines, is pure laziness.
>
>AGREE!
>

>>>-Roger
>>>
>>>UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!pnet01!uzun
>>>ARPA: crash!pnet01!uzun@nosc.mil
>>>INET: uzun@pnet01.cts.com
>>>

>> No, the platform they are writing for is the basic Amiga 500; the mass
>> market. In Europe the majority of Amigas sold are A500 machines. They
>> are in business; why should they spend their time making the games run
>> on all the possible configurations of the machine if they stand to make
>> little, if any, extra income from doing so ? I guess a reasonable
>
>Uh, because that will increase their market??  Uh, perhaps there is
>no real reason for it not to run on A3000s except laziness?
>
>I dare anyone to say "They had to write code that would only run on the
>68000 -- to release the real power of the Amiga".
>
>It doesn't wash.  There are _no mysteries_ when writing software for
>all of the Amiga platforms.  Ignoring the accelerated Amiga is very
>very stupid.

Why Why Why Why Why is it that a company that makes games for Messy Dos
machines or ever M*cs always make the games "normal" in the sence that
they are HD mountable and will run on most of the platforms but when the
same company makes a version for the amiga the game doesnt multitask, doesnt
mount on a HD, doesnt work on an 030 or under 2.0 or both???

You can tell me all about all the 500's in Europe but I still wonder why
companies will make an OS friendly game for other platforms but not for
the amiga, using lame excuses like "most amigas are unexpanded 500's...."

I have a 500 with 1 meg of ram. I do not multitask much because of that
constraint. I dont have a HD. However I plan to expand my system <or just get a
2000 and do the same> and when I do, I want all of my software to do what I
want it to do, mainly multitask since I will have the memory. It is lazy
programming that prevents me from buying anymore games that wont do the
above tasks. <Ok I will buy Nuclear War and Populous but at least they
are HD mountable I think.>

uzun@pnet01.cts.com (Roger Uzun) (04/29/91)

[]
I was wrong, the GODS demo did run on my a3000, it just takes a long
time to decompress and I thought it went south.

GREAT looking game, does anyone know how to get past the maces that
move up and down to the right of the screen?

-Roger

UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!pnet01!uzun
ARPA: crash!pnet01!uzun@nosc.mil
INET: uzun@pnet01.cts.com

set@phobos.cis.ksu.edu (Steve E Tietze ) (04/29/91)

I just downloaded the Gods demo from ab20 from amiga/demos/commercial
Gods.lzh.  and when I uncompressed it and run Gods I always get a system
crash.  Has anyone had this happen?  If so what should I do.
If theirs a Gods.dms I would rather have that one.

Please respond via Email

set@phobos.cis.ksu.edu

briang@sdd.hp.com (Brian Gragg) (04/29/91)

In article <8893@crash.cts.com> uzun@pnet01.cts.com (Roger Uzun) writes:
>[]
>I was wrong, the GODS demo did run on my a3000, it just takes a long
>time to decompress and I thought it went south.
>
>GREAT looking game, does anyone know how to get past the maces that
>move up and down to the right of the screen?
>
>-Roger

Move the joystick up (so the guy faces away from you) and press the fire
button to activate the lever.  The lever is right in front of the maces.
There are a few different looking switches/levers to be found in the game.

Brian.

  Brian Gragg    briang@sdd.hp.com   hp-sdd!briang  uunet!ucsd!hp-sdd!briang

jamie@sievax.enet.dec.com (Jamie Badman) (04/29/91)

> [...]
>and
>> that's what the Bitmaps deal in.
>>
>> Sure, it would be nice if the software ran on everything, but these
>guys
>> are trying to make a living.
>>
>> And all this doesn't detract from the fact that this entire
>discussion
>> stemmed from a misunderstanding, on your part, from my initial
>> statement.
>
>And this coming from a fella that works at Digital, where they pride
>themselves on having ONE software platform called VMS...
>

>> 				Jamie.
>
> -mark=
>
> +--------+   ==================================================
>> | \/     |   Mark D. Manes   "Mr. AmigaVision,  The 32 bit guy"
> | /\  \/ |   manes@vger.nsu.edu
>> |     /  |   (804) 683-2532    "Make up your own mind! - AMIGA"

OK So I'm wrong! Christ I've only had my Amiga for 3 weeks so I wasn't
aware of how similar the A3000 was to the A500 (I still don't but I
assume (perhaps incorrectly? Dunno) that you guys know what you're
talking about).

