[comp.sys.amiga.games] Omega 1.51 request

jgh1@unix.cis.pitt.edu (John G. Hardie) (05/14/91)

Hi.

I've been trying to get Omega1.51 from mars.ee.msstate.edu for the
last 4 days - I cannot FTP to that site.  Would someone kindly put
the omega151.lzh archive on AB20?

Note: there is already an archive of that name on AB20 in /incoming/amiga
but it is only about 7K long.  This just doesn't feel right - the game
is LARGE (1.50 is about 500K).  I suspect that the file got truncated,
but I'll know for sure this evening.

(I've been travelling and logging in remote.  Dont have access to my
amiga nor lharc to test the archive from AB20)

Thanks,
John

--
jgh1@unix.cis.pitt.edu

		My work here is finished.  Why wait?

v089pfrb@ubvmsb.cc.buffalo.edu (Jeffrey C Murphy) (05/15/91)

In article <127958@unix.cis.pitt.edu>, jgh1@unix.cis.pitt.edu (John G. Hardie) writes...

>Note: there is already an archive of that name on AB20 in /incoming/amiga
>but it is only about 7K long.  This just doesn't feel right - the game

I believe AB20 has run out of disk space (it happens to us all, eh :)
that's why recent uploads have been 7K in length.

aggaton@diku.dk (Klavs Torben Pedersen) (05/16/91)

jgh1@unix.cis.pitt.edu (John G. Hardie) writes:

>Hi.

Hi!

>I've been trying to get Omega1.51 from mars.ee.msstate.edu for the
>last 4 days - I cannot FTP to that site.  Would someone kindly put
>the omega151.lzh archive on AB20?

If you cannot reach mars try louie.udel.edu /pub, as it seems like AB20 has
a full harddisk...

>Note: there is already an archive of that name on AB20 in /incoming/amiga
>but it is only about 7K long.  This just doesn't feel right - the game
>is LARGE (1.50 is about 500K).  I suspect that the file got truncated,
>but I'll know for sure this evening.

I've written to the postmaster on AB20 to get it removed, it has obviously not
happened yet...

>(I've been travelling and logging in remote.  Dont have access to my
>amiga nor lharc to test the archive from AB20)

Don't try...You will be disappointed.

>Thanks,
>John

>--
>jgh1@unix.cis.pitt.edu

>		My work here is finished.  Why wait?

							Klavs Torben Pedersen
							aggaton@freja.diku.dk

tadguy@abcfd01.larc.nasa.gov (Tad Guy) (05/17/91)

v089pfrb@ubvmsb.cc.buffalo.edu (Jeffrey C Murphy) writes:
> I believe AB20 has run out of disk space (it happens to us all, eh :)
> that's why recent uploads have been 7K in length.

This was recently fixed by zapping sampled sounds.  AB20 is becoming
more and more specialized towards demos, utilities and games, it seems...

	...tad