[comp.sys.amiga.games] Answer to Lemmings Level 49

mmoore@ux.acs.umn.edu (Malcolm Diallo Moore) (05/09/91)

In article <1991May8.103739.4858@imada.ou.dk> kimberg@imada.ou.dk (Kim Berg Hansen) writes:
>Howdy ...
>
>I saw some time ago the solution to Lemmings Tricky level 19 posted here,
>but I didn't have Lemmings then, so I didn't read it thoroughly. Would
>some kind soul please e-mail or repost, as I'm kinda stuck here.
>
>Thanks implicitly.
>
>Kim Berg Hansen               email: kimberg@imada.ou.dk

Well I can answer 49 for you easily.  Here's what you do:

1  Make the first lemming out an athlete (climb/float).

2  He will climb up the little wall that's too high for the other lemmings to
   climb up, then he will walk up the steps.

3  As soon as he is about two or three steps from the top of the stairs, make
   him dig STRAIGHT DOWN.

4  Let him dig down until his body is just below the long plateau that goes to
   the right toward the exit.  Then turn him into a basher.

5  Let him dig across until he reaches the gap.  Then turn him into a builder.
   If you let him dig down low enough, he should build until he hits the wall
   and then TURN AROUND.  If he doesn't turn around then you'll have to nuke
   the level.

6  Assuming he turned around, he will walk back the way he came, climb out of
   the tunnel and walk back down the stairs.  Once he gets a ways past the bot-
   tom step, turn him into a miner.  The other lemmings should then walk up
   and out into their home.  The first lemming in will be the last lemming out
   (he'll climb up the left wall and float down)

Hope that helpz.

Malcolm "The Capital MD" Moore
----------Amiga: The One and Only.  All the Rest Can Get the Bozack.-----------
"I ain't never got gaffled like that, I used to do the gaffilin'--
McDonald's was my spot."
"Man, what you used to do??"
"Jack them motherfuckers for them Nissan Trucks.  Right in the drive thru."