[comp.sys.amiga.games] GODS the game

cadp16@vaxa.strath.ac.uk (05/07/91)

I have been playing GODS the game (not the demo) for a few days off and on now.

I still haven't managed to get to the end of the 3rd world, where I presume
the first monster is hiding, and the first password :-)

I have noticed that a high score does not normally mean getting further...

My highest so far is around 90,000... but I got further on a 75,000 score...

Weird ???   I also found the shortcut on the very first world, but I can't
remember how I did it exactly... Let me think...

POSSIBLE SPOILER WARNING ****

Every time you switch a switch, put it back to its original position...
I think thats how I did it, but don't quote me...

Has anyone else found out how to press the hidden button at the top left of
the screen at the end of the first world ?

Electric Monk~~~			      		/^^^\
					     	       > o.o <
Strathclyde University			      		\___/
Computer Science			      		/ V \
3rd Year				     	       <==+==>
Amiga and X-Windows a speciality	    	      /       \
					  	     ^^^U^^^U^^^

evermic@prism.cs.orst.edu (Mic Everts) (05/08/91)

I didn't get my first password until after I finished level 2.
When I finished the game I had 3 passwords total.

jamie@sievax.enet.dec.com (Jamie Badman) (05/08/91)

A few things... first, you get your 1st password at the end of level 2
world 1. Second, the shortcut is actually easier to get to than you
describe... finally, if you find out how to get that button pressed, let
me know!!! There's also a load of bonuses etc on world 2; firstly you
get to a ledge with a load of gems above your head... I can't get to
those... then there's some bonuses on the right hand side of the level
at the very top that I can't quite jump high enough to reach... any
ideas ?

				Jamie.

Jamie Badman, Digital Equipment, Reading, Berkshire, England.

=

In <1991May8.132251.1716@hollie.rdg.dec.com> jamie@sievax.enet.dec.com (Jamie Badman) writes:

>A few things... first, you get your 1st password at the end of level 2
>world 1. Second, the shortcut is actually easier to get to than you
>describe... finally, if you find out how to get that button pressed, let
>me know!!! There's also a load of bonuses etc on world 2; firstly you
>get to a ledge with a load of gems above your head... I can't get to
>those... then there's some bonuses on the right hand side of the level
>at the very top that I can't quite jump high enough to reach... any
>ideas ?

>  				Jamie.

To get the gems above your head and a weapon too fight the last guy for
this level with, do something like the following(I always get it mixed up)
After killing all the statues that come to life, don't pull the switch but
instead go to the right(always get any keys you see) and go in the first
door you can reach.  I think you appear where the gems are right above your head
ignore them for now, get the key and walk across by way of the moving stone.
This time pull the lever., and quickly fall down and go through the door.
You will appear at the top door again, go in and colllect your prize.
Its either this way or exactly the opposite, but I'm sure you can figure it
out.

Ignore them for now, get the key

amorsin@cs.vu.nl (A.W.Morsink) (05/13/91)

The button-problem was solved by Mike, a friend of mine. This only works
in the commercial version, not the Demo (I got over 100,000 points here).

I will make some room for people to skip this article (I hope)

OK, the trick is to walk past the last world door, but not far enough for
it to close. Then walk back, pull that lever and AutoMagically a small plat-
form appears at the top of the ladder.

Well, that's Nuff Said !

Marco Niese
Using: welter@swi.psy.uva.nl