[comp.sys.amiga.games] Help with SECRET of MONKEY ISLAND

prak2@pttrnl.nl (05/13/91)

I have a problem with the Lucas Film adventure 'Secret of monkey island'.

Here is my problem:

I am on monkey island and have visited the kannibals. I have the skull that
belonged to a navigator. The kannibals say that you have to use this skull, in
order to get trough the hell in the giant monkeyhead.
But i can't get it to work !!!

Can someone help me, so that i can go on with this beautiful adventure ?

Thanx,

Jan
(prak2@pttrnl.nl)

maquelin@tik.ethz.ch (Olivier Maquelin) (05/14/91)

In article <1991May13.171112.65057@pttrnl.nl> prak2@pttrnl.nl writes:

>I am on monkey island and have visited the kannibals. I have the skull that
>belonged to a navigator. The kannibals say that you have to use this skull, in
>order to get trough the hell in the giant monkeyhead.
>But i can't get it to work !!!

When inside the giant monkey, Guybrush should be holding the navigator head
in one of his hands (i.e. the head should be visible on the screen). If you
pay attention, you will notice that whenever Guybrush moves from one room
to an other (or to an intersection in the same room), the head first spins
for a while then stops, looking in the direction where you should go. Just
follow these directions, even if they seem totally random, and after a while
you will reach the ship.

Olivier

HL00@NS.CC.LEHIGH.EDU (Sheng Lin) (05/15/91)

You sure it's the head of the navigator and not a skull?  There's a
skull in the game that you can get which is useless... it's the head
you're looking for and you must trade something with the cannibals for
it.