[comp.sys.amiga.games] Secrets of Gods demo revealed: *!CAUTION!*

PFREY%drew.bitnet@pucc.princeton.edu (05/03/91)

Caution!  Spoiler follows!

I have still to find out how to get the bag of gold from the teleportation
room to the left, or how to locate that 'unattainable lever.'

Never the less, here is what I wrote:

>These are the 'secret' things I've found (had help on a couple of them):
>
>1) how to get to the teleportation diamond (the one right above where you
>   start.
>2) the first treasure chest
>3) Clever bonus
>4) both health/extra lives bonus
>5) the second monster attraction potion (why we need the second is beyond me)
>6) realized you ought to open the chest in the crypt (didn't notice it for
>   a while, though it's really not very secret)
>7) how to make sure the spike gets set up to the right of the teleportation
>   room door, not the left.
>

>If there are any additional 'secrets,' I'd love to hear from you!

Step by step instructions follow:

Move to your right all the way.
Turn left.
Hit the two monsters with knives.
Get two diamonds

Climb ladder, but don't go all the way to the top.
Fire while aiming to the right.
get off ladder, get fruit

Go all the way to the right of the platform
jump off (make sure you won't land on the monster)
knife it.
pull down lever.
put lever up again (step 1 for getting teleportation gem)
get diamond, get gold

climb ladder
do not go all the way up
make sure head is below the level the monster spits fire
knife it while still on ladder
get gem

ignore lever; you need the key
go all the way to the left until the three monsters appear
get back on ladder
go all the way to the top of ladder
knife them from there

Jump onto next ledge, turn immediately to the right
knife the two birds
get off platform; get gem and knife upgrade

get on platform; get gem
ease to the left until 3 birds appear
knife them.

move all the way to the left
turn immediately to the right
knife the two monsters that appear
get diamond they leave

head back to the left.
knife the two monsters when they are right at the edge
do this when you're as close as possible to them and can still throw knives
immediately jump up and get the diamond they leave before it disappears
while jumping, hit fire button so you can knife the monster above and to your
left.

jump onto platform on upper right
move slowly to the right
knife the 3 monsters and 1 bird that appear (they appear in that order)
get treasures
move back to the left and pull down lever (leave this lever down until later;
it will be referred to as 'L3' later)

jump to the left and get diamond and key

pull down lever.
put lever back up (step 2 to get teleportation gem)

enter armory
go no further than the knife
immediately fire to the right with out moving right
you should get the fire spitting face without being attacked
get the skull, key, and fireball icon
leave armory

Get onto the left platform
keep going to the left
get onto the next left platform
then get onto right platform (the one with the highest lever so far)
get to right edge of that platform

jump up and to the right
stay on left edge of that platform
hit the first bird coming at you from the right
immediately turn to the left and get the two birds coming from the left
go down and get the treasures they drop

Get back up to the platform
keep going to the right and hit the fire spitting face
make sure you duck if it spits fire at you

Go up ladder
cautiously head to the left.
as soon as the monsters appear, get the two coming from your right
immediately turn to the left and get those coming from that direction
get the treasures

ignore the first lever
pull down the second (middle of the three) lever
get the treasures
ignore the other levers and go back down to lever 'L3.'
put the lever back up
go down to the teleport room
kill the one monster from above
get the treasures

you will be teleported up
head to your right
pull down the up levers, killing whatever monsters appear
after the third lever is down, a treasure chest will appear
get the key and walk over it
make sure no treasures go through the floor - try to get them when
they are still in the air
go down if they go through the floor

go to the left
get the spitting face from below (your arced weapons should reach that high

climb the ladder until your head is below the level of the fire the monster
on the right spits
knife it

open treasure room
get everything within
leave treasure room
climb ladder and destroy the two monsters as outlined above
go to shop door
pull lever
enter room

Bonus should appear
if all is going well, you ought to have around 29050 by now
go half way to the potion
drop everything you have - you can pick it up later and you need the space
to hold what you buy (if you play it safe)

You ought to have 17185 points if all went well
buy 3 shields if you want to play it safe

        *or*

buy 1 life, 1 shield, and density/food depending on your need if you're real
good and want max points (you get points for extra lives) Note: in this case
you need not drop anything prior to entering shop

exit shop
climb ladder
deal with the creatures to the left first
do this by jumping onto the first pedestal to get a further ->
jump up to the upper left...as you do this, a creature will appear.
knife it fast
when on the next higher platform, a monster will appear from the right of
the platform
knife it.
jump down and get those on your right first
if you have more than one shield, use it before entering here
get the key (and, of course, all treasures)

deal with the creatures on your right
kill the first two, but after getting the shield, go down to where the potion
for summoning the shop keeper was
let the third one go all the way to the left, then
follow it to the right
make sure when you knife it, it is to the right of the lever for
the teleport room.
also get the fire spitting face
go into the teleport room
Note: as you were following the third monster, an extra lives bonus should have
fallen on you

go to the right side of the teleport room first
ignore the monster attracting potion for now
pull the lever
now is the time to use a shield, as the monsters use fireballs
destroy them
get all treasures
pull down the lever all the way to the left
ignore the middle one
pull down the lever all the way to the right

pick up the potion
go to the gem all the way to the left
pull the lever
drop the potion under the platform, or anywhere else; just make sure the
monster doesn't fall on you!
get the urn and potion
pull the lever for the gem

leave the teleportation room
a clever bonus gem should fall on you.  if not, keep edging to the right
until it does

drop the potion outside of the room
walk to the left
a second potion should drop
(I have no idea why you need ANY potions at this point...perhaps only points)

go past the ladder to the left
jump up to the platform where the -> appeared
edge all the way as far as you can to the right of that platform
jump up and to the right to get to the crypt door
if you presently are carrying all three items, a key will fall
this is a tricky part here
if you still have a shield, use it now

As you move to the right,
a monster will appear from the right
you can knife it and still have time to duck its fire spit
then, two birds will appear to your left
turn and knife them

as you proceed slowly to the right,
another bird from the left will appear
quickly turn and knife it
keep going to the right

another bird will appear from the right
as soon as it does, rush back to the left, quickly turn
to the right, and knife it
if you stay still while it approaches, it will come down upon you from above
where you'd have to jump to hit it.  but jumping would put you forwards and
more birds would appear

keep going to the right
a health will appear, as well as another bird
this one goes low
also, as above, quickly move to the left as soon you get the health
then turn and knife it

Make a running start to the skull.
land on it...
this will nuke the birds, but knife them anyways just to be sure
don't stop when you hit the skull
keep running to the right so that all birds get nuked
(assuming you want max points, of course.  if not, you can unlock the
door and ignore all the extra birds)

There should be no more monsters now.

get all three items into the crypt
you'll need to drop one to get the key, but when the key is used, you
can gather all three
when you enter with all three, treasure should fall
open the treasure chest for max points
get all treasures

After the crypt door is opened, a health icon will drop to the right of
the door when you walk to the right edge.

There is a hidden room I just now discovered!!!

look for the stones that seem irregular
push those in
there should be two; one where you dealt with the creature to the left
and one where you dealt with the creatures to the right
push those in, and make sure all levers are up
a hidden room should appear to the right of that spike; behind the fire
spitting face
go down, and discover simple treasures for yourself!  You can finish with
a total of (count them!) *8* lives!

I finished with 108917 points, my highest ever...I will get back to
all with more solutions, if any appears.

                                                - PFREY@DREW.BITNET

*/ I know this is hastily written, but if you've been over the demo a few
times, it should make more sense.  Write, by all means, if you have any
questions or contributions!