[comp.sys.amiga.games] Fishtank program

MINSTREL@MTUS5.BITNET (Joe Lannom) (05/01/91)

    Having recently purchased an A500, I was pawing through the archives at
ab20 to look for programs of interest.  I found the Aquarium libraries et al
for the Fish disks and they started me thinking.  (the following question
may be answered in the Aquarium package, but I don't have a modem for the
amiga yet, and cannot transfer them to unzoo and compile).

    Has anyone written a fish tank program for the amiga?  Something colorful
to toss up on the screen when you're not using the computer, with boring fish
swimming around and around?
    All my real fish tend to die, and if you copy protect your disks, you don't
have to worry about seperating the baby guppies from the parents 8-)
    There might be a program like that in the stores, but the area I live in
has NO stores that sell amiga software... and looking through catalogs when
you're near broke is so depressing.

    If anyone has information about this kind of program, I would appreciate
some email passing the info along.

    Thanks for your time.

Joe Lannom minstrel@mtus5.cts.mtu.edu
           minstrel@ctsad2.cts.mtu.edu

And now for a word from our processor:

4013(3)/174624: STAC LB%+4,X*

andrew@teslab.lab.OZ (Andrew Phillips) (05/02/91)

In article <91120.163424MINSTREL@MTUS5.BITNET> MINSTREL@MTUS5.BITNET (Joe Lannom) writes:
>    Has anyone written a fish tank program for the amiga?  Something colorful
>to toss up on the screen when you're not using the computer, with boring fish
>swimming around and around?

I've never heard of a fish tank program, but it sounds like a great
idea.

I have seen something somewhat similar is called "Little Computer
People".  There can be some interaction - e.g. if you don't feed him
he will die after a few days.  If there was ever a game that should
multitask this is it as you rarely interact with it and you can leave
it running for days.  Unfortunately it doesn't.
--
Andrew Phillips (andrew@teslab.lab.oz.au) Phone +61 (Aust) 2 (Sydney) 289 8712

sparks@disk.uucp (John Sparks) (05/03/91)

MINSTREL@MTUS5.BITNET (Joe Lannom) writes:

>    Has anyone written a fish tank program for the amiga?  Something colorful
>to toss up on the screen when you're not using the computer, with boring fish
>swimming around and around?

I saw one a year or so ago. It was called "TANK" I think. It was ok but
had a few bugs:
1> The person who drew the fish did not do a good job. They were kinda washed
out looking.

2> The animation was jerky.

3> The fish only faced to one side. when they swam back the other way, they
were swimming backwards.

I don't have it anymore, but I think I got it off of the Hobbit Hole BBS
Ph: (904) 243-6219. It's really the best BBS I have ever called. There
are always new files. I am the club librarian for out local Amiga Club
and it is one of my prime sources for programs for the club's library.

Look for something like tank.zoo or search file descriptions for "fish".

--
John Sparks        |"Help Fight Continental Drift!"| (502)957-4200 2400 BPS
D.I.S.K. Management| Email: sparks@disk.UUCP       | 6 lines, public access unix