[comp.sys.amiga.games] Dragon Wars: Character points CHEAT!!!!

IP06106@PORTLAND.BITNET (05/02/91)

Concerning your DragonWars cheat, if you start a new game with the same
characters  then ALL the maps you have are wiped out! I'd like to use this
cheat, but being forced to re-explore everything doesn't sound like fun
to me... anyway to get around this???

+-- Graham Kinsey  IP06106@Portland.CAPS.Maine.edu  P/Link: G KINSEY --+
| You know, computers are just like ST:TNG....                         |
|   Amiga == Wesley (Brilliant kid, but whines too much)               |
+------------------ (with apologies to Eric Giguere) ------------------+

IP06106@PORTLAND.BITNET (05/03/91)

In article <91121.232104IP06106@PORTLAND.BITNET>, <IP06106@PORTLAND.BITNET>
says:

>Concerning your DragonWars cheat, if you start a new game with the same
>characters  then ALL the maps you have are wiped out! I'd like to use this
>cheat, but being forced to re-explore everything doesn't sound like fun
>to me... anyway to get around this???

BTW, I also just found out that use lose ALL your items, and ALL your gold..
While assume you could re-play the entire game to get your items back, it's
more truoble than it's worth.. there must be an easier cheat than this.
of course those 5 extra points are much netter than nothing :-) ....

mnfriedr@immd4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (M Friedrich) (05/05/91)

IP06106@PORTLAND.BITNET writes:

>Concerning your DragonWars cheat, if you start a new game with the same
>characters  then ALL the maps you have are wiped out! I'd like to use this
>cheat, but being forced to re-explore everything doesn't sound like fun
>to me... anyway to get around this???

On C64 only one map at once is saved, so if you enter a new map, the old
one is cleared...
And REAL roleplayers draw their maps on paper :)

-Efchen
---
   /~\   |  Martin Friedrich       IRC/FN/BITNET: Efchen
  C oo   |  Postfach 1602     NightFall: Sir Efchen, Knight of Elvendar
  _( ^)  |  8520 Erlangen
   ~\    |  GERMANY        InterNet:mnfriedr@informatik.uni-erlangen.de
 Tie two birds together. Though they have four wings, they cannot fly.
                                                    - The silent Flute

IP06106@PORTLAND.BITNET (05/06/91)

In article <1991May5.163546.1591@informatik.uni-erlangen.de>,
mnfriedr@immd4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (M Friedrich) says:

>IP06106@PORTLAND.BITNET writes:
>
>>Concerning your DragonWars cheat, if you start a new game with the same
>>characters  then ALL the maps you have are wiped out! I'd like to use this
>>cheat, but being forced to re-explore everything doesn't sound like fun
>>to me... anyway to get around this???
>
>On C64 only one map at once is saved, so if you enter a new map, the old
>one is cleared...

Well on the Amiga version ALL maps are saved... so now you've got an incentive
to upgrade! :-)

>And REAL roleplayers draw their maps on paper :)

And real people (with real lives) don't want to waste their lives away drawing
maps when the computer SHOULD be doing it for them.. That's why Dragon Wars
is worth consideation even if you don't like Bard's Tale clones (though there
are other differences too :-) )

+-- Graham Kinsey  IP06106@Portland.CAPS.Maine.edu  P/Link: G KINSEY --+
| You know, computers are just like ST:TNG....                         |
|   Amiga == Wesley (Brilliant kid, but whines too much)               |
+------------------ (with apologies to Eric Giguere) ------------------+

fmccrthy@unix1.tcd.ie ( Rahn Tamalin) (05/13/91)

In <91121.232104IP06106@PORTLAND.BITNET> IP06106@PORTLAND.BITNET writes:

In comp.sys.amiga.games you write:
>Concerning your DragonWars cheat, if you start a new game with the same
>characters  then ALL the maps you have are wiped out! I'd like to use this
>cheat, but being forced to re-explore everything doesn't sound like fun
>to me... anyway to get around this???

	There is no way around this that I can see but the tip is really
for those who are ubelievably stuck or who are bored with constantly
having to reload in after being killed. Here the best thing to do is
restart any way, so why not build up your characters at the same time.
	The reason I used this cheat, and why I thought of it, was
because I could only spend about 5 hours playing each weekend, and could
not afford the time spent in having to carefully search around. With the
cheat I was able to complete Dragon valley with only leather armour, my
fists, and 15 Dragon Stones.
	So my advice is "if you are pissed off use the cheat"
	Have fun,
		 Rahn Tamalin <FMCCRTHY@Unix1.tcd.ie>