[comp.sys.amiga.games] Little Computer People

griffith@frith.msu.edu (Terry Griffith) (02/02/91)

WANTED!!!

I'm looking for little computer people (the game ;)) for the amiga.
if anyone has this and would like to sell or trade please e-mail me.
thanks
		Terry

lenin@innotec1.zer.sub.org (02/07/91)

In his message from the 01.02.91 GRIFFITH%FRITH.MSU.EDU@BUCHONIA.ZER writes:

>I'm looking for little computer people (the game ;)) for the amiga.
>if anyone has this and would like to sell or trade please e-mail me.
>thanks
>		Terry

I'm interested too, so please reply public if this game exists on amiga.

bye,
Volker

LENIN@INNOTEC1.ZER // Hamburg, Germany // +49 40 85 08 891

sysop@insider.zer.sub.org (02/08/91)

> >I'm looking for little computer people (the game ;)) for the amiga.
> >if anyone has this and would like to sell or trade please e-mail me.
> I'm interested too, so please reply public if this game exists on amiga.

LCP has been around LONG time ago... I think it must have been way back in
'87 or so... probably hard to get ahold of now...

---
   SysOp @ INSIDER    --    Nothing is easy as it looks!

cs170703644@vger.nsu.edu) ((Werjun), Norfolk State University) (02/09/91)

In article <9102061000.29.472@INSIDER>, sysop@insider.zer.sub.org writes:
>> >I'm looking for little computer people (the game ;)) for the amiga.
>> >if anyone has this and would like to sell or trade please e-mail me.
>> I'm interested too, so please reply public if this game exists on amiga.
>
> LCP has been around LONG time ago... I think it must have been way back in
> '87 or so... probably hard to get ahold of now...
>
> ---
>    SysOp @ INSIDER    --    Nothing is easy as it looks!

      I remember seeing this for sale at the WAshington AmiExpo last spring.
I can't remember the name of the dealer, but they're the ones who feature
Dr. Oxide.  There is a BBS here in Virginia Beach that carries all their
stuff.  The number is 804-587-2594.  You might call and see if they still
have it.

I was going to get it (the idea has always appealed to me), but someone told
me that the Amiga version was pretty chintzy.

Jean

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+                           +                                 +
+ werjun@large              +   Why, I've got couth I ain't   +
+ cs170703644@vger.nsu.edu  +         even used yet!          +
+                           +                                 +
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

bryce@cbmvax.commodore.com (Bryce Nesbitt) (02/17/91)

>I'm looking for little computer people (the game ;)) for the amiga.
>if anyone has this and would like to sell or trade please e-mail me.

I can't provide a copy, but I can tell you the game won't work if you
have any extended memory installed.  The LCP's use "fast memory cloaking
technology".

--
|\_/|  . "ACK!, NAK!, EOT!, SOH!"  "Lawyers: America's untapped export market."
{X o} .     Bryce Nesbitt, Operating Systems Group, Commodore-Amiga, Inc.

cosell@bbn.com (Bernie Cosell) (02/18/91)

bryce@cbmvax.commodore.com (Bryce Nesbitt) writes:

}>I'm looking for little computer people (the game ;)) for the amiga.
}>if anyone has this and would like to sell or trade please e-mail me.

}I can't provide a copy, but I can tell you the game won't work if you
}have any extended memory installed.  The LCP's use "fast memory cloaking
}technology".

Will NoFastMem help this?
  /Bernie\

hamilton@intersil.uucp (02/24/91)

In article <19053@cbmvax.commodore.com>, bryce@cbmvax.commodore.com (Bryce Nesbitt) writes:
>>I'm looking for little computer people (the game ;)) for the amiga.
>>if anyone has this and would like to sell or trade please e-mail me.
>
> I can't provide a copy, but I can tell you the game won't work if you
> have any extended memory installed.  The LCP's use "fast memory cloaking
> technology".

Well, I can't believe it myself, but I've successfully run LCP on my 3000
_under 2.0_ for hours without crashing.  A few years ago I messed with it
to get it to work on my LUCAS/FRANCES.  I had to fixhunk the executable,
but I think that's all I needed to do.

Of all the things I'd never expect to work on an 030 under 2.0, LCP was
near the top of the list.  With Artic Fox.
--
Fred Hamilton                  Any views, comments, or ideas expressed here
Harris Semiconductor           are entirely my own.  Even good ones.

sparks@disk.uucp (John Sparks) (05/04/91)

andrew@teslab.lab.OZ (Andrew Phillips) writes:

>I have seen something somewhat similar is called "Little Computer
>People".  There can be some interaction - e.g. if you don't feed him
>he will die after a few days.  If there was ever a game that should
>multitask this is it as you rarely interact with it and you can leave
>it running for days.  Unfortunately it doesn't.

I never could kill the little guy. I let him run for over a month without
food. I would even try to wear him out by sending him everything  BUT food:
records, books, dog food (nope he wouldnt eat it). The only thing that
happened is that he turned green and wouldnt get out of bed no matter what
junk I sent him. But he was telepathic... I eventually sent him food, and
somehow he knew it was food, because he got out of bed and went down to
get it.

--
John Sparks        |"Help Fight Continental Drift!"| (502)957-4200 2400 BPS
D.I.S.K. Management| Email: sparks@disk.UUCP       | 6 lines, public access unix

Mario_Capellari@turtle.stgt.sub.org (Mario Capellari) (05/17/91)

Helly out there,

I`m searching for the game "Little Computer People". I`ve played it at an 8
bit Atari XL 4 Years ago. Now I have an Amiga, and searching for this old
games. Did anyone know where I can get this to buy????

So long,

-- Via DLG Pro v.96 Beta

---
mario capellari                    |  BBS`s for Amiga  greetings....
7000 Stuttgart 1                   |  ++49 711 6407689     the
FRG                                |  ++49 711 6498429 TurtleSystems
UseNet:!aragon!tyrell!turtle!mario |  24H a day