[comp.sys.amiga.games] Ultima V patch

PYC136@uriacc.uri.edu (Andy Patrizio) (03/20/91)

Some time back, a few enterprising Net-ers said they wrote a keyboard buffering
patch for Ultima V. Have you guys made this program public? I love the series
and the game, But i'm going NUTS with the input problems. If Origin had a
net address they'd get a very nasty letter from me (I'm too lazy to send it
via USnail).

Thanks in advance.

.signed,
-----
Andy Patrizio            |  Internet: pyc136@uriacc.uri.edu
Class of 2010            |  ARPA:     pyc136%uriacc.bitnet@brownvm.brown.edu
University of RI         |  Usenet:   andypo@idsvax.ids.com
                         |  UUCP:     uunet!rayssd!idsvax!andypo
-----
"I think grown-ups just ACT like they know what they're doing" - Calvin
-----

fstuart@eng.auburn.edu (Frank Stuart) (03/21/91)

In article <48145@nigel.ee.udel.edu> PYC136@uriacc.uri.edu (Andy Patrizio) writes:
>Some time back, a few enterprising Net-ers said they wrote a keyboard buffering
>patch for Ultima V. Have you guys made this program public? I love the series
>and the game, But i'm going NUTS with the input problems. If Origin had a
>net address they'd get a very nasty letter from me (I'm too lazy to send it
>via USnail).
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>.signed,
>-----
>                         |  Bitnet:   pyc136@uriacc.bitnet
>Andy Patrizio            |  Internet: pyc136@uriacc.uri.edu
>Class of 2010            |  ARPA:     pyc136%uriacc.bitnet@brownvm.brown.edu
>University of RI         |  Usenet:   andypo@idsvax.ids.com
>                         |  UUCP:     uunet!rayssd!idsvax!andypo
>-----
>"I think grown-ups just ACT like they know what they're doing" - Calvin
>-----

Ditto.

By the way, the command reference sheet says that you can use ^t, ^s, and
^v for system speed, sound effects, and volume.  This doesn't seem to work
on my copy.  Anyone else have problem?

--Frank
fstuart@eng.auburn.edu

pochron@rt5.cs.wisc.edu (David Pochron) (03/23/91)

In article <fstuart.910320194346@lab16.eng.auburn.edu> fstuart@eng.auburn.edu (Frank Stuart) writes:
>By the way, the command reference sheet says that you can use ^t, ^s, and
>^v for system speed, sound effects, and volume.  This doesn't seem to work
>on my copy.  Anyone else have problem?

Ignore those commands - they are for the IBM PC version (I think, either that
or the Apple ][ version.)  Origin didn't feel like reprinting the reference
cards.

F5 (or one of those function keys) does toggle between the music and sound
effects...I turned the music OFF.  That key is mentioned in an obscure place
in the Amiga version notes.

--

       -- David M. Pochron   |
                             | Canada: One of the world's greatest mysteries..
pochron@garfield.cs.wisc.edu |

cedman@golem.ps.uci.edu (Carl Edman) (05/10/91)

A patch which fixes the terrible key handling of the amiga version of
ultima V has been mentioned a few times in this group. Does it exist,
and if so, where is it available ?

If someone could provide this information, I would eternally be in his
debt.

        Carl Edman

--
"We hold that what one man cannot morally do, a million men cannot
morally do, and government, representing many millions of men, cannot

int286g@monu4.cc.monash.edu.au (jr bell) (05/13/91)

In article <CEDMAN.91May9184658@lynx.ps.uci.edu> cedman@golem.ps.uci.edu (Carl Edman) writes:
>A patch which fixes the terrible key handling of the amiga version of
>ultima V has been mentioned a few times in this group. Does it exist,
>and if so, where is it available ?

Please, I would like to know about this too. It really is a pity that Origin
are so slack when it comes to Amiga software.

Thanks in advance

-Jason
(int286g@monu4.cc.monash.edu.au)