[comp.sys.amiga.games] Help with Lemmings Demo

niobium@arrakis.nevada.edu (Christopher W. Carlson) (05/03/91)

Boy, do I feel stupid, but since the Lemmings demo from ab20 didn't come
with any kind of documentation or explanation, I think I'm justified in
asking this silly little question:

How on earth do I get past the second level of the demo?  I think I'm on
the right track by blasting a chunk out of the pillar just to the right of
the start and having one of the lemmings dig a hole all the way through, but
I can't for the life of me figure out how to get past that enormous wall.

Also, what do `floaters' do?  How 'bout those `-' and `+' buttons on the left
side of the control panel?

Any suggestions welcome.

--
   )   _                | | But I like it when that        // | Free        _
|\/ | (_) |B | (_) (\/) * | lightning comes!!! -- The Cure Z7 | Yourself!_ //

jpc@fct.unl.pt (Jose Pina Coelho) (05/03/91)

In article <1991May3.052442.19648@nevada.edu>
niobium@arrakis.nevada.edu (Christopher W. Carlson) writes:

   How on earth do I get past the second level of the demo?  I think I'm on
   the right track by blasting a chunk out of the pillar just to the right of
   the start and having one of the lemmings dig a hole all the way through, but
   I can't for the life of me figure out how to get past that enormous wall.

You don't need a bomber, just two climbers/floaters

   Also, what do `floaters' do?  How 'bout those `-' and `+' buttons
   on the left side of the control panel?

The + & - are to change the lemmings arrival rate, you can go from the
level default, up to 99.

A floater is a lemming with a (reusable) parachute, it can fall from
any height to the ground without making ''Squich''.

--
Jose Pedro T. Pina Coelho   | BITNET/Internet: jpc@fct.unl.pt
Rua Jau N 1, 2 Dto          | UUCP: ...!mcsun!unl!jpc

- If all men were brothers, would you let one marry your sister ?

rick@saturn.ads.com (Rick Chestek) (05/03/91)

>From: niobium@arrakis.nevada.edu (Christopher W. Carlson)
>Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.games
>Subject: Help with Lemmings Demo
>Date: 3 May 91 05:24:42 GMT
>Sender: niobium@nevada.edu (Christopher W. Carlson)

>How on earth do I get past the second level of the demo?  I think I'm on
>the right track by blasting a chunk out of the pillar just to the right of
>the start and having one of the lemmings dig a hole all the way through, but
>I can't for the life of me figure out how to get past that enormous wall.
>
>Also, what do `floaters' do?  How 'bout those `-' and `+' buttons on the left
>side of the control panel?
>
>Any suggestions welcome.
>
>--
>   )   _                | | But I like it when that        // | Free        _
>|\/ | (_) |B | (_) (\/) * | lightning comes!!! -- The Cure Z7 | Yourself!_ //
>-----------------------------------------------------------/--| AMIGA!   \X/
>Christopher W. Carlson, Student -- niobium@arrakis.nevada.edu | Be Yourself!

"Floaters" are lemmings with parachutes;  after falling a short ways
the parachute deploys, and they come to a soft landing.

Couple floaters with the name of the second level ("one way <something>"
as I recall) and you've got a hint as to how to solve the second level.

The +,- buttons increase/decrease the rate at which the lemmings fall
through the trapdoor (thus entering the scene).

		-- rick

Rick Chestek                        Advanced Decision Systems
                                    1500 Plymouth Street
rick@ads.com;  (415)960-7300        Mountain View, CA  94043-1230

--
Dr. R. Chestek                      Advanced Decision Systems
Scene Analysis Dept. Manager        1500 Plymouth Street