[comp.sys.amiga.games] HELP on Lemmings Level 84

mmoore@ux.acs.umn.edu (Malcolm Diallo Moore) (05/05/91)

After nearly two months of trying, I finally passed level 82 of Lemmings.  Now,
I'm stuck on level 84.  A ruff description follows.

Lemmings level 84 (Taxing 24):
Title: Take a Running Jump....
Number of Lemmings 100
-99%- to be saved
Release Rate 50
Time 3 Minutes

          IN
     |   {___}   DEATH -->
     |
     |                               /|     -------------\         ------------
     |                              /||     |____          \        \_________
------------------------------------  |          \          \
	 |-------------------------|  |           \         |
	 |			   |  |	 	  |	    |
	 |			   |  |		  |	    |
	 |			   |  |		  |	    |
	 |			   |  |	 OUT	  |	    |
	 |			   |  |	/----\	  |	    |
	 |FIRE	FIRE	FIRE	   |  |	|    |	  \_________/
	 | 			   |  |_|____|____________---------------------i
Scuse the ruff drawing, it's hard to work with vi, but anyway, can anyone help
me???  It would be smoove if you all could.  I don't care if you post it or
email me (mmoore@ux.acs.umn.edu) just as long as I get an answer! :-)

Thanx in advance for your help.

Peace.

Malcolm

sss10@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Homicidal Lunatic) (05/06/91)

In article <3863@ux.acs.umn.edu> mmoore@ux.acs.umn.edu (Malcolm Diallo Moore) writes:
>After nearly two months of trying, I finally passed level 82 of Lemmings.  Now,
>I'm stuck on level 84.  A ruff description follows.

I got stuck on this for a REALLY long fucking time myself.

>Lemmings level 84 (Taxing 24):
>Title: Take a Running Jump....
>Number of Lemmings 100
>-99%- to be saved
>Release Rate 50
>Time 3 Minutes
>

>          IN
>     |   {___}   DEATH -->
>     |                               /|A   -------------\         ------------
>     |                              / |    |____         \ B       \_________
>------------------------------------  |         \         \
>	 |-------------------------|  |           \         |
>	 |			   |  |	 	  |	    |
>	 |			   |  |		  |	    |
>	 |			   |  |		  |	    |
>	 |			   |  |	 OUT	  |	    |
>	 |			   |  |	/----\	  |	    |
>	 |FIRE	FIRE	FIRE	   |  |	|    |	  \_________/            C->
>	 | 			   |  |_|____|____________---------------------i
>Scuse the ruff drawing, it's hard to work with vi, but anyway, can anyone help
>me???  It would be smoove if you all could.  I don't care if you post it or
>email me (mmoore@ux.acs.umn.edu) just as long as I get an answer! :-)
>
>Thanx in advance for your help.
>
>Peace.
>
>Malcolm

I labelled 3 areas as A, B and C. on area A, use a builder to cross over the
"ravine". In area B, leave the lemmings alone. They will fall down but wont
die because they hit parts of that "cliff" and survive. Area C is near
the wall all the way to the right. Over there you want a Builder to build until
the lemmings hit the wall and turn around. I dont think there were blockers in
this game. Changing a lemming into a blocker would work but again, I dont think
any were provided.
"All power comes from the barrel of a gun"  //
sss10@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu            \\ // Amiga makes it possibly
                                         \X/