[comp.sys.amiga.games] dragonwars help

IP06106@PORTLAND.BITNET (05/07/91)

Well even though my guys are 13th level I'm really starting to get bogged down
progress wise... I could use some help now (since the only city I can still
easily get to, Necropolis is much too tough still).
In what general area can I find the stone hands (I got the other three parts
of the statue)? Also my guysare rather poor (that's what can happen when you
toss a dead salamander when he's holding most of your gold :-( ), any place
I can get rich realitively quickly? (BTW, can i sell some of King Drake's
riches like the Jewels, do I need 'em for later??). Finally when does the
Endiku totem come in handy? Thanks in advance...

+-- Graham Kinsey  IP06106@Portland.CAPS.Maine.edu  P/Link: G KINSEY --+
| You know, computers are just like ST:TNG....                         |
|   Amiga == Wesley (Brilliant kid, but whines too much)               |
+------------------ (with apologies to Eric Giguere) ------------------+

quasar@bellcore.com (Laurence Brothers) (05/07/91)

Can someone verify my assumption that items that you can sell can safely
be sold? This game is a little annoying because it seems there are many
ways to irreversibly screw up the plot.

--
	      Laurence R. Brothers (quasar@bellcore.com)
	     "Mundus Vult Decipi" -- James Branch Cabell

quasar@bellcore.com (Laurence Brothers) (05/20/91)

OK, how do I get past the wall of flames in the college. I'm finishing this
game on inertia, I guess, as I have almost lost all interest by now. The
graphics are too limited, considering there is so little game play....
You'd think they could at least do an actual wall of flames instead of
a silly little campfire icon that doesn't even indicate where the
wall actually is....

--

karl@prophet.UUCP (Karl-Gunnar Hultland) (05/21/91)

>In article <1991May20.105350@bellcore.com> quasar@bellcore.com (Laurence Brothers) writes:
>OK, how do I get past the wall of flames in the college. I'm finishing this
>game on inertia, I guess, as I have almost lost all interest by now. The
>graphics are too limited, considering there is so little game play....
>You'd think they could at least do an actual wall of flames instead of
>a silly little campfire icon that doesn't even indicate where the
>wall actually is....

I just used the spell ICE CHILL and then I got transported to the next
room.

(two more hints)

The next wall of flames is an Illusion use (REVEAL GLAMOUR)

At the end be sure you have a lot of empty "slots" 'cause
you only get ONE chance to get items...
(unless u zap the save and put yourself back in the room again :-) )

                                          Karl

---

Karl Hultland, {rutgers | pyramid | uunet}!cmbvax!cbmehq!cbmswe!prophet!karl

Egoist: a person of low taste, more interested in himself than in me.
						- A. Bierce

smsmith@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (Stephen M Smith) (05/23/91)

>The next wall of flames is an Illusion use (REVEAL GLAMOUR)
>
>At the end be sure you have a lot of empty "slots" 'cause
>you only get ONE chance to get items...
>(unless u zap the save and put yourself back in the room again :-) )

Don't worry.  You can go back at any time and get the other things.

karl@prophet.UUCP (Karl-Gunnar Hultland) (05/23/91)

>In article <1991May23.021915.6057@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu> smsmith@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (Stephen M Smith) writes:
>>The next wall of flames is an Illusion use (REVEAL GLAMOUR)
>>
>>At the end be sure you have a lot of empty "slots" 'cause
>>you only get ONE chance to get items...
>>(unless u zap the save and put yourself back in the room again :-) )
>
>Don't worry.  You can go back at any time and get the other things.

For me the door in the north end of the room DISAPPEARED the second time I got
into the room.

                              Karl

---