[comp.sys.amiga.games] Stuck on level 26 of Amiga Nethack

GUTEST8@cc1.kuleuven.ac.be (Ives Aerts) (05/13/91)

Well I'm stuck on level 26 of amiga nethack. I don't have any
musical instrument so I can't lower the drawbridge. I do
have a wand of polymorph but I think I'd get slaughtered if
I cross the moat when polymporphed into a weaker character that
can swim. Another solution presented to me by a friend is using
my pick-axe to dig round the level but I can't get this to
work in the amiga version. HEEEELLLLPPPPP...
      Ives Aerts           |          IBM definition SY-34378
GUTEST8@BLEKUL11.BITNET    |   A signature consists of sequences of
gutest8@cc1.kuleuven.ac.be | non-blank characters separated by blanks.

jimmy@uhunix1.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu (Jimmy Chan) (05/14/91)

In article <91133.152739GUTEST8@cc1.kuleuven.ac.be> GUTEST8@cc1.kuleuven.ac.be (Ives Aerts) writes:

>Well I'm stuck on level 26 of amiga nethack. I don't have any
>musical instrument so I can't lower the drawbridge. I do
>have a wand of polymorph but I think I'd get slaughtered if
>I cross the moat when polymporphed into a weaker character that
>can swim. Another solution presented to me by a friend is using
>my pick-axe to dig round the level but I can't get this to
>work in the amiga version. HEEEELLLLPPPPP...

Instead of polymorphing yourself try polymorphing items til you get
a musical instrument.  oh, make sure you have many polymorph wands.
I've always used this trick in nethack so, it should work with this
version unless they removed it from this patchlevel.

jrm@delta.ma.adfa.oz.au (John R Marley) (05/14/91)

> Well I'm stuck on level 26 of amiga nethack. I don't have any
> musical instrument so I can't lower the drawbridge. I do
> have a wand of polymorph but I think I'd get slaughtered if
> I cross the moat when polymporphed into a weaker character that
> can swim. Another solution presented to me by a friend is using

You could always try unlocking it ... or
You could always follow the moat (not necessarily IN the water) and try the
back door ...

> my pick-axe to dig round the level but I can't get this to
> work in the amiga version. HEEEELLLLPPPPP...

This doesn't work on any version ..

>       Ives Aerts           |          IBM definition SY-34378
> GUTEST8@BLEKUL11.BITNET    |   A signature consists of sequences of
> gutest8@cc1.kuleuven.ac.be | non-blank characters separated by blanks.

PS: do you read rec.games.hack?  I heartily recommend you do!
--
     John Marley      | Maths Dept, Uni College, |
jrm@maadfa.adfa.oz.au |   U.N.S.W.,  A.D.F.A.,	 |	     =8^)