But I'm suprised that even here people feel that they have to resort to
snide comments in with otherwise very reasonable postings. "And this
coming from a guy who works for Digital who pride themselves on having
ONE software platform called VMS". Snide, below the belt, uncalled for
and completely and utterly WRONG. If you're going to hurl cheap insults
at least hurl the right ones!

Oh yeah, and in case you hadn't realised, I don't represent the company
and its policies; I simply work for them. I mean I could just as easily
respond to your posting by saying something like "and unresearched and
knowledgeless statements like this from a guy who works at a
University!". But I realise that would be stupid, so I won't bother!

Anyway, hot fiery stuff over, if it's really easy to write stuff for all
the Amiga configurations and it doesn't cost any more time to do so then
fine. If it costs time then for a game, which I see the main users as
being A500 owners, I don't think it would be worthwhile. I should have
said that in the first place; that's really what I meant.

...and to think that all this came from a misquote!

Cheers,

				Jamie.

brett@visix.com (Brett Bourbin) (04/30/91)

In article <david.0899@starsoft.hou.tx.us>, david@starsoft.hou.tx.us (Dave Lowrey) writes:
> In article <1991Apr25.094718.905@hollie.rdg.dec.com> jamie@sievax.enet.dec.com (Jamie Badman) writes:
> > No, the platform they are writing for is the basic Amiga 500; the mass
> > market.

> Why should it cost more to develop for multiple platforms?
> The RKM's clearly state the rules for developing "machine independant"
> code.

Please, lets not start this again!  Yes, we know that some game developers have a very
narrow view of what the Amiga market is.  Their market does not include my A3000, but does
include the A500 with no options.

We are NOT going to change their minds here.  They, themselves by their decision, are very
narrow minded and don't think about the future.  Let them be.  They will be out of business
if they stay in that direction, IMHO.  The good ones with learn, the bad ones will die.

End of story.
--
                                __
  Brett Bourbin          \  / /(_  /\/   11440 Commerce Park Drive

jshen@eeserv1.ic.sunysb.edu (Jiayao Shen) (05/02/91)

In article <1991Apr29.035100.21185@sdd.hp.com> briang@sdd.hp.com (Brian Gragg) writes:
>In article <8893@crash.cts.com> uzun@pnet01.cts.com (Roger Uzun) writes:
>>[]
>>I was wrong, the GODS demo did run on my a3000, it just takes a long
>>time to decompress and I thought it went south.
>>
>>GREAT looking game, does anyone know how to get past the maces that
>>move up and down to the right of the screen?
>>
>>-Roger
>>

>Move the joystick up (so the guy faces away from you) and press the fire
>button to activate the lever.  The lever is right in front of the maces.
>There are a few different looking switches/levers to be found in the game.
>
>Brian.

I asked the same question before and got a lot of solutions(same as
this one), and I tried all possible ways.  The damn guy just didn't
touch that lever.  After the first continue, I couldn't find that
lever again.  So I quit after couple hour's trying.

What is wrong with it?  Did I get a corrupted copy of demo?
The lever is to the right of maces and it is just below the ceiling.
I can jump to that lever.  When I press the fire button while facing
the lever, nothing happen.  I tried to hold the fire button and move
the joystick all around, still it stays there.

Help!

jshen
||          //||         __      ||  * I WANT MORE GAMES FOR MY AMIGA *    ||
||      \\//  || |  | | \_T /--\ ||  jshen@csserv1.ic.sunysb.edu           ||