[comp.sys.amiga.games] dm

atul@cadence.com (Atul Srinivasan) (11/13/90)

Yes another DM post.

WANTED
------
1) opinions on the best four characters

2) strategy for going up experience levels.

3) Speedboots for all ? How ?

4) Any advantage in sticking to on armour type of character ?

5) Someone mentioned an item called the Hellion. Any info on that.

	email to atul@cadence.com

I'm sure everyone else has heard it all. Thanks.
							Atul

spierce@pnet01.cts.com (Stuart Pierce) (12/04/90)

I can't seem to finish off Chaos.  I've trapped him in a corner with fluxcage,
but he doesn't seem to die when I invoke him.
What is the fuse function suposed to do?
BTW, Dungeon Master runs beautifully in 68020 mode.  Doesn't even mind the
FastROM option of SetCPU.

Stuart W. Pierce

spierce@pnet01.cts.com (Stuart Pierce) (12/06/90)

Thanks for all the replies!  I finally managed to finish Dungeon Master.
* Spoiler *
To deal with the water and fire elementals, it is useful to have the vorpal
swords.

Stuart W. Pierce

reynolds@iastate.edu (Reynolds Jesse Leonard) (12/07/90)

  Yah, there's also a spell that does damage to them...I forget what, I'll post
it later.  Also, has anyone ever really found a use for the invisibility spell?
I suppose it could save your life if your in a fix, but when I first tried it,
I didn't realize you can't move, or it breaks it...I got killed by knights when
I first used it.  Does this work against Chaos??  Not that you really need it..
he isn't that powerful as long as you stay close so he can't use firballs.

 Another note, for those of you trying to fluxcage Chaos, he tends to teleport
away at annoying moments, so you have to just flux a big area and then chase
him around.  Eventually, he slows down and you will get him.  For the dragon,
just keep moving...as long as you don't stay in his path too long, he can't hurt
you that much...I killed him after a while by dodging around the column near
the up staircase, and throwing things(spells, chests, etc) whenever I got the
chance.  If done right, he will never hurt you.

		Good luck, all you DM fanatics...

			-Jesse

kuento@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (12/09/90)

In article <1990Dec6.220415.28696@news.iastate.edu>, reynolds@iastate.edu (Reynolds Jesse Leonard) writes:

>Also, has anyone ever really found a use for the invisibility spell?

I've used it to get a monster to back up, if I've been foolish enough
to get trapped in a dead-end or such. For my money, the Horn Of Fear
works better (and gives Priest experience, too), especially as it
doesn't require Mana to operate.

>  Another note, for those of you trying to fluxcage Chaos, he tends to teleport
> away at annoying moments, so you have to just flux a big area and then chase
> him around.

He only appears to teleport (near as I can figure) when you attempt
to Fuse him. That's why he must be boxed in for the Fuse process to
work. I've never had him teleport unless I've tried to Fuse
prematurely (in fact, I used this fact to *help* trap him!).
Doug Yanega        (Snow Museum, Univ. of KS, Lawrence, KS 66045)
My card: 0 The Fool         "UT!"          Bitnet: kuento@ukanvax
"This is my theory, such as it is....which is mine. AAH-HEM!"

mjv@brownvm.brown.edu (Marshall Vale) (12/11/90)

In article <6115@crash.cts.com> spierce@pnet01.cts.com (Stuart Pierce)
writes:
> To deal with the water and fire elementals, it is useful to have the
vorpal
> swords.
> Stuart W. Pierce

 The vorpal blades and the dispell (des-ew?) works against them aannnnddd.

 You can use the FUSE option of the firestaff against all those elemental
creatures (and the banshee) and it acts like a MON level dispell.
 Try it!
Marshall

-> Internet: mjv@brownvm.brown.edu
"He had found the perfect TV mix, on Marvin's Hour of Power.
 (The show that put the FUN back into fundamentalist)."
   -- Neil Gaiman; Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Propecies of
     Agnes Nutter, Witch

dand@oxy.edu (Daniel D. Fineman) (05/15/91)

Ok....Ive tried most things. What does the gate called "Lighter
than a feather" want?
Dan
Thanks!!!

nelson@.ist.ucf.edu (Henry Aaron Nelson) (05/20/91)

In article <167923@tiger.oxy.edu> dand@oxy.edu (Daniel D. Fineman) writes:
>Ok....Ive tried most things. What does the gate called "Lighter
>than a feather" want?

Put things that you have found in your eye and check their weight.

Henry

joed@sco.COM (setenv WALRUS green) (05/22/91)

dand@oxy.edu (Daniel D. Fineman), barada niktu
]Ok....Ive tried most things. What does the gate called "Lighter
]than a feather" want?

not too big spoiler

to find out the weight of something, just hold it up to your eye on
your character listing. assuming you have gotten most everything, you
should have the item. what's lighter than a feather? the name of the
object isn't very revealing, but its mass is...

big spoiler

it was in a star trek episode, the <item> manuever, i believe.

]Dan
]Thanks!!!

dand@oxy.edu (Daniel D. Fineman) (05/24/91)

Ok I can only play DM a couple hours each weekend and so
I try to rush it.
I've been using the right hand rule to get through the mazes
since I dont have time to map.
The only major hang up I had was with the corbumite
cause I use zokathras to mark my path and I thought the
corbumite was one of my dropped markers.
In any case Ive rushed through most levels but I have a couple
,no many, questions.
These may be spoilers so delete now or whatever...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
ok since my party is composed of 4 = master magicians nothing
much has been a problem until the latest level which has
had these knights that are hard as hell to kill. Ive killed 3
so far but by running and using freeze boxes and smashing them
in doors and using everything I had (BTW the blue slimes
1 level up were no fun either): is there some easy way to kill
these guys? Also there must be a skeleton key for this level
but since a spider comes ever 2 seconds I cant even look around.
But I ddd forge ahead to the next level and I have what I think
is the last ra key, the master key, and a ruby key that i
think I should have spent a couple levels ago. IAC, I ran
ahead to the next level and found myself in hell where
the lesser devils are no problem but I can do nothing
to the big black dude but run and his [her?] shots
really hurt. IAC, Id like some policy suggestions and
the answers to the small questions to follow.
Ive got weapons out the waaazooo but while they seem better as
i got deeper i'm not sure anythings much stonger than the ax
and nothing but the vorpal blades seems to kill immaterial
bad guys, e.g. what are morning stars good for?
Should I have kept the corbumite? I havent found much food lately
..did I miss a	lot {some in the lockers and here and there
but no rats or worms or screamers}?
When I had to pick a door at the end of the snake way was
there anyway to take the other path too?
THE BIG QUESTION can I finish given what ive told you?
Dan