[comp.sys.amiga.games] Joysticks and autofire

ameiba@reed.UUCP (Keith Steiger) (05/07/91)

My present joystick is about to be abused to death.  The Buster Bros. and
Turrican I/II and Hybris have not been kind to it.  Presently, I'm using a
Suncom Tac30 which I bought at Target for $20.  It satisfies my major needs
for a joystick, being:

1) It hits the diagonals easily and comfortably.
2) It has autofire.
3) Autofire is easy to turn on and off.

However, it's not exactly high-quality, and I sometimes wish that I could
vary the autofire rate and/or attach autofire to my mouse (for Battle
Squadron).  What other autofire devices are available?  How much do they
cost?  And where do you get them?

--
 Keith Steiger--ameiba@reed.edu--"I am what you see.  I cannot be otherwise."
  Disclaimer: Reed College tries very hard to ignore its students' opinions.

s892804@minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au (Wee Willie) (05/09/91)

ameiba@reed.UUCP (Keith Steiger) writes:

>Squadron).  What other autofire devices are available?  How much do they
>cost?  And where do you get them?

Action Replay II has autofire on it. It uses the expansion port on the side.
Also has 100's of other features for cheating on games, ripping, etc. etc.
Or you could do what I did and make a pass through port that has auto-fire
(variable) on it. I used a simple 555 timer...
|  s892804@minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au   | And there upon the planet's face...   |
|       ____                      | Crawl insects called the human race...|