[comp.sys.amiga.games] Falcon: how to win?

lwallace@javelin.sim.es.com (Raptor) (04/25/91)

I got 3000+ points for a single mission this morning at Captain level.
(Yes, I know it's wimpy, but it's a start.)  Does this mean I've "won"?
There wasn't any kind of fanfare.

Also, has anyone heard of a flight simulator that lets you practice in-flight
refueling?

--
            Lynn Wallace           |           I do not represent E&S.
Evans and Sutherland Computer Corp.|   Internet: lwallace@javelin.sim.es.com

havir@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Eric Havir) (04/27/91)

lwallace@javelin.sim.es.com (Raptor) writes:
>Also, has anyone heard of a flight simulator that lets you practice in-flight
>refueling?

Strike Aces (by Accolade) features in flight refueling.  It's an
'International Bombing Competition' game, which allows you to fly avariety of
bombers on about 15 missions involving strategic bombing.  It's a fun game,
but the air-to-air combat can't compare with Falcon or FA-18.

--
  Eric "Rangorin" Havir
    UUCP: {crash tcnet}!orbit!pnet51!havir

bconnor@hpuxa.acs.ohio-state.edu (Beverly B. Connor) (04/27/91)

In article <1991Apr24.172059.273@javelin.sim.es.com> lwallace@javelin.sim.es.com (Raptor) writes:
>I got 3000+ points for a single mission this morning at Captain level.
>(Yes, I know it's wimpy, but it's a start.)  Does this mean I've "won"?
>There wasn't any kind of fanfare.
>
>Also, has anyone heard of a flight simulator that lets you practice in-flight
>refueling?
>
>--
>            Lynn Wallace           |           I do not represent E&S.
>Evans and Sutherland Computer Corp.|   Internet: lwallace@javelin.sim.es.com
>      Salt Lake City, UT 84108     |           Compu$erve:  70242,101
>	      Revenge is a dish best not served at all.

	3000+ Points? This MORNING? My god, I think my record was like 127 credits ever. I though I was pretty good; being a fair dog-fighter and able to land easily on any level, but that humbled me... Wow.
-CC
bconnor@hpuxa.acs.ohio-state.edu

*  /\   /\  /\  | /~_  /\  __ | /\ /\ /\        The proud and the few.      *
* /~~\ /  \/  \ | \_/ /~~\    | \/ \/ \/   bconnor@hpuxa.acs.ohio-state.edu *

opus@cbnewsc.att.com (robin.g.kim) (04/29/91)

In article <1991Apr27.150043.21941@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu>, bconnor@hpuxa.acs.ohio-state.edu (Beverly B. Connor) writes:
> In article <1991Apr24.172059.273@javelin.sim.es.com> lwallace@javelin.sim.es.com (Raptor) writes:
> >I got 3000+ points for a single mission this morning at Captain level.
> >(Yes, I know it's wimpy, but it's a start.)  Does this mean I've "won"?
> >There wasn't any kind of fanfare.

	Yes, you won.  Congratulations!

> 3000+ Points? This MORNING? My god, I think my record was like 127
> credits ever. I though I was pretty good; being a fair dog-fighter
> and able to land easily on any level, but that humbled me... Wow.

Once you learn a couple of tricks, it's not too difficult to win Falcon,
even at Colonel level (which is MUCH harder than the other levels).
All it takes is patience, and being able to hit things with Mavericks and
bombs.  Even if your accuracy is bad, you can still win--it just takes more
patience.   Email me if you want some hints.

						Robin Kim
						att!ihlpy!opus

elson@otc.otca.oz.au (Elson Markwick) (05/07/91)

In article <1991Apr24.172059.273@javelin.sim.es.com>, lwallace@javelin.sim.es.com (Raptor) writes:
|> I got 3000+ points for a single mission this morning at Captain level.
|> (Yes, I know it's wimpy, but it's a start.)  Does this mean I've "won"?
|> There wasn't any kind of fanfare.

I want to know how you did this.  I also did it once once, and have never
been able to repeat it....

|>             Lynn Wallace           |           I do not represent E&S.

Cheers, Elson
--
Elson Markwick |   Seems like I    |ACSnet:  elson@otc.otca.oz.au
OTC R & D Unit | shoulda stood in  |UUCP: {uunet,mcvax}!otc.otca.oz.au!elson