[comp.sys.amiga.games] Gods demo

roger_earl@outbound.wimsey.bc.ca (Roger Earl) (04/25/91)

Can someone please upload the Gods demo to GEnie, I'm very interested in seeing
if this game is as good as it sounds, but I don't have access to File sites
thru Usenet.

                                                __________
                                               |  ______  |
   ________                                    | |      | |
  | ______ |      'But that isn't a fair       | |      | |
  ||      ||       comparison.  People         | |______| |
  ||______||      like the Etch-A-Sketch.'     |          |
  | o    o |                                   | _ _ _ _ _|
  |________|                                  (|__________|\
                                              |     ________)_
Roger Earl                                   [^]   |          |
roger_earl@outbound.wimsey.bc.ca             [_]   |__________|

bconnor@hpuxa.acs.ohio-state.edu (Beverly B. Connor) (04/27/91)

In article <roger_earl.6409@outbound.wimsey.bc.ca> roger_earl@outbound.wimsey.bc.ca (Roger Earl) writes:
>Can someone please upload the Gods demo to GEnie, I'm very interested in seeing
>if this game is as good as it sounds, but I don't have access to File sites
>thru Usenet.
>
>                                                __________
>                                               |  ______  |
>   ________                                    | |      | |
>  | ______ |      'But that isn't a fair       | |      | |
>  ||      ||       comparison.  People         | |______| |
>  ||______||      like the Etch-A-Sketch.'     |          |
>  | o    o |                                   | _ _ _ _ _|
>  |________|                                  (|__________|\
>                                              |     ________)_
>Roger Earl                                   [^]   |          |
>roger_earl@outbound.wimsey.bc.ca             [_]   |__________|

	Hmmm. A left-handed mouse user, eh?
-CC
bconnor@hpuxa.acs.ohio-state.edu

*  /\   /\  /\  | /~_  /\  __ | /\ /\ /\        The proud and the few.      *
* /~~\ /  \/  \ | \_/ /~~\    | \/ \/ \/   bconnor@hpuxa.acs.ohio-state.edu *

PFREY%drew.bitnet@pucc.princeton.edu (04/30/91)

Caution:  End of demo discussed!

I've been through the demo, and enjoyed it!  I've gone through the teleport
room, gotten the urn and the clever bonus...now what?  Nothing else?  the
passage is blocked, so...is getting the game the only way to continue, or
am I missing something still?

                                                - PFREY@DREW.BITNET

sah@pogo.gnu.ai.mit.edu (Tarador) (04/30/91)

   Sorry, but I *just* joined this newsgroup..  where can I get the
gods demo?  Thanks.
| Tarador Dranon                       MIT: sah@gnu.ai.mit.edu            |
|             C-Guild: vidco%cguild%valnet@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu           |

jamie@heavy.enet.dec.com (04/30/91)

You haven't finished the demo by the sounds of it. When I completed it I
got the message "Game Over" and the whole thing started again. So I got
the real game and it makes the demo look like a Girl Guides Picnic! It
gets hard after level 2! Really hard!

You have to take the three items to the Crypt to complete the demo.

				Jamie.

colyer@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (colyer) (05/02/91)

Where can the GODs demo be gotten?

James Colyer

COLYER@silver.ucs.indiana.edu

set@phobos.cis.ksu.edu (Steve E Tietze ) (05/02/91)

I had the same problem with the Gods.lzh file off abc20.  What I did is to
make a startup-sequence in a s dir and put the word Gods in it.
Then I installed the disk.  Works great...  Other wise I always got a GURU
from my workbench.  Where can I get this game???

<-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->
<->   AMIGA MAN!    ***Kansas State University***   Steve Tietze        <->
<->                 Email set@phobos.cis.ksu.edu  Phone 913-539-9101    <->
<-><-><-><-><-><-><->And Justice for All ... Metallica<-><-><-><-><-><-><->

Andy Patrizio <PYC136@uriacc.uri.edu> (05/04/91)

The almighty Gods demo on ab20 that I've been hearing so much about is
corrupted. At least, that's what I got three times in a row. If someone has
a working copy, could they send it to me? Thanks much.

.signed,
-----
Andy Patrizio            |  Internet: pyc136@uriacc.uri.edu
Class of 2010            |  ARPA:     pyc136%uriacc.bitnet@brownvm.brown.edu
University of RI         |  Usenet:   andypo@idsvax.ids.com
                         |  UUCP:     uunet!rayssd!idsvax!andypo
-----
"I think grown-ups just ACT like they know what they're doing" - Calvin
-----

booth@ccad.uiowa.edu (Michael Booth) (05/04/91)

From article <52572@nigel.ee.udel.edu>, by PYC136@uriacc.uri.edu (Andy Patrizio):
> The almighty Gods demo on ab20 that I've been hearing so much about is
> corrupted. At least, that's what I got three times in a row. If someone has
> a working copy, could they send it to me? Thanks much.
>
> .signed,
> -----
>                          |  Bitnet:   pyc136@uriacc.bitnet
> Andy Patrizio            |  Internet: pyc136@uriacc.uri.edu
> Class of 2010            |  ARPA:     pyc136%uriacc.bitnet@brownvm.brown.edu
> University of RI         |  Usenet:   andypo@idsvax.ids.com
>                          |  UUCP:     uunet!rayssd!idsvax!andypo
> -----
> "I think grown-ups just ACT like they know what they're doing" - Calvin
> -----

I assume all of you guys who are having problems have uncompressed the
files ONTO A FLOPPY disk and then REBOOTED the machine...  Thats how the
game works...

Mike Booth (booth@ccad.uiowa.edu)