[comp.sys.amiga.games] That unattainable lever in Gods

PFREY%drew.bitnet@pucc.princeton.edu (05/02/91)

Well, this 'unreachable lever' intrigues me.  I've followed the advice
of those who pointed it out, but still can find none.  I believe
a sketch would be best:

          L1            ---------------------------
                  |---|             L2  |  Shop
                  |___|                 |
                  |___|  ----------------------
                  |___|  |
        |___|            ------|------------------
Fire    |   |    ________   L3 |  treasure room
spitting|___|    |      |______|
face

Now, Levers 2-3 (L2-L3) I can find.  L1, however, is not present.  There is a
block there that _looks_ like it could be a backing for a lever, but none is
there.  Perhaps I am looking in the wrong place?  Or...perhaps my demo is
incomplete.  Whatever the case, I'd like to know the answer.

                                        - PFREY@DREW.BITNET

gfm@mole.gnu.ai.mit.edu (George) (05/03/91)

In article <52451@nigel.ee.udel.edu> PFREY%drew.bitnet@pucc.princeton.edu writes:
>Well, this 'unreachable lever' intrigues me.  I've followed the advice
>of those who pointed it out, but still can find none.  I believe
>a sketch would be best:
>

>          L1            ---------------------------
>                  |---|             L2  |  Shop
>                  |___|                 |
>                  |___|  ----------------------
>                  |___|  |
>        |___|            ------|------------------
>Fire    |   |    ________   L3 |  treasure room
>spitting|___|    |      |______|
>face
>

>Now, Levers 2-3 (L2-L3) I can find.  L1, however, is not present.  There is a
>block there that _looks_ like it could be a backing for a lever, but none is
>there.  Perhaps I am looking in the wrong place?  Or...perhaps my demo is
>incomplete.  Whatever the case, I'd like to know the answer.
>
>                                        - PFREY@DREW.BITNET

	I've never played the DEMO version of GODS, but because of its good reviews I did get the commercial version...Anyways, this thread has a slight
misuse of word 'lever'...Along with levers there are also 'Blocks' that you
push in (They work indentically to levers as far as I know, just harded to spot)... Anyways these appear all throughout the commercial sales version however
maybe the one near the top of the ladder is on the DEMO but thats the only
one...Dont know...Anyways, I have yet to reach this block in any way also...
Perhaps its just there to draw you away for a while into an undoable task..
because I know (On the commercial version at least) that you can finish level 1 without ever worrying about it....Level 2 is a bitch!

Hope this helps clear things up