[comp.sys.amiga.games] BTIII

atul@cadence.com (Atul Srinivasan) (05/17/91)

Well,
	after a completing the first dungeon in BTIII, I can say,
I'm not impressed. The spellcasting interface sucks. Scrolling
through a list of spells is pathetic. The characters take forever
to have their images loaded, (I assume that is what is taking the
most time when you select a character to view.) and the images
are pretty poor. (At least compared to BTI & II). ANd there are
many other little things like that.

	It seems that the chances of an encounter are MUCH greater
here than in BTI & II. In the first dungeon, I probably spent 95%
of my time just fighting. Does this get any better. The dungeons
weren't hard, but PAINFUL.

Why can't special characters carry items ? They could in BTII.

The hard disk installation is far from smooth, if you don't have
CLI/ENDCLI.

Yes it does run smoothly on a hard disk,  and apparently
takes advantage of extra memeory, but I can't say much more for it.
All this is great, except the games not very playable, compared
to either BTI or II.

Please tell me I'm missing something. I wonder if EA would take change requests.

Atul

atul@cadence.com

beust@taloa.unice.fr (Cedric Beust) (05/19/91)

In article <1991May16.203942.18568@cadence.com> atul@cadence.com (Atul Srinivasan) writes:
>Well,
>	after a completing the first dungeon in BTIII, I can say,
>I'm not impressed. The spellcasting interface sucks. Scrolling
>through a list of spells is pathetic. The characters take forever
>to have their images loaded, (I assume that is what is taking the
>most time when you select a character to view.) and the images
>are pretty poor. (At least compared to BTI & II). ANd there are
>many other little things like that.
> [...]
>Please tell me I'm missing something. I wonder if EA would take change requests.

  No, everything you said is correct. BT III has many unpleasant
features that will discourage most of the players from playing it. Maybe
we should gently point all this out to EA (we mustn't dishearten them
from releasing other products!).

  Personally, I'm still playing...

   And regarding the frequency of the encounters, you should consider
asking a bard to play the song #2. It will give you a little more
freedom to move.

| Cedric BEUST                                     University of Nice    |
| INET: beust@taloa.unice.fr                       $whoami               |
| UUCP: llaor.unice.fr!arkonis!beust               god (personal alias)  |
|                   -- "To be, or not to be...",                         |
|                      That is illogical, captain!                       |
|                                     -- Spock                           |