[comp.sys.amiga.games] Lemmings Taxing 7

pmiller@vttcf.cc.vt.edu (Paul Miller) (05/14/91)

Help! I've gotten all the way to Taxing 7 without help, but I can't figure
this one out! Can anyone offer some hints?

* Paul Miller                       | DISCLAIMER IS BETTER THAN DATCLAIMER *
* VIDEOWORKS Computer Applications  | ------------------------------------ *
* Certified AMIGA Developer         |  My opinions are mine own, and not   *
* --------------------------------- | those of those who are not me (um?)  *
* INTERNET: pmiller@vttcf.cc.vt.edu |     - Have a JOLT and a smile! -     *
* ------------------------------------------------------------------------ *
*    Origin: MILLIWAYS, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe! (v42)   *

mmoore@ux.acs.umn.edu (Malcolm Diallo Moore) (05/15/91)

In article <24738@know.pws.bull.com> pmiller@vttcf.cc.vt.edu (Paul Miller) writes:
>Help! I've gotten all the way to Taxing 7 without help, but I can't figure
>this one out! Can anyone offer some hints?
>
>--
>* Paul Miller                       | DISCLAIMER IS BETTER THAN DATCLAIMER *
>* VIDEOWORKS Computer Applications  | ------------------------------------ *
>* Certified AMIGA Developer         |  My opinions are mine own, and not   *

Oooh, level 67?  Sorry I can't offer any help, I got stuck on it too, and
one of my boys just gave me the access code to 68.  But I certainly would
like to know how to finish this one, as well as Taxing 4 (didn't complete
that one either).  Right now I'm on level 116 and I just wanna see what the
end thing looks like (people were telling me it was cool as hell).  And DON'T
POST what the endgame looks like.  I wanna find out for myself.

Peace.

Malcolm "The Capital MD" Moore
----------Amiga: The One and Only.  All the Rest Can Get the Bozack.-----------
"I ain't never got gaffled like that, I used to do the gaffilin'--
McDonald's was my spot."
"Man, what you used to do??"
"Jack them motherfuckers for them Nissan Trucks.  Right in the drive thru."

farren@well.sf.ca.us (Mike Farren) (05/17/91)

mmoore@ux.acs.umn.edu (Malcolm Diallo Moore) writes:

>In article <24738@know.pws.bull.com> pmiller@vttcf.cc.vt.edu (Paul Miller) writes:
>>Help! I've gotten all the way to Taxing 7 without help, but I can't figure
>>this one out! Can anyone offer some hints?

You're going to have big trouble later - this is a simple version of "The
Ascending Pillar Scenario", which is *much* harder.  What you need to do is
to get one, and only one, lemming going to the left, and building bridges
from pillar to pillar.  When you get to the last pillar, dig down, then
to the left, then down, then to the left, then build another bridge.

As for stopping all the other lemmings, you can either dig a hole or use
blockers.  Digging the hole is more reliable.

>as well as Taxing 4 (didn't complete that one either).

Taxing 4: the guys on the right side of the barrier have to dig their way
over to the left side.  Bridges up the left side of the playfield have to
be positioned *just right* (actually, there's a bit of leeway) so none of
the climbing lemmings get zapped.  Try again - it isn't that hard.
--
Mike Farren 				     farren@well.sf.ca.us