[comp.sys.amiga.games] Ultima IV

lindholm@greve.ucs.ubc.ca (George Lindholm) (08/24/90)

I need help (obviously :-). Where do I find the Mandrake reagent in Ultima IV?
I know that I am supposed to look for it in the "Ferns of the Dead" and the
other place but other than being severly poisoned I found nothing.

lindholm@staff.ucs.ubc.ca  George_Lindholm@mtsg.ubc.ca   USERGNL@UBCMTSG.BITNET
University of British Columbia Computing Services
(604) 228-4375

a275@mindlink.UUCP (Travers Naran) (08/24/90)

> lindholm@greve.ucs.ubc.ca writes:
>
> I need help (obviously :-). Where do I find the Mandrake reagent in Ultima
> IV?
> I know that I am supposed to look for it in the "Ferns of the Dead" and the
> other place but other than being severly poisoned I found nothing.

Well, first off. Go to the Bloody Plains instead. There is a single patch of
swamp there, on the New Moon (i.e. when the moons are dark, both of them) enter
that patch and search. The other place, to the best of my knowledge, no one has
found Mandrake there.
One tip, get a monster to stand over that patch in the Bloody Plains, kill it
and the gold chest will occupy the swamp patch. Every new moon, just stand over
the gold chest and you will find the Mandrake.

Travers "T'aran" Naran (I am male)
Simon Fraser University, Computing Science (Burnaby, B.C., Canada)
New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada, North America, etc...
Whovian, Prober, Treker, Quantum Leaper....
Mailing addresses:
   Usenet  Travers_Naran@mindlink.UUCP
or      uunet!van-bc!rsoft!mindlink!Travers_Naran

goris@eecae.uucp (Jason Goris) (08/25/90)

Hey,
	The mandrake is where you said it should be.  If I remember right
you search at midnight and yes, you will be poisoned...  the good thing
about poison (if there is one), is that usually one or two guys gets poisoned
and it stays that way until you cure anyone.  So keep searching like crazy
at midnight, let a few guys get poisoned, then move when the moons are not
midnight (I think two full moons mean midnight if I remember correctly)!
Any more help just ask here or E-Mail...
	It was a long game, but I did it a few years back!  Later!

Jason Goris		EMail:  goris@eecae.uucp
			Phone:  517-337-3957
        //  vs.
      \X/       | B /\/\

missey@clmqt.marquette.Mi.US (Missey) (08/25/90)

lindholm@greve.ucs.ubc.ca (George Lindholm) writes:

>I need help (obviously :-). Where do I find the Mandrake reagent in Ultima IV?
>I know that I am supposed to look for it in the "Ferns of the Dead" and the
>other place but other than being severly poisoned I found nothing.

>lindholm@staff.ucs.ubc.ca  George_Lindholm@mtsg.ubc.ca   USERGNL@UBCMTSG.BITNET
>University of British Columbia Computing Services
>(604) 228-4375

     Well I don't know if this will help you or not. It depends on if
you have the sextant or not. If you have the SEXTANT the co-ordinates
{sp?} are     D,G   L,G.....

     Let me know if this helps.

* The most endangered species,*   BFN.....                  MISSEY   *
*     the honest man.....     * rutgers!mailrus!sharkey!clmqt!missey *

cactus@zardoz.club.cc.cmu.edu (Todd Masco) (05/23/91)

Surprisingly enough and for all its faults, Ultima V on the amiga does
have a good point.  It looks like the people who ported it, being
unfamiliar with Amiga programming (as evidenced by their keyboard
input routines, the pitiful area of the map saved, etc...) also
followed CBM's guidlines properly -- Ultima V works on the A3000 with
2.0.

What ever happened to the Ultima V patch that was being put together,
anyway?
--
Todd L. Masco - CMU Physics   | "Free speech is the right to shout
cactus@zardoz.club.cc.cmu.edu |   'theatre' in a crowded fire